Out to Pasture (2020 Election Game) Gameplay Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 11:50:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Out to Pasture (2020 Election Game) Gameplay Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 31
Author Topic: Out to Pasture (2020 Election Game) Gameplay Thread  (Read 31726 times)
RGM2609
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: January 28, 2020, 12:49:14 PM »

Mike Pence's campaign ad - "People like you" - airing in the South, the Midwest and New England

*A middle class family is standing in front of their house*

Hello, we've been a family for 10 years and we've forever wanted to start a new business in retail...

*another family appears on screen*

...to move to the countryside and start a farm...

*and another one...*

...to afford treatment for our son's illness...

*and so on*

...to open a restaurant...

...to afford College for our daughter...

...to be able to marry without a penalty...

...to open a shelter for dogs...

...to move into a safer neighborhood...

...to stop living from paycheck to paycheck.

*The family from the beginning appears on screen again*

Our dreams seem now closer then ever, because President Pence has proposed a plan that will reduce our taxes, and make us be able to afford what we want achieve. Senator Portman may be calling him a failure, but I know that he's doing his best for people like me to be able to live a better life.

Mike Pence: I'm Mike Pence, I approve this message and I'm fighting for people like you
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 2.09

P P P
« Reply #76 on: January 28, 2020, 12:52:43 PM »

Portman tweets out:

RGM2609
« Reply #77 on: January 28, 2020, 12:54:41 PM »

Mike Pence @presidentpence

Have you read the latest HERITAGE FOUNDATION report showing solid evidence that the tax cuts I proposed will largely pay for themselves by increased revenue due to BOOMING economy? (and we'll pay the rest by closing loopholes in the tax code) So much for the politicians fear mongering the population...
VirginiaAaron
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -3.44

P P P

« Reply #78 on: January 28, 2020, 01:07:30 PM »

WE ARE AMERICA
Ad aired in Iowa, South Carolina, and Nevada

Stacey Abrams (in a speech): We were born for such a time as this...

Male voter #1: We are the product of a rich and complicated history

Male voter #2: We have inherited a legacy of justice.

Child: And we are ready to lead

Female voter #1: We were made for this moment...

Female voter #2: In this nation,

Child #2: with these voices,

Male voter #3: with our votes.

Male voter #4: We declare that poverty is immoral.

Female voter #3: That we deserve a quality education.

Male voter #5: Access to healthcare

Female voter #4: and equal pay for equal work

Female voter #5: We declare that families belong together.

Male voter #6: That we have the right to bear arms.

Child #3: The right to safe communities.

Child #4: We declare that love is love.

Child #5: And that our future should be limitless

Male voter #1 has son in his arms

Male voter #1's son: We are dreamers.

Teenager: We are doers.

Male voter #7: We are teachers.

Female voter #6: We are workers,

Several people together: volunteers, organizers, immigrants, veterans, nurses, progressives, seniors, students, artists, entrepreneurs, engineers, farmers, independents, Republicans, activists, resisters, lifelong Democrats, first time voters.

Male voter #8: We are here.

Female voter #7: We are ready.

Female voter #8 ,with all of the people signs, "We are America."

Sign appears on the black screen that say "Vote."

Stacey Abrams for President logo appears on the screen

Stacey: I'm Stacey Abrams and I approve this message...

RGM2609
« Reply #79 on: January 28, 2020, 01:32:30 PM »

Mike Pence's campaign ad - "Spreading fear" - airing nationwide

Steyer in CNN town hall: "This bill is a fiscal disaster, it will baloon the deficit"

Portman in CNN town hall: "tax cuts like these put us at a substantial risk of going, as I call it, budget AWOL"

Bullock in CNN town hall: "This tax cuts will necessitate cuts in critical government programs to prevent the debt from ballooning even further"

Paul in CNN town hall: "this bill would add hundreds of millions if not a billion or so, dollars into our National Deficit"

Paul tweet: "our country will be bankrupted because of Tax Cuts"

Portman ad: "Mike Pence is leading America towards bankruptcy"

Narrator: That is what the politicians are telling us. Now let's hear out the experts.

Heritage Foundation spokesman: "According to our study, there is solid evidence that the tax cuts will largely pay for themselves due to the growth they would produce in the economy, which will automatically increase revenue. And the rest can be paid for by closing loopholes in the tax code which President Pence pledged to do or by cutting a few government programs. The claims that this cuts will bankrupt the country seem to be baseless."

Mike Pence: I'm Mike Pence, and I approve this message.
No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #80 on: January 28, 2020, 01:38:40 PM »

Quote from: @IvankaTrump
@PresidentPence, I accept your offer to meet with you at the White House to discuss the urgent need for paid family leave and affordable child care. Families across America, and particularly women, are in desperate need of urgent reform on these matters, and I believe it’s incumbent upon this administration to act with swiftness.

Spokeswoman Kimberley Allen confirmed that members of President Pence and Ambassador Trump’s teams would both be reaching out to each other to make arrangements in the upcoming days.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #81 on: January 28, 2020, 02:28:46 PM »

Bullock Ad - Pioneers

to air in Iowa, New Hampshire, Montana, and Nevada, and posted on social media

<cheerful, folksy guitar background music plays>

Narrator #1: This nation was built by the pioneers, the independent people.

<image of the Great Plains shows>

Narrator #2: Small-town businesses and farms are the bedrock our nation rests on.

<image of Bullock shaking hands with a local businessman in Iowa shows>

Narrator #1: However, our representatives in Washington have forgotten about our small towns...

<image of Capitol Hill>

Narrator #2: ...and instead sell their vote to the highest corporate bidder.

<image of money piles and dollar signs>

Narrator #1: Governor Steve Bullock aims to change this dynamic.

<image of Bullock rally>

Narrator #2: Steve is dedicated to the everyday pioneers who represent the best of this great county.

<image of Bullock meet-and-greet on a farm>

Narrator #1: Steve doesn't take money from corrupt corporate PACs.

Narrator #2: If we send Steve to Washington, he'll speak up for pioneers like us, and bring our beliefs and values back to Capitol Hill. So, what are we waiting for?

<image of Bullock campaign logo shows>

Gov. Bullock: I'm Governor Steve Bullock, and I approve this message.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #82 on: January 28, 2020, 02:34:12 PM »

Source: Made on Simitator Fake Tweet Generator
RGM2609
« Reply #83 on: January 28, 2020, 02:36:45 PM »

President Pence @presidentpence

Last time I've checked, analyses of legislative proposals is not the job of the OMB @GovernorBullock
Huey Long is a Republican
New Tennessean Politician
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #84 on: January 28, 2020, 02:38:07 PM »

Rand Paul Final Response to President Pence

"Yet again the President attempts to paint valid criticism as fearmongering and attempts to ignore it. When the Tox Cuts and Jobs Act was introduced, we shall everyone say it will pay for itself but the joint committee on Taxation and the Tax Foundation agreed it would add billions to our national deficit because there wasn't any cuts to government spending elsewhere. We got rid of the mandate, which indeed saved us $700 Billion, but this time, the President has offered nothing to cut for increased to offset the costs. And A politico report added that any and all additional revenue will go to paying for the cuts.

Politico recently published a report that these tax cuts will again add to the deficit in the billions. Any valid criticism is brushed away by the President as fear mongering in an attempt to discredit the ideas of his opponent. All sides deserve to be heard and should not be discredited because you disagree with them. This will be the Senator's last response to the President and he hopes that he will end his petty attacks and focus on the real issues of this campaign rather than blindly slandering his opponents.
"
RGM2609
« Reply #85 on: January 28, 2020, 02:41:30 PM »

Mike Pence's statement with regards to Rand Paul

Once again the politicians ignore the facts like those from the Heritage Foundation report (which is made by experts) in favor of the report of Politico (which is not run by economical experts but is a press institution!).  The American people shall judge
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: 0.52

« Reply #86 on: January 28, 2020, 02:45:12 PM »

Source: Wikimedia Commons

OFFICIAL HOUSE VOTE ON PRESIDENT PENCE'S REVISED TAX LEGISLATION

Ayes: 215
Nays: 215 + Speaker Pelosi (tiebreaker; bill fails)
Present: 4

Party Defectors:

Republicans
None

Democrats
Present:
Vicente Gonzalez (TX-15)
Stephanie Murphy (FL-07)
David Scott (GA-13)
Mike Thompson (CA-05)

Aye:
Anthony Brindisi (NY-22)
Jim Cooper (TN-05)
Charlie Crist (FL-13)
Henry Cuellar (TX-28)
Joe Cunningham (SC-01)
Josh Gottheimer (NJ-05)
Kendra Horn (OK-05)
Ben McAdams (UT-04)
Tom O'Halleran (AZ-01)
Collin Peterson (MN-07)
Max Rose (NY-11)
Kurt Schrader (OR-05)
Mikie Sherill (NJ-11)
Abigail Spanberger (VA-07)
Xochitl Torres Small (NM-02)
Jeff Van Drew (NJ-02)
RGM2609
« Reply #87 on: January 28, 2020, 02:52:27 PM »

Mike Pence to address the nation from the Oval Office in a rare circumstance.
adamevans
United States

« Reply #88 on: January 28, 2020, 02:54:15 PM »
« Edited: January 28, 2020, 04:51:17 PM by Barron »

https://flic.kr/p/2dm3qok

Cory Booker swears off corporate PAC donations ahead of 2020 campaign.

Ahead of the upcoming 2020 election, Cory Booker announced to local press that he would no longer receive corporate donations in any future campaign which were, as he described, 'sources of corrosive effects in politics.' While the main announcement was his refusal to accept corporate PAC donations, he also listed fossil fuel donations, super PAC money, donations from federal lobbyists, insurance company money, and ending any association or ties with closed-door, high-dollar fundraisers. In his speech to the press, he clarified that, while this announcement may help him receive 'backlash' from high-dollar, wealthy donors, it would bring himself 'closer to his constituents, whom are predominantly working families.'

He described the existing campaign finance system as 'corrosive and systemic' and that 'the only way we will break it is with individual senators and representatives refusing to participate in it, one-by-one.' He cited America's growing shift to the right-wing over recent decades on the Overton window, specific votes like TPP, the Trump tax cuts, extension of the Bush tax cuts, etc, and overall decline of wages as evidence of corrupting influence of money, and vouched for a complete overhaul of the existing campaign finance system in favor of public finance or a public voucher system similar to the Seattle model.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2013/08/21/obama-endorse-booker-new-jersey-senate/2680801/

Barack Obama reportedly mentoring Cory Booker for 2020 campaign.

Anonymous reports are suggesting Cory Booker, U.S Senator and potential presidential candidate, has a behemoth of a surrogate behind him. Former President Barack Obama has reportedly been mentoring the U.S Senator, whom is a longtime ally and friend of the former President, and has been talking up his name with close political allies. Cory Booker was a surrogate for Obama both in 2008 and 2012, and many have compared his candidacy to that of the former President. Both have a similar passion for issues such as climate change, criminal justice reform, raising incomes, but the main similarities come from their impoverished upbringing and their ability to persevere despite it and inspire people. Booker has become a poster child of that poor upbringing in his ability to reverse a trend of urban blight as Newark Mayor and build a progressive record in Congress.

(repost from signup thread)
adamevans
United States

« Reply #89 on: January 28, 2020, 02:54:53 PM »
« Edited: February 02, 2020, 04:42:32 AM by Barron »

Cory Booker 2020
Opportunity & Justice for All

https://flic.kr/p/2fwRYXV

Announcement Speech

Thank you all so very much for being here today and being part of a large political movement that will transform America. Thank you for being part of a movement to build a country based on the principles Martin Luther King Jr. espoused a half-century ago: economic justice, social justice, racial justice and environmental justice. And thank you, Mom and Dad, I am here today because of your example of grace, courage and service. Today, we live in an America where small businesses and manufacturers across this country have shuttered, devastating and hollowing out small communities. We live in an America where children, moms and dads are being trapped into cycles of poverty and incarceration; trapped in low-income neighborhoods and ghettos with little opportunity and little justice. We live in an America where half of our wage-earners make less than 30,000 per year and our infrastructure rating scores a mere D-.

And all this in the richest country in the world. All this while the richest 1% gains 82% of all the new wealth.

If we claim to be the wealthiest country in the world, why is our economy plagued with so many illnesses? Why are so many afflicted with dead-end jobs and starvation wages? Why does our life expectancy continue to decline? So many questions, yet so little answers from the people leading this nation. As Martin Luther King Jr. espoused more than a half-century ago, "there is nothing new about poverty. What is new is that we now have the techniques and the resource to get rid of poverty." But we cannot rightly claim to be a wealthy nation of justice and opportunity when so many of our hard-working people experience poverty and so many communities are hollowed out. We cannot claim it when so many live lives doomed to that experience of poverty.

I know, because I lived it.

I was born in Washington D.C. My parents moved me to a neighborhood here in New Jersey with great public schools. But one thing stopped us. The realtors wouldn't sell us a home because of the color of our skin. A group of civil rights lawyers were inspired to protect African-American families in their own communities, and they sued those realtors for racial discrimination. Their courage changed the course of my life forever. My dad told me to never forget where I come from or how many people had to sacrifice to get me where I am, and I could never be more honored or privileged to have the chances that I have been given.

But, unfortunately for so many, that is the exception, not the rule. While three families in America control enough wealth to match 4 million average families, the cost of basic necessities to a good and meaningful life, childcare, college, healthcare, soars. For too many of our fellow Americans, the dream of progress and opportunity is being denied by the grind of an economy that funnels all the wealth to the top. It is denying so many working families their right to free opportunity and equal justice, both of which is mentioned in our founding documents countless times. It is those who have bankrolled and lobbied Washington who have shaped an economy that works only for their bottom line.

Fortunately, in America, if we have the courage and the will to challenge the status quo, we can do so. We did it in Newark, and we beat the city's political establishment. We ushered billions in new economic development, the most in five decades, doubled affordable housing units, and for the first time in 60 years, the population of Newark rose instead of fell. Now, it's that story of challenging the status quo here in Newark that is, as well, a story and model of urban revival. Because America's most triumphant eras came from when we challenged status quo's and political establishments.

The progressive era was brought about when working people, regardless of race, creed or origin, stood together on picket lines and said that justice and opportunity is not for some, it is for all. It was their success and solidarity that brought us the minimum wage and other workplace protections. The civil rights era was brought about when people of all races linked arms in marches and protests to say that justice and opportunity is not for some, it is for all. It was their success that brought us the great sermons of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr and the passage of the Civil Rights Act and the Fair Housing Act despite years of obstruction and filibusters by racist southern senators. Now, it is our turn to challenge the status quo and clarify that justice and opportunity is not for some, it is for all.

Today, we will send a message that, in the wealthiest nation in the world, it is not acceptable that some live without justice nor opportunity. It is with that in mind that I announce my candidacy for President of the United States.

Make no mistake about it, this struggle is not just about defeating Mike Pence. This struggle is about taking on the incredibly powerful institutions that control the economic and political life of this country. And I’m talking about Wall Street, the insurance companies, the drug companies, the military-industrial complex, the prison-industrial complex, the fossil fuel industry and a corrupt campaign finance system that enables billionaires to buy elections. We will build a country where everyone can enjoy economic, social, racial and environmental justice. We have an enormous amount of work in front of us. And this what I believe. If we stand together, if we don’t allow Pence and his friends to divide us up, there is nothing we cannot accomplish.

Together, we will rise.
Huey Long is a Republican
New Tennessean Politician
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #90 on: January 28, 2020, 02:55:32 PM »

SENATOR PAUL ANNOUNCES THREE KEY ENDORSEMENTS

U.S. Representative from Kentucky's 4th District Thomas Massie

Source :
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Massie

Massie during a Rally in New Hampshire on February 2nd

Quote from: Thomas Massie
Tonight, I stand here endorsing my good friend and Senator of my State, Rand Paul of Kentucky! Rand has proven himself time and again to be a fiscally responsible and forward looking Senator. I will gladly support him and campaign for him during the Primaries to see him get the Nomination!

U.S. Senator Tim Scott of South Carolina

Source :
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Scott

Scott during a Rally in South Carolina on March 21st

Quote from: Tim Scott
Rand is one of the smartest men in politics at this point in time and it is my great honor to endorse him. He is thinking of what America's future should be and will take care of the finances when he becomes President. I will gladly support his campaign and support Paul in everything he does!

50th Governor of Tennessee Bill Lee

Source :
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Lee_(Tennessee_politician)

Lee during a Rally in Tennessee on May 30th

Quote from: Bill Lee
We need a man of action in the White House, someone from the truly rural south and understands the concerns of the common citizen. Rand Paul is that man. He has shown his forward thinking by bringing his policy ideas front and center for everyone to see  and discuss. I gladly endorse him and will do my best to ensure he wins this great state.

Massie campaigns for Paul in New Hampshire and Vermont while Scott and Lee both campaigns in their home states, looking to raise support for the Kentucky Senator in those four states.
RGM2609
« Reply #91 on: January 28, 2020, 03:09:28 PM »

Mike Pence's address from the Oval Office

Good evening, My fellow Americans

Today we have witnessed the disappointing defeat of a tax reform bill. A tax reform bill that was not perfect, it obviously had its flaws, but a bill that was, in my view, a net positive in the life of millions of Americans. This defeat had several factors attached to it, including a billionaire threatening representatives with fully funded primary challenges if they voted for the bill. This sad event represents fully well the swamp that has plagued DC for so long and that me and Donald Trump have fought against in 2016 and beyond. And in regards to this, I intend to turn the attention of this Administration to campaign finance and lobbying reform, to ensure that Washington will only listen to the people from now on, not to corrupt billionaires, PACs and lobbying groups. This Administration will continue fighting for the people of our nation. Aside from this, I also plan to work out a massive infrastructure package, to rebuild our crumbling infrastructure and help boost our economy further. And I will meet in the following days with Ambassador Ivanka Trump, who is a great leader of which I am very proud of, to discuss how to make affordable child care and paid family leave a reality.

I am not doing this address for any electoral gains. I will talk more about the fake conservatives voting against helping the middle class and on how it failed on the campaign trail. I am making this address to reassure the people of Le Mars, Iowa, to which I promised personally to fight for tax relief and all around the nation that I am not dropping the fight to improve their life and that, as disappointing as this defeat may be, we will Make America Great Again.

Thank you, God bless you and God bless the USA.
RGM2609
« Reply #92 on: January 28, 2020, 04:19:12 PM »

Mike Pence's schedule in May 2019

While the President only campaigned in Iowa for the last 3 months, he decided to take a break and went on a 2-weeks tour of the South, from Texas to North Carolina, including Florida. There, he made strong appeals to the Tea Party base and evangelicals, emphasizing his religious values and social conservative policies, while also speaking extensively about his tax reform plan and how Portman and Paul opposed it, and about other proposals he wants to see enacted, some more liberal like child care affordability, infrastructure package and government ethics reform, and more about the more conservative ones, such as replacing Obamacare, reforming education, rebuilding the military and stopping illegal immigration. He toured through all kinds of areas, however he emphasized small, rural communities that he believes will put him over the top in the South. Special attention was dedicated to Tennessee, where Bill Lee's endorsement of Paul got the Pence campaign worried that they might be in danger of losing. There, he took the high road, and spoke about his conservative values that make him worthy of the votes of Tennessee, however his surrogates and volunteers attacked Paul for his "weak foreign policy" and offered to calculate people's taxes under the bill that Rand Paul opposed.

In the following two weeks, Pence moved back-and-forth between Washington DC and Iowa, where Governor Kim Reynolds has been relentlessly campaigning for him during his South tour. In Iowa, he continued to focus mainly on the evangelical communities of the North and West, however he largely visited all of the state's areas. On one special occasion, however, President Pence went into Wisconsin for a few hours, holding a rally in the blue collar areas while adopting an anti-establishment rhetoric that won Trump those counties in 2016.
adamevans
United States

« Reply #93 on: January 28, 2020, 04:26:40 PM »

Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #94 on: January 28, 2020, 04:43:02 PM »
« Edited: January 28, 2020, 05:38:42 PM by JacksonHitchcock »

wikimedia commons

Trumka on MSNBC Moulton's the one.

AFL-CIO President Richard Trumka
In the current Democratic field the only candidate who truly stands up for and represents the working class middle American values is Seth Moulton. I think I can say this he has the full support of the AFL-CIO in the primary and the general election. We need to take the fight to Union busting Mike Pence in the fall, and America need Seth Moulton as the Democratic nominee come November. He is a very smart man, and maybe we need an outsider to lead the fight for the middle class.
No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #95 on: January 28, 2020, 04:50:07 PM »

Source: Newsweek

Marco Rubio Endorses Ivanka Trump at Miami Rally; “Let’s get to work with Ivanka Trump”

Quote from: Marco Rubio — Miami, FL
After weeks of deliberation and prayer about the future of our country, I have come here tonight to make an announcement — and that announcement is that I will be endorsing Ivanka Trump for our parties nomination and for President.

I do not make this decision lightly; as endorsing one for the highest office in our land must be a decision made with the utmost forethought and consideration; likewise I hold no ill will or animosity towards President Pence or my fellow Senators running for President; however it has become clear in recent months that our country is in sore need of monumental change and new leadership, leadership from beyond the halls of what Washington DC can provide, — and I believe Ivanka Trump is the leader best positioned and prepared to take on the challenges our country is facing, and to reignite the movement to Make America, truly, Great Again.

I am here tonight making this endorsement because like you I know that it is now or never. I’m in it to win it because we believe in America. We all have a part in this. We all have a responsibility. Looking around at all of you, you hardworking Florida families. You farm families, and teachers, and teamsters, and cops, and cooks. I see you, and so does Ivanka, so let’s get to work with Ivanka Trump!

Ivanka embraces Marco and the two then turn to wave at the crowd as she takes the podium.

Quote from: Ivanka Trump — Miami, FL
Thank you sunshine state for the warm welcome!

Let me start off by saying thank you Marco, as you said we haven’t got a moment to lose, and we are here tonight because we believe in America, we believe in her greatness and potential, and I am more confident than ever that despite our troubles, we have it within our power to make our country truly great again! Let’s get to work!
RGM2609
« Reply #96 on: January 28, 2020, 04:54:42 PM »

BREAKING: Ted Cruz endorses Mike Pence during rally in Texas

"Mike Pence is a very brave, very honorable man who will fight day and night for the values of the conservative movement in the White House and get things done for the people: lower taxes, smaller government, moral conduct. I am proud to endorse him and I will campaign extensively in Texas and in the South for him."

BREAKING: Ron Johnson endorses Mike Pence during rally in Wisconsin

"President Pence is a warrior for working class voters in Wisconsin, as shown by his tenure as Vice President and his proposed tax reform plan that would have helped this state greatly, and I will do everything to ensure he gets a full term of his own, including campaigning in my home state."
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #97 on: January 28, 2020, 05:02:13 PM »

https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Steyer_2020_presidential_campaign#/media/File:Tom_2020_819a29ab.png

Tom Steyer Summer Strategy and Tweets

The Steyer 2020 Campaign places a great emphasis on winning New Hampshire. That states voters who have traditionally been receptive to populist outsiders with unique backgrounds and pitches, and should be a great state for the Steyer message. Steyer with the support of former Governor Lynch and [surrogates yet to be determined] will make New Hampshire top priority of the early states for the campaign. The campaign will carry out three 10 County Tours, and hold other rallies in major cities and barnstorm the state. The main policy emphasis will be on Tom's outsider nature and ability to break the corporate stronghold on Washington, and his bold progressive platform. Simultaneously, the TV and Radio of the state will be blanketed with Steyer advertisement promoting the same message. Tom Steyer will go to Iowa, but the lion's share of campaign resources will be devoted to a substantial win in New Hampshire. However, with Steyer's substantial wealth, ads in Iowa will still occur and a lot of them. While Steyer's advertisement money outweighs any challenge on the airwaves in either of the first two states, Tom will be touring deep red districts to build a base among non-Democrats, and portray himself as an outsider prepared to fight for the people. Not unlike Trump, but with a progressive pro-people, pro-worker, and inclusive agenda rather than faux-populism and race-baiting. Tom will also tour his home state of California to raise name recognition and build a base in a crucial state. Ads in every state are a priority.

Credit to Prankmenot for Fake Tweet

Transcript: We killed the tax scam. Time to pass a progressive tax plan that benefits working families.

RGM2609
« Reply #98 on: January 28, 2020, 05:05:15 PM »
« Edited: January 28, 2020, 05:10:17 PM by RGM2609 »

Mike Pence @presidentpence

A disgrace! Faux populist billionaire Steyer is bragging about killing a tax plan that would have ACTUALLY benefited everyone...by threatening representatives with funding primary opponents and BUYING their votes! He can't drain the swamp because he IS the swamp!
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 2.09

P P P
« Reply #99 on: January 28, 2020, 05:12:58 PM »

Portman For America campaign platform
New Additions

Overall theme: Right-Wing Populism

-Cleaning Washington

Portman's #1 campaign stance is ending corruption and logjam in Washington. This will be a bold undertaking, with a focus on increasing government transparency, transparency of actions made by elected officials and the executive branch. There will also be an emphasis on increasing oversight of congress and the executive branch and reducing salaries for elected officials. There will also be an emphasis on justice for corrupt officials and raised consequences for actions of such.

-Enforcing our borders and customs

A major campaign point is a hard line on immigration. We must take no time to solve our problems at the border before our problems at the border solve us. We need to deport all illegal immigrants and create a strong and secure barrier at the southern border. Only after that can we make it easier for people to immigrate to our country, from anywhere, not just Latin America.

-Enforcing fiscal responsibility

Our debt is out of control. Both Democrats and Republicans have failed to stop the rise, both the Obama and Trump administrations have only amplified the problem. We need to finally enforce a spending cap and start controlling how much we spend. When it comes to the budget, the Portman administration will always put debt reduction first. Even over potential tax breaks.

-Protecting American Jobs, Industry, and Retail

Any and all measures will be taken to save and revive the American manufacturing industry. No hesitation will be used to kill unfair trade deals and enact tariffs against countries like China and India which steal our jobs and industries. We must do whatever needs to be done to reclaim our former manufacturing dominance. Reductions of the minimum wage, harsh penalties for companies that outsource, and a federal jobs guarantee are on the table. We must also work to save our dying retail industry, a stable of American culture and the American economy, by any means necessary. From breaking up tech giants to putting restrictions on online purchases to giving large tax breaks for retail, no measure is too great to undertake.

New:

-Freedom from technology

Big-tech exploits the American economic system to the maximum legal extent, and to prevent them from exploiting our systems further we have to remove the loopholes they use to unfairly expand into monopolies, which doing so leads to job reductions and economic decay. Under a Portman administration, significant measures will be taken to reduce the influence of massive companies, such as preventing mergers of a certain size, and perhaps even breaking up bloated corporations to add color to the economic environment. We must also rework our tax laws when it comes to this. Companies like Amazon pay absolutely nothing in taxes. That's going to change during a Portman administration. We must also work to protect internet users from privacy invasion and corporate exploits. Under a Portman presidency, net neutrality will be protected without question, and additional oversight will be provided to ensure no online privacy violations by corporations.

-Leveling of the social playing field

On day one of the Portman administration, affirmative action will be ended. This is not a popular position by any means, but the reality is no one should have an advantage over anyone, in college applications, in applying for a job, for anything. A thing about today's society, we have achieved complete social equality. That said, there is no need to keep affirmative action in place. The democratic party, in both 2019 and 1879, wants certain people to have advantages over other people. It's time to balance the scales.

AMERICA FOREVER

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 31  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies