NYC Mayor/2021 Megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 11:44:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NYC Mayor/2021 Megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NYC Mayor/2021 Megathread  (Read 129187 times)
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« on: March 15, 2021, 05:13:51 AM »

Insane thread here

NYPD's budget is $11 bil, nearly 90% of which is salaries & pensions — cutting it by 30% without reducing police numbers is mathematically impossible (and, frankly, a 30% cut to cops is going to cause a crime spike that will drive more residents & businesses into the suburbs, exacerbating the budget problem).

I keep coming back to this whenever someone mentions Morales. A honestly disqualifying Twitter-activist tier answer, the type of rhetoric that actively harms Democrats everywhere.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2021, 02:21:03 AM »

Menchaca was a total show horse, not a work horse, hence why his constituents hate him. Good bye to a candidate totally unequipped for the job.

Anyways, Scott Stringer got 25 thousand signatures. Which...to compare, Yang got 9 thousand. Absolutely amazing. This is what happens when you have a dedicated core of volunteers, who are veterans of the Sanders and Warren 2020 campaigns and 2018, and when your volunteer base is largely made up of those new to the scene.

A small army of experienced, tested, veterans will handily defeat disorganized conscripts any day, as history as taught us repeatedly.

Ok but considering Sanders and Warren lost quite handily, it does make you wonder if it won't happen again, with Yang at Biden's position this time Tongue
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2021, 02:39:26 AM »

Menchaca was a total show horse, not a work horse, hence why his constituents hate him. Good bye to a candidate totally unequipped for the job.

Anyways, Scott Stringer got 25 thousand signatures. Which...to compare, Yang got 9 thousand. Absolutely amazing. This is what happens when you have a dedicated core of volunteers, who are veterans of the Sanders and Warren 2020 campaigns and 2018, and when your volunteer base is largely made up of those new to the scene.

A small army of experienced, tested, veterans will handily defeat disorganized conscripts any day, as history as taught us repeatedly.

Ok but considering Sanders and Warren lost quite handily, it does make you wonder if it won't happen again, with Yang at Biden's position this time Tongue
Well isn't this an incredibly sobering comment. It's clear that Yang has the most momentum and soft support needed to win this race off sheer inertia alone. No amount of spontaneous rallies petition-gathering is going to change the infrastructure already in place to make Yang win.

Yang has been "campaigning" for this since 2018, while the rest have only started for a few months at best. This race will not become a horserace, as the lead horse just has to crawl from the position his trainer left him at nearly a tenth of the track from the finish line while everyone else runs from the start.

Considering the amount of undecideds, I think he definitely doesn't have this in the bag. I mean, all comparisons aside, he isn't the Vice Mayor of New York City or something. He's just a low tier Presidential candidate who became popular, and he could certainly lose this if he doesn't play his generous hand right
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2021, 02:29:35 PM »

Scott is going to hemorrhage endorsements, money, and support until primary day. He should drop out while he still has some dignity left.

Damn, I had a lot of faith in this man. Sad

I'm sorry buddy Purple heart
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2021, 12:08:31 PM »

Frontrunner
Andrew Yang
Competitors
Eric Adams, Maya Wiley
Periphery of Competition
Ray McGuire, Diane Morales
Field
Shaun Donovan, Kathryn Garcia
lol
Scott Stringer

Donovan isn't competitive at all? He seems like one of the best for governing there.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2021, 03:56:00 AM »

Ok I've been off the grid for two weeks, and I have no idea what's going on. Wasn't Garcia polling at like 3% two weeks ago? Can anyone explain in as much detail as possible what transpired in this timespan?
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2021, 04:27:18 AM »

Why is it that every time I come back home another candidate is leading
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies