Second Presidential Debate Thread (at 9pm ET) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 03:11:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Second Presidential Debate Thread (at 9pm ET) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Second Presidential Debate Thread (at 9pm ET)  (Read 16183 times)
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« on: October 23, 2020, 04:09:01 PM »

The fact that Trump's jaw-dropping assertion that he's done more for African Americans than any president with the possible exception of Lincoln as just Trump shows just How Far We've descended as a country. Leave aside the notion of whether or not Trump is racist or not (though he obviously is). The fact that someone could make such a megalomaniac statement while still sitting in the Oval Office and 45% of Americans just shrug or nod their heads in agreement is - - - mind-blowing and utterly disappointing at the same time.

This statement is aimed at his base and not African Americans.

This is true, but it's still an outrageous claim to make.

And it also demonstrates how mind-numbingly ignorant Trump is about American history, and history in general. Lyndon Johnson, Harry Truman, Dwight D. Eisenhower, and even Presidents such as Ulysses S. Grant have done more for black Americans than Trump.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2020, 08:34:11 PM »

I figured less people would watch this debate. Hell, I was one of them and I have no regrets, even though it sounds like it was a genuine improvement from the first one in most aspects.

As I noted earlier, I didn't watch it either. I was actually planning on to, but I fell asleep and didn't wake up until after it was over.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies