Cenk Uygur running for Congress (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 01:43:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Cenk Uygur running for Congress (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Cenk Uygur running for Congress  (Read 5976 times)
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« on: November 14, 2019, 10:57:47 PM »

Cenk Uygur is a great man and we need more people like him in our government.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2019, 11:35:03 PM »

Quote from: Cenk Uygur

I live in Miami now.  There are an incredible amount of outrageously hot women here.  In fact, there are more beautiful women here than any other city I have ever seen.

The only problem is that after seeing these girls every day and not being able to have sex with them, after awhile, you begin to lose your mind.

Don't get me wrong, I hook up a decent amount (defined as: at least make out with a new girl every six to eight weeks and have sex with a steady girl at least once a week), but it seems like there is a sea of tits here, and I am drinking in tiny droplets.  I want to dive into the whole god damn ocean.

The waves keep pounding you every night on South Beach, and the more luscious the surf, and the more dry you are, the more insanity sets in.

On Friday night, I talked to approximately eleven different women at a new club on the beach.  Most of them were unfairly beautiful. And I must admit I was fairly charming.  Some even indicated I was cute, but alas, no results.   The madness grows.

There are two problems, which I will get into greater detail on later.  But for now, suffice it to say, they are: 1. Too many semi-professional whores in Miami. 2. The genes that God gave women.

1. In other places in the US, when I tell girls that I quit law to become a talk show host, they get excited, because it indicates I might actually be an interesting person that has done something unusual, and hence cool, thing with his life.

In Miami, it is seen as a clear decrease in earning potential, and is heavily frowned upon.  I have never seen girls get so turned off as when I tell a Miami girl I no longer practice law.  This reaction is sickening, in its depraved, whorish blatantness.

This happened again on Friday night when I told what seemed to a sweet 5th grade teacher my story.  She lost all interest, quickly lost her sweet smile, and literally switched seats so as not to sit next to the man that threw away such good future earning potential.

2. Obviously, the genes of women are flawed.  They are poorly designed creatures who do not want to have sex nearly as often as needed for the human race to get along peaceably and fruitfully.  

https://web.archive.org/web/20020607165341/http://www.youngturk.com:80/newpage41.htm
That was forever ago, before 9/11 I believe. He's married with kids now. He's changed a lot, apologized, and even though it got him kicked out of Justice Democrats, he still supports them because he understands why they did it.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2019, 11:37:48 PM »

Quote from: Cenk Uygur

I live in Miami now.  There are an incredible amount of outrageously hot women here.  In fact, there are more beautiful women here than any other city I have ever seen.

The only problem is that after seeing these girls every day and not being able to have sex with them, after awhile, you begin to lose your mind.

Don't get me wrong, I hook up a decent amount (defined as: at least make out with a new girl every six to eight weeks and have sex with a steady girl at least once a week), but it seems like there is a sea of tits here, and I am drinking in tiny droplets.  I want to dive into the whole god damn ocean.

The waves keep pounding you every night on South Beach, and the more luscious the surf, and the more dry you are, the more insanity sets in.

On Friday night, I talked to approximately eleven different women at a new club on the beach.  Most of them were unfairly beautiful. And I must admit I was fairly charming.  Some even indicated I was cute, but alas, no results.   The madness grows.

There are two problems, which I will get into greater detail on later.  But for now, suffice it to say, they are: 1. Too many semi-professional whores in Miami. 2. The genes that God gave women.

1. In other places in the US, when I tell girls that I quit law to become a talk show host, they get excited, because it indicates I might actually be an interesting person that has done something unusual, and hence cool, thing with his life.

In Miami, it is seen as a clear decrease in earning potential, and is heavily frowned upon.  I have never seen girls get so turned off as when I tell a Miami girl I no longer practice law.  This reaction is sickening, in its depraved, whorish blatantness.

This happened again on Friday night when I told what seemed to a sweet 5th grade teacher my story.  She lost all interest, quickly lost her sweet smile, and literally switched seats so as not to sit next to the man that threw away such good future earning potential.

2. Obviously, the genes of women are flawed.  They are poorly designed creatures who do not want to have sex nearly as often as needed for the human race to get along peaceably and fruitfully.  

https://web.archive.org/web/20020607165341/http://www.youngturk.com:80/newpage41.htm

While I really dislike Cenk, he has apologized for this and his prior views on the Armenian Genocide so I thinks it’s unfair to use that past against him as he has apologized for it

We can and should attack him for the terrible views he espouses now days and their are plenty of them .  TYT as a whole is awful and we should attack him for all the terrible things they have said
You got me SO CLOSE to praising you and liking your post until you attacked TYT. Obviously you're entitled to your opinion. Thank you for being reasonable. It seems like a lot to ask from blue avatars around here.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2019, 07:23:08 PM »

While I certainly don't support impeachment, and while I am (at this moment) likely to vote for Trump as a protest to this impeachment process, which I consider to be something that undermines our very system of being a Constitutional Republic, I do think that Trump's record on healthcare is awful.
Fuzzy, the Constitution itself is checks and balances on the President. With no Constitution at all, a President could change America from a democracy to a dictatorship in no time at all. Bearing that in mind, and understanding tbat the impeachment process is literally part of the constitution, your argument seems to be "checks and balances are something that undermines our very system of checks and balances". How does that make any sense?
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2019, 08:37:41 PM »

Isn't this gentleman, with all due respect, basically a grifter on the Left?
Nope. No grift at all, just runs a news show / medua mini-empire and is a strong progressive voice.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2019, 10:44:03 PM »

The Constitution states that the President may be impeached for Treason, Bribery, or other High Crimes and Misdemeanors.  There idea that any of these apply to Trump is, at this point, ridiculous.  Tomorrow may bring other news, but as of today, asserting that Trump has committed any of those things takes more Goalpost Moving than is possible.
I would LOVE for you and Republicans to come out and VERY clearly and precisely define where the goalposts are, so that every time you move them, you will prove yourselves to be hypocrites by your very own words.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2019, 03:07:37 AM »

The Constitution states that the President may be impeached for Treason, Bribery, or other High Crimes and Misdemeanors.  There idea that any of these apply to Trump is, at this point, ridiculous.  Tomorrow may bring other news, but as of today, asserting that Trump has committed any of those things takes more Goalpost Moving than is possible.
I would LOVE for you and Republicans to come out and VERY clearly and precisely define where the goalposts are, so that every time you move them, you will prove yourselves to be hypocrites by your very own words.

If you're referring to Bill Clinton's impeachment, I was not in favor of it.

As for the present Impeachment Show, the Democrats in the House are running the whole thing.
I'm referring to Trump and his behavior, what is "acceptable" versus what is "unacceptable". I would like the blie avatars on here to come out and clearly state where they are drawing their lines on what is "too far" for Trump and what would cause them to turn against him. I've noticed that every time these implied lines are approached and crossed, blue avatars insist "that was not the line and I never explicitly said that was the line", and Trump goes further and further and the majority of blue avatars will refuse to turn against him no matter how far he goes. Based on principles, the line dhould be around around the same spot for any president of either party, but I am POSITIVE tbat Trump has crossed what would be considered the line many times, if Trump was a half-black Democrat. "Party over principles" is a disease that has infected the Republican Party.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2019, 01:08:43 PM »

If you're referring to Bill Clinton's impeachment, I was not in favor of it.

As for the present Impeachment Show, the Democrats in the House are running the whole thing.
I'm referring to Trump and his behavior, what is "acceptable" versus what is "unacceptable". I would like the blie avatars on here to come out and clearly state where they are drawing their lines on what is "too far" for Trump and what would cause them to turn against him. I've noticed that every time these implied lines are approached and crossed, blue avatars insist "that was not the line and I never explicitly said that was the line", and Trump goes further and further and the majority of blue avatars will refuse to turn against him no matter how far he goes. Based on principles, the line dhould be around around the same spot for any president of either party, but I am POSITIVE tbat Trump has crossed what would be considered the line many times, if Trump was a half-black Democrat. "Party over principles" is a disease that has infected the Republican Party.

The underlined is not the Constitutional standard for impeachment.  Period.  This is an assertion on my part that, I believe, rises to the level of fact.

Some - actually, the primary - reasoning used for political Americans in determining how they should define "unacceptable" is the Constitution. Therefore, assuming most objective analyses are correct, Trump should probably be impeached. You seem to think you see things clearer than most, and your analysis of the situation is objective and more accurate than most, and yet Fuzzy you WILL NOT condemn Trump despite how many lines he crosses.

I'm not asking you to criticize him, and I'm not asking you to point out all the ways that he is bad. You have done that and I commend you for it. I'm asking you to (publically) draw a line in the sand that Trump CANNOT cross, and if he does cross it, I would like for you to turn your back on him and either vote against him (you won't, abortion) OR publically support his impeachment. I'm asking you to define your limitations of tolerance for Trump, and I'm asking you to be consistent with your words AND actions in this regard without moving goal posts. I ask this not just of you, but of all Republicans.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2019, 12:41:12 AM »

Ventura County Democrats want him out

LMAO!

Cenk saw the light a LONG time ago and has apologized sincerely. For a long time now, he advocates for women and Armenians. No idea what exactly the anti-jew claims and anti-gay claims are, possibly very old or fake, but I know he has apologuzed for anything like that, or Bernie Sanders wouldn't be associating with him. As for Islamophobia... the dude was raised a Turkish muslim and advocates for muslims constantly. Fake news on the islamophobia 1000%.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2019, 12:47:09 AM »

LMAO!

Cenk saw the light a LONG time ago and has apologized sincerely. For a long time now, he advocates for women and Armenians. No idea what exactly the anti-jew claims and anti-gay claims are, possibly very old or fake, but I know he has apologuzed for anything like that, or Bernie Sanders wouldn't be associating with him. As for Islamophobia... the dude was raised a Turkish muslim and advocates for muslims constantly. Fake news on the islamophobia 1000%.

If you've seen any of Bernie's old articles, I wouldn't exactly be citing him as a positive indicator.
What are you implying exactly? Sounds like vague bulls__t but I'm willing to hear you out.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2019, 01:06:06 AM »

LMAO!

If you've seen any of Bernie's old articles, I wouldn't exactly be citing him as a positive indicator.
What are you implying exactly? Sounds like vague bulls__t but I'm willing to hear you out.

I hate to use reddit as a source, let alone r/Enough_Sanders_Spam, but they do actually have a pretty good mega post on him, especially some of his old essays he wrote back when he was living in Vermont before his first election.

Now, he's certainly not anti-semitic or homophobic or anything, but he has said some pretty wacky things, including about women. Some highlights:

"People are becoming aware that the function of our schools is not to educate our children but in fact to do the very opposite - to PREVENT education."

"it is better for their children not to go to school at all then for them to attend a normal type of establishment."

- Bernard Sanders
North Montplier

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/2157401-sanders-destructiveschools.html

"Many women seem to be walking on a tightrope now. Their qualities of love, openness, and gentleness are too deeply emeshed with qualities of dependency, subservience, and masochism."

- Man and Woman, by Bernard Sanders
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/bernie-sanders-essay/

And finally, this one is too long and I'm too tired to dig up specific quotes in, but here's the essay where he attacked age of consent laws and linked cancer to a lack of orgasms:

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/2157403-sanders-cancer.html

Regardless of your personal thoughts on Bernie's policies, one has to admit that these writings are super nutty, if not worse (though we obviously don't know if he still believes these things). Certainly however, they should be enough to block mere association with him from being a disqualifier for being sexist/looney/etc imo.
Nutty? Yeah a bit. Questionable? Yeah a bit but not too far gone. Disqualifier, now years later? No.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2019, 03:52:21 AM »

When people write this sort of deplorable stuff, publish it, and then years later try to say "that was a horrible mistake, and it's not who I am today", what you have to ask is, is there any evidence that they've changed?

TYT was created in 2005 and for the first ten years of its existence was essentially a clickbait program.  As I've documented elsewhere in this thread, to this day, the most watched videos on the TYT channel are bizarrely misogynistic.  They struck gold in 2015 when they realized that going full-throated extreme-hack for Bernie would make them politically prominent, and the misogyny got drowned in politispeak.  But it was still a deplorable channel full of deplorable people.  Jordan Chariton was one of their main contributors and they fired him for sexual assault.

My point is, Cenk wrote those essays in 2000, but then continued to be the same misogynistic douchebag for decades afterwards.  Since he became a full-time Bernie Sanders propagandist, half of the internet has turned die-hard apologists for his misogynistic attitudes, and now it's impossible to talk about.  Folks, the guy's most-viewed video of all time is "Woman orgasms 300 times a day."
This post is absolute trash. You have no idea what you're talking about. Anybody who watches The Young Turks even 5 or 10 times a month, and watched them here or there pre-2015 would know that you have absolutely no clue and are talking out of your a$$.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2019, 04:45:33 PM »

Bernie Sanders yesterday endorsed Cenk.

Then the Twitter outrage mob complained about Cenk's old videos and blogs.

Now Sanders has retracted the endorsement.

LOL

Modern cancel culture... SMH. He has TOTALLY reformed (long ago) and is now a prpgressive champion trying to save America. They just can't let it go. Sad..
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2019, 07:25:18 PM »

I don't know if Uygur is any more controversial than some other people that Sanders pals around with. But, it's his choice to endorse or not, I guess. As a presidential candidate in a primary, he knows that he'll need more support than just his base this time. I can't really blame him for doing this.

I just wonder how Uygur will take this now though, could he end up turning on a politician he respects, or is he just going to blame Twitter too?
Cenk would never turn on Bernie and attack him for it. If you think tbat's the case, you're really underestimating Cenk's principles and selflessness.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2019, 07:33:53 PM »

I don't know if Uygur is any more controversial than some other people that Sanders pals around with. But, it's his choice to endorse or not, I guess. As a presidential candidate in a primary, he knows that he'll need more support than just his base this time. I can't really blame him for doing this.

I just wonder how Uygur will take this now though, could he end up turning on a politician he respects, or is he just going to blame Twitter too?
Cenk would never turn on Bernie and attack him for it. If you think tbat's the case, you're really underestimating Cenk's principles and selflessness.

Well, that's why I was asking.
Cool. Cenk is the kind of guy who will put himself second to his principles. For example, a couple of weeks ago The Young Turks did a story on Michael Moore going on MSNBC and speaking truth. Cenk explained that he has a beef with Moore and didn't necessarily want to praise him, but the bottom line is that credit needs to be given when credit is due.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2020, 06:51:19 PM »

LOL

I hope he loses, but the DCCC would have good reasons to make him look bad / not make him look good. It's a "DCCC internal (poll)". Hmm...
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2020, 02:16:14 AM »

Regardless of your opinions on Chunk, we all need to thank him (and Alex Jones) for giving this amazing rage meme moment:

WARNING: LANGUAGE
https://youtu.be/PD4S_B2QjGA
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies