HI 2014 Congressional Elections (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 09:49:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  HI 2014 Congressional Elections (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: HI 2014 Congressional Elections  (Read 49024 times)
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« on: May 03, 2013, 12:46:11 AM »

Yes!
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2013, 06:06:18 PM »

No surprise.

I sincerely hope Hanabusa wins this race.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2013, 09:02:55 PM »

The seat doesn't belong to Schatz either. God forbid he actually face ONE competitive election to prove himself before having the seat for life (the main election in a Hawaii Senate race is obviously the Democratic primary).

Schatz isn't any more entitled to the seat than Hanabusa is. If he wins, then good. He earned it. But stop acting like Hanabusa shouldn't even run.
For once (and probably the last time), I agree with Becca. Granted, I think Abercrombie should have respected Inouye's wishes, but Schatz isn't entitled to this seat just because he won the appointment. A competitive primary gives Hawaii Democrats, not a handful of individuals, the power, which is where it should have been all along.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2013, 12:02:50 AM »

We must have missed this, as its a few weeks old, but Akaka endorsed Hanabusa.

HanabUSA!

Love it - while I'd prefer having a Republican winning this race, Hanabusa is certainly my preferred choice of the two.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2014, 12:18:13 AM »

I was pretty impressed by both in the debate, so my guess is it isn't going to change very much. I think Hanabusa will ultimately prevail on Election Day, though I expect this to be close. I am surprised Obama chose to endorse here...that's certainly helping Schatz out.

Miles, I would agree with you - it was as if Schatz was trying to show how important he was and how he already has the connections in the Senate. Seemed arrogant to me, but I doubt the average vote would pick up on it.

Here's hoping for a Hanabusa victory in a month!
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2014, 05:54:41 PM »

It seems Hanabusa's campaign is entirely based on "Daniel Inouye wanted me to be senator, so you should vote for me"

You could just as easily say that Schatz's campaign is entirely based on "Neil Abercrombie wanted me to be a senator, plus muh incumbency, so you should vote for me."

At least Inouye is actually popular in the state. I support Schatz, but this has always been a pretty dumb line of attack. Hanabusa likely would've run regardless of whether or not Inouye wrote that letter, it's not like she's getting any younger.

Except that the question is "what does Hanabusa have that Schatz doesn't" it seems there are no ideological differences between the two and the election is split along racial and generational lines rather than policy or ideas
But why should Schatz be entitled to this seat? He only got it because the unpopular Governor wanted him to have it...he wasn't elected to it. Hanabusa and anyone else who wants it should have every right to try - let The People have the final say.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies