NY may allow conealed carry if your tweets are good & you're nice & have cool friends (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 09:01:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  NY may allow conealed carry if your tweets are good & you're nice & have cool friends (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NY may allow conealed carry if your tweets are good & you're nice & have cool friends  (Read 1136 times)
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« on: July 01, 2022, 05:06:39 PM »

So basically you need a good social credit score to carry in public? That's dystopian.

Better background checks? Fine. But by and large we should either let every non felon carry or no one. As I've said time and time again anything in between is totalitarian.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, my most radical position that's likely to make a Conservatives head blow off while discussing politics in person is repealing the 2nd amendment. It's gone too far and the way it's being interpreted by radical Conservative lawmakers makes it unfit for a 21st century society.

I'd even be in favor of passing a law afterward to allow personal possession for self defense and hunting; but at least this way, proper regulations could be put in place.

I'm aware this is 99.9% unlikely to happen in this country and no Democrat would ever run on this (and they shouldn't).

I doubt repealing it would do a bit of good (and possibly some harm). The ammosexuals and those who profit from them will just come back with 9th Amendment and a right to bear arms in the common law. (Which, to be fair, is a much better place to approach it from than misinterpreting the 2nd.)

The core problem is not the 2nd Amendment, it's the people who ignore half of the words in it order to justify an imaginary right for every man in the country to carry a concealed semi-automatic pistol and an assault weapon at all times.  People who claims a couple commas let them ignore "A well regulated Militia being necessary to the security of a free State" don't actually need an amendment in order to get their way.

This is something we're seeing a lot with Republicans lately - the legalisms are just an excuse. The Right will do whatever it wants, or at least whatever we allow it to get away with, no matter what the law actually says. Searching for technical fixes is a waste of time and energy - the problem is Republicans.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies