Louise Mensch reporting sealed indictment against trump granted (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 04:30:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Louise Mensch reporting sealed indictment against trump granted (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Louise Mensch reporting sealed indictment against trump granted  (Read 2849 times)
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« on: May 13, 2017, 11:23:20 PM »
« edited: May 13, 2017, 11:26:27 PM by TD »

1. Louise Mensch is not the most reliable voice ever. She and Claude Taylor mean well but they go down a lot of blind alleys. They said Sessions would be charged; he wasn't. They hit gold once in a while but it's not always great. I usually stick with MSM articles to form my basis for Trump's eventual impeachment and while I read them, I read them with a massive grain of salt. They're claiming the FBI has closed in on the President; I'm not so firm in my belief in that (although I'd be happy to be wrong). They also believe Ryan to be complicit; I'm less sure of this and even less (but I am concerned) about the Vice-President. As of right now, there is no evidence Pence or Ryan are complicit in any way. Pence, in fact, has called Putin a thug, during the VP debate.

a. For the record, in my belief, Trump is a lot more legally vulnerable on his business activities rather than his Russian collusion. He may be in fact in violation of the Emoluments clause, but more than that, I am strongly suspicious that the Trump family is continuing to do business while Trump is in office, and may be subtly using government policy to influence their business dealings. I've said (and this is in my TL) that Trump's smoking gun is in his business dealings, and Russia will be after.

But if you also read said TL, the evidence takes 2 years to collate and collect. I don't think it's going to be that easy to just indict Trump and be done with it. You have to assemble an air tight case on Trump. This is one reason he doesn't want to release his tax returns. They'll show links to LLC's that may showcase shady behavior.

2. The President can't be prosecuted? Isn't that per se disputed? But this 2016 article from Forbes says, interestingly, Trump cannot be charged. But it seems he could be indicted, still?

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies