Sri Srinivasan and Two Other Judges Being Vetted for Scalia's Seat (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 07:20:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Sri Srinivasan and Two Other Judges Being Vetted for Scalia's Seat (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Sri Srinivasan and Two Other Judges Being Vetted for Scalia's Seat  (Read 1416 times)
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« on: March 05, 2016, 12:28:33 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

source
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2016, 05:49:26 PM »

A Supreme Court vacancy that gets filled with someone the other side likes is a wasted vacancy.  Republicans understand this which is why they appoint hacks like Alito, Scalia, Kennedy, and Thomas.

Yesss. While I don't really want either side to nominate crazy people, I do hope Democrats stack the Supreme Court with very liberal justices. I really don't even want them to try and please Republicans/conservatives. The amount of disrespect Republicans have shown Obama, the unprecedented obstruction, has pushed things too far. They don't deserve consideration and the second it becomes possible to go around them, that is what should be done.

Simply put, at the first available moment, I would like Republicans to pay dearly for their actions the past 6+ years.

Republicans will be hurt more politically by rejecting a moderate nominee they already voted to confirm once before nearly unanimously, than by rejecting a more liberal nominee.  

That I believe is President Obama's thinking. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies