Officeholders/candidates (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 10:37:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Officeholders/candidates (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Officeholders/candidates  (Read 3177 times)
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« on: January 26, 2011, 07:47:06 PM »

It's what we didn't know that worried me more...

I've been approached by both the Greens and the Liberal Party (I clearly keep my cards close to my chest...) the Libs have finally stopped asking me.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2011, 12:40:45 AM »

It's what we didn't know that worried me more...

I've been approached by both the Greens and the Liberal Party (I clearly keep my cards close to my chest...) the Libs have finally stopped asking me.

Haha, Liberal Party?

Yes, there was a time when I could have considered it - but they just had to get rid of Turnbull.

... I also find their social policy reprehensible... mind you, I also find the ALP social platform in some ways equally so... and the Greens? I would never trust them with an economy. I vote for them... but wouldn't want them in charge of anything...
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2011, 06:36:53 PM »

Well... if HS is being counted, I launched a bloodless coup within the Student Council...

I was elected as a member, but lost the internal vote for president by a vote of 10-8... THEN discovered I got 73% of the vote among all of those in my year... I kind of decided I had the right to be president.

I suddenly volunteered to take the VP's place in weekly meetings with the principal... and when the president had band and swimming obligations I took her place. I had them create an executive council position just for me "the student leadership liaison officer" (since I was friends with all the prefects)... I kind of undermined the president to the extent that she was asked to step down... and I was elected by a vote of 15-3....

I'm both ashamed, and kind of proud that I could have gotten away with it.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies