Democratic WV primary + NE fake contest results thread (1st polls close @7:30ET)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 04:36:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Democratic WV primary + NE fake contest results thread (1st polls close @7:30ET)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 20
Author Topic: Democratic WV primary + NE fake contest results thread (1st polls close @7:30ET)  (Read 17274 times)
Boston Bread
New Canadaland
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -5.00, S: -5.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: May 10, 2016, 06:37:15 PM »

62% of Dems who want "less liberal policies" voted Sanders lol

Trying to understand this. Cross over voters?
Less liberal is a euphemism for less black to most of these folks.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #151 on: May 10, 2016, 06:37:39 PM »

Conservative Democrats who remain Democrats because it's the only way to cast a meaningful vote in many state and local races.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #152 on: May 10, 2016, 06:38:26 PM »

Surprised Coal Country is on par with the rest of the state
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #153 on: May 10, 2016, 06:39:16 PM »
« Edited: May 10, 2016, 06:41:16 PM by Bitch is the New Birkenstock »

I feel like the protest vote will be way higher than that.

Also, great news! Thank you for the loss West Virginia! Cheesy

Wonder if Sanders voters could've gotten away with celebrating the losses in the South?  Hmmm.....

(and please note these are not owning class, elitist whites in WV)

Bernie himself diminished her wins in the South and wrote them off since "Democrats aren't going to win those states anyway," so using his same "logic," his win in West Virginia tonight is totally irrelevant because it does nothing considering 1) he isn't going to be the nominee and 2) Trump is going to outRomney the state in November. No reasonable Democrat thinks we have a chance there in 2016.

P.S. The media told us that West Virginia voters were dumb racist rednecks in 2008 when she won in a landslide. Is it still safe to call them that after tonight?
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #154 on: May 10, 2016, 06:40:28 PM »

Wonder if Sanders voters could've gotten away with celebrating the losses in the South?  Hmmm.....

If you check Reddit, you'd see many people thinking their votes shouldn't count because they live in the South. So yes, they do "get away with that", and also get away with much worse.

And didn't you say you hoped SC would "get lynched" for voting for Hillary? Probably not in the best position to throw stones here.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #155 on: May 10, 2016, 06:41:02 PM »

God, Chuck Todd just basically said that most WV Dem primary voters were racist rednecks... I like Todd, but that's disgusting.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #156 on: May 10, 2016, 06:41:15 PM »

It's nothing new.  In other states as well, Democratic primary voters who are happy with Obama's policies vote Clinton.  Those who want more liberal policies vote Sanders.  Those who want more conservative policies also vote Sanders.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #157 on: May 10, 2016, 06:41:40 PM »

Bernie himself diminished her wins in the South and wrote them off since "Democrats aren't going to win those states anyway," so using his same "logic," his win in West Virginia tonight is totally irrelevant because it does nothing considered 1) he isn't going to be the nominee and 2) Trump is going to outRomney the state in November.

They were dumb racist rednecks in 2008 when she won in a landslide. Is it still safe to call them that after tonight?

It's going to be fun to contrast the WV response from the "true progressives" in 2008 with their response tonight...

Disgusting racist hicks -> populist heroes!
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #158 on: May 10, 2016, 06:42:36 PM »

God, Chuck Todd just basically said that most WV Dem primary voters were racist rednecks... I like Todd, but that's disgusting.

The exit poll numbers support this more than anything else... Although i probably wouldn't call them "racist rednecks", just Dixiecrats.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #159 on: May 10, 2016, 06:43:15 PM »

How smug, and you didn't answer the question.

Not that you could, but if you asked people that know me it's long been my position that I'd rather be independent but NJ's primary system made it convenient to stay registered as one.  

Now, I've found enough reason to make it official.  Have you seen my avatar?  It's fairly green.

If you read the blockquote, I wasn't even the person you were replying to. So I have no idea why you posed the question to me.

What is the reason you changed it, if not because Sanders lost?

Anyway, see you back on the D ship in a few years. Wink

Nope.  It's why and how.  

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/seth-abramson/clinton-and-the-dnc-are-not-just-colluding----theyre-changing-the-rules-for-superdelegates_b_9876274.html

Simply, the validation of existing reservations with the party.  And, of course, my former party ditching economic progressivism in favor of turning back to the Clintons for the foreseeable future.  That's a biggie.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #160 on: May 10, 2016, 06:43:33 PM »

Only 59% of the Democratic primary voters self-identify as Democrats.  Clinton won them 50% to 48% for Sanders (according to the exit poll).
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #161 on: May 10, 2016, 06:43:38 PM »

I saw that one coming a mile away (see my previous post). MSNBC cannot help itself but to trash these people. They did the same thing in 2008. "It wasn't a vote for Hillary then, it was a vote AGAINST Obama."
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #162 on: May 10, 2016, 06:44:58 PM »

Not sure if anyone has pointed it out yet, but Bernie Sanders could theoretically get 2/3 of the delegates or so despite only getting 50-55% of the overall vote (this is assuming that none of the protest candidates reach viability).

Scenario #1:
Bernie Sanders 55%
Hillary Clinton 27%
Others 18%

Scenario #2:
Bernie Sanders 50%
Hillary Clinton 25%
Others 25%
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #163 on: May 10, 2016, 06:45:45 PM »

Bernie himself diminished her wins in the South and wrote them off since "Democrats aren't going to win those states anyway," so using his same "logic," his win in West Virginia tonight is totally irrelevant because it does nothing considering 1) he isn't going to be the nominee and 2) Trump is going to outRomney the state in November. No reasonable Democrat thinks we have a chance there in 2016.

P.S. The media told us that West Virginia voters were dumb racist rednecks in 2008 when she won in a landslide. Is it still safe to call them that after tonight?

They are, in not so nice terms.  I just point the blame far away from them.  
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #164 on: May 10, 2016, 06:46:56 PM »

27% of Dem. primary voters want to continue Obama’s policies.  They went:
Clinton 67%
Sanders 32%

27% of Dem. primary voters want more liberal policies.  They went:
Sanders 72%
Clinton 25%

39% of Dem. primary voters want less liberal policies.  They went:
Sanders 62%
Clinton 29%
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #165 on: May 10, 2016, 06:47:23 PM »

If you check Reddit, you'd see many people thinking their votes shouldn't count because they live in the South. So yes, they do "get away with that", and also get away with much worse.

And didn't you say you hoped SC would "get lynched" for voting for Hillary? Probably not in the best position to throw stones here.

My unfortunate comment was that casting a vote for Hillary was akin to self-lynching.  Edge-lording a little too hard that night.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #166 on: May 10, 2016, 06:47:52 PM »

Only 59% of the Democratic primary voters self-identify as Democrats.  Clinton won them 50% to 48% for Sanders (according to the exit poll).

Many Bernie supporters no longer self identify with a party that laundered money to circumvent campaign finance laws for a campaign to attack their candidate in the primary.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #167 on: May 10, 2016, 06:47:56 PM »

Only 59% of the Democratic primary voters self-identify as Democrats.  Clinton won them 50% to 48% for Sanders (according to the exit poll).

Ouch. This is going to be a slaughter, then.

Wait, though: is that a two-way model? I would think there'd be more of a protest presence even there.

If that is correct and assuming I play it fast and loose (assuming the 41% of non-Democrats overlap pretty well with the 42% who want the next President to be less liberal) by combining these three sets of numbers, then it'd look something like 54% Sanders, 41% Clinton, 5% Others.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #168 on: May 10, 2016, 06:50:00 PM »

How smug, and you didn't answer the question.

Not that you could, but if you asked people that know me it's long been my position that I'd rather be independent but NJ's primary system made it convenient to stay registered as one.  

Now, I've found enough reason to make it official.  Have you seen my avatar?  It's fairly green.

If you read the blockquote, I wasn't even the person you were replying to. So I have no idea why you posed the question to me.

What is the reason you changed it, if not because Sanders lost?

Anyway, see you back on the D ship in a few years. Wink

Nope.  It's why and how.  

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/seth-abramson/clinton-and-the-dnc-are-not-just-colluding----theyre-changing-the-rules-for-superdelegates_b_9876274.html

Simply, the validation of existing reservations with the party.  And, of course, my former party ditching economic progressivism in favor of turning back to the Clintons for the foreseeable future.  That's a biggie.

I've never read such a long article that stated absolutely nothing of value. Typical from Seth Abramson, H.A. Goodman's mini-me.

Hillary Clinton will win by hundreds of elected delegates and millions of votes. Superdelegates, as always, will be irrelevant. What exactly is the problem here?
Joe Biden is your president. Deal with it.
diskymike44

« Reply #169 on: May 10, 2016, 06:50:20 PM »

West Virginia is pretty much a terrible state anyway.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #170 on: May 10, 2016, 06:51:08 PM »

If that is correct and assuming I play it fast and loose (assuming the 41% of non-Democrats overlap pretty well with the 42% who want the next President to be less liberal) by combining these three sets of numbers, then it'd look something like 54% Sanders, 41% Clinton, 5% Others.

I already posted the exit poll toplines on the last page (which you can calculate just by doing the math on the male and female %ages):

That leaves 5% for other.  Whether that actually holds up in the real results...we'll see.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #171 on: May 10, 2016, 06:51:44 PM »

Any idea when we should start getting hard results?
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #172 on: May 10, 2016, 06:53:06 PM »

Any idea when we should start getting hard results?

According to Wolf Blitzer, "soon". He did say the same about the missing plane though, so who knows.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #173 on: May 10, 2016, 06:53:53 PM »

I feel like the protest vote might end up being underestimated by the exit. I guess we'll see soon enough.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #174 on: May 10, 2016, 06:54:24 PM »

I already posted the exit poll toplines on the last page (which you can calculate just by doing the math on the male and female %ages):

That leaves 5% for other.  Whether that actually holds up in the real results...we'll see.

Both sets of numbers (the exit poll vs my numbers) are within the margin of error of one another, so I guess there is considerable overlap there. I hadn't yet seen those exit poll numbers when I posted mine.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 20  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies