HAEV Guidlines (Passed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 09, 2024, 10:18:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  HAEV Guidlines (Passed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: HAEV Guidlines (Passed)  (Read 3871 times)
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« on: January 24, 2010, 04:26:30 PM »

I should have to disagree with Antonio's characterisation of these guidelines.

I believe his principal problem relates to the 48 hour clause - this clause does not prevent a succession of quick votes as I think he believes. The 48 hour clause is to prevent the HAEV from holding a vote very quickly after an initial nomination so that any opposing views can be heard. It does not mean that the HAEV must give 48 hours sole consideration to each nomination.

I would interpret the following events as totally acceptable and within the rules

Hour 0 - Voter A nominated
Hour 1 - Voter B nominated
Hour 48 - Voter A vote opened
Hour 50 - Voter A vote closed
Hour 51 - Voter B vote opened
etc.

The key thing here is that 48 hours have passed between the initial nomination and a vote opening.

I agree with Peter on this. The 48 hours ensures that we give a fair hearing, and I don't think it will bog down our actions.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2010, 05:35:09 PM »

To further address Antonio's comments, I don't think the HAEV should be that efficient of a mechanism in the first place. It's intent, in my view, is not to quickly wipe away half of Atlasia, but rather, to carefully evaluate certain users, seek to bring them into the fold, and if that is not possible, remove them from the voter roll.

If I may speak for the other two, that is how we also view it.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2010, 05:39:01 PM »

I think people would agree that even by the most strenuous interpretation of "JCP zombies" in the last election I still would've been comfortably elected. If anything I think the ARC (Populares) would've been hurt worse, but I'm just as leery about weeding them out when those so called "zombies" may wind up being strongly contributing Atlasians in the future.

Hold it right there...

Last election I would have been considered a zombie, Dallasfan would have been considered a zombie, FallenMorgan would have been considered a zombie, etc.

Now none of us are zombies. That is the purpose of the Populares: we are by nature anti-zombie, and our solution is to increase activity, not filter out those who we have a vendetta against.

Looking back, JCP candidates totaled more zombies than Mint did. That's not debatable.

Yeah, don't think so.

You would have been a newbie, and you've obviously had more than ten posts in the past two months (that's in the Atlasia Section).
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2010, 08:12:28 PM »

I think people would agree that even by the most strenuous interpretation of "JCP zombies" in the last election I still would've been comfortably elected. If anything I think the ARC (Populares) would've been hurt worse, but I'm just as leery about weeding them out when those so called "zombies" may wind up being strongly contributing Atlasians in the future.

Hold it right there...

Last election I would have been considered a zombie, Dallasfan would have been considered a zombie, FallenMorgan would have been considered a zombie, etc.

Now none of us are zombies. That is the purpose of the Populares: we are by nature anti-zombie, and our solution is to increase activity, not filter out those who we have a vendetta against.

Looking back, JCP candidates totaled more zombies than Mint did. That's not debatable.

Yeah, don't think so.

You would have been a newbie, and you've obviously had more than ten posts in the past two months (that's in the Atlasia Section).

Not at that time.

What I'm saying is that it would be very obvious that you were a newbie, and we probably wouldn't have even considered removing you. Now, if you stayed nearly inactive for a few months, then we could consider it.

Also, this isn't the time or place for this discussion, and I think the Senate would prefer if we moved it somewhere else. Smiley
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2010, 08:57:51 PM »

MaxQue and Mint. This bills fate is in your hands. Both of you would have to vote for this to pass.

Mr. President, may I respectfully ask that you remind Senators Mint and MaxQure of this vote? The Senate needs to pass these meaningful regulations.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2010, 10:15:53 PM »

Thanks Fritz for changing your vote. I appreciate that you won't obstruct the work of the HAEV despite your oppositions to it.

I'd also like to thank you, Senator. Smiley
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies