2020 Generic Ballot / Recruitment / Fundraising / Ratings Megathread v2
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 05:02:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  2020 Generic Ballot / Recruitment / Fundraising / Ratings Megathread v2
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 86
Author Topic: 2020 Generic Ballot / Recruitment / Fundraising / Ratings Megathread v2  (Read 167165 times)
Lisa's voting Biden
LCameronAL
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.75, S: -3.83

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #200 on: December 05, 2019, 11:01:42 AM »

Mark Walker update:

Running for the senate would be a bad, bad idea.
Storr
Junior Chimp
Moldova, Republic of

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #201 on: December 05, 2019, 11:42:42 AM »

Mark Walker update:

Running for the senate would be a bad, bad idea.
He lives in the new Democratic 6th District, so that may be some of his logic? I'm not sure how much voters in the new 13th (many who are currently represented by Walker) would actually care, though.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #202 on: December 05, 2019, 08:04:41 PM »

Brad Parscale tweeted out an internal poll that showed support for impeachment in OK-05 at 45%. Not sure what he was thinking, but if support is that high in the 5th, not only is the district clearly shifting Democrat but it’s good news for the Democratic majority lol.

Pollsters from both sides of the aisle are roasting him for it.

Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #203 on: December 06, 2019, 02:11:02 AM »

The guy is considered Trump's brain. And boy, does he live up to his reputation.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #204 on: December 06, 2019, 07:23:45 AM »

Yeah, not sure how he thought that poll was good for Trump. 45% in OK-05 for impeachment is pretty damn high.
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #205 on: December 06, 2019, 09:46:11 AM »

Brad Parscale tweeted out an internal poll that showed support for impeachment in OK-05 at 45%. Not sure what he was thinking, but if support is that high in the 5th, not only is the district clearly shifting Democrat but it’s good news for the Democratic majority lol.

Parscale is SUPER salty there's a Dem rep in Oklahoma
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #206 on: December 06, 2019, 10:39:09 AM »

The guy is considered Trump's brain. And boy, does he live up to his reputation.

He's some wannabe mountain man who thinks he is Karl Rove. He's no Karl Rove.
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #207 on: December 06, 2019, 10:47:09 AM »

He's not even Steve Bannon (who was a laughably bad political strategist but one of the only ones to fully understand the modern Republican base).
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #208 on: December 06, 2019, 11:20:33 AM »

He's not even Steve Bannon (who was a laughably bad political strategist but one of the only ones to fully understand the modern Republican base).

He was at least good enough to win the Republicans a decent trifecta and respectable EV win despite losing convincingly at the top of the ticket.
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #209 on: December 06, 2019, 11:25:28 AM »

He was at least good enough to win the Republicans a decent trifecta and respectable EV win despite losing convincingly at the top of the ticket.

I credit Kellyanne Conway - who is and always has been for the most part a very good strategist despite what she is now known for - with that. I trust Bannon played a role, but his disastrous strategy skills I think have only ever been on full display in the 2017 Alabama special election.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #210 on: December 06, 2019, 12:15:18 PM »

I credit Kellyanne Conway - who is and always has been for the most part a very good strategist despite what she is now known for - with that. I trust Bannon played a role, but his disastrous strategy skills I think have only ever been on full display in the 2017 Alabama special election.

OK. Sure. Kellyanne is probably the closest thing then to a Karl Rove the GOP has right now. I mean, maybe she is at the caliber but she lacks the entire supervillian  vibe that Rove or Cheney had. She's just kind of a shill and a jackass.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #211 on: December 06, 2019, 01:09:10 PM »

OK. Sure. Kellyanne is probably the closest thing then to a Karl Rove the GOP has right now. I mean, maybe she is at the caliber but she lacks the entire supervillian  vibe that Rove or Cheney had. She's just kind of a shill and a jackass.

I can't fathom what her domestic life is like. I mean her husband has now started dunking her publicly at twitter.
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #212 on: December 06, 2019, 01:09:54 PM »

it also shows a Democrat down by 7...
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #213 on: December 06, 2019, 01:23:46 PM »

Why poll a generic Democrat when there is already an incumbent running?
slothdem

« Reply #214 on: December 06, 2019, 01:33:25 PM »

If a Generic R is leading a Generic D by 7 in a district that Trump won by 13% then that means the district is trending left fast, the national environment is strongly democratic, or (most likely) a combination of both.
Libertas Vel Mors
Haley/Ryan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: -0.17

« Reply #215 on: December 06, 2019, 03:20:04 PM »

I can't fathom what her domestic life is like. I mean her husband has now started dunking her publicly at twitter.

Imagine being gullible enough to believe that. George Conaway is anti-Trump, but the idea that he and his wife are actually feuding is kinda bs tbh.
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #216 on: December 06, 2019, 03:43:11 PM »

Imagine being gullible enough to believe that. George Conaway is anti-Trump, but the idea that he and his wife are actually feuding is kinda bs tbh.

Kellyanne is incredibly good, obviously, at being whatever she needs to be. I agree she's probably the best strategist the party has right now, yet still nothing compared to Rove (and therein lies the problem for the party, essentially). Jeff Roe definitely has Rove's cunning, but notably lacks his record of success. Corry Bliss is looking like a massive bust as well.

Dems are sort of in a strategist bind as well, many of the ones who thrived in the late Bush/early Obama years have seen their stars fade (many veterans of the field were infamously blacklisted by the national party in the aftermath of 2010) and they are notoriously slower than the GOP to prop up rising stars.
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #217 on: December 06, 2019, 04:02:00 PM »

George and Kellyanne=Carville and Matalin for Millennials and Zoomers.
Gracile
gracile
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -7.65

« Reply #218 on: December 06, 2019, 04:11:12 PM »

Inside Elections released their initial ratings of NC's new congressional districts:

https://insideelections.com/ratings/house/2020-house-ratings-december-6-2019

NC-02: Likely D
NC-06: Likely D
NC-08: Likely R
NC-09: Lean R

Every other seat is either Solid D or Solid R for the party that holds them.
Libertas Vel Mors
Haley/Ryan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: -0.17

« Reply #219 on: December 06, 2019, 04:25:44 PM »

Kellyanne is incredibly good, obviously, at being whatever she needs to be. I agree she's probably the best strategist the party has right now, yet still nothing compared to Rove (and therein lies the problem for the party, essentially). Jeff Roe definitely has Rove's cunning, but notably lacks his record of success. Corry Bliss is looking like a massive bust as well.

Dems are sort of in a strategist bind as well, many of the ones who thrived in the late Bush/early Obama years have seen their stars fade (many veterans of the field were infamously blacklisted by the national party in the aftermath of 2010) and they are notoriously slower than the GOP to prop up rising stars.

Why were they blacklisted?
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #220 on: December 06, 2019, 06:48:51 PM »

Inside Elections released their initial ratings of NC's new congressional districts:

Was this the one who said they put NC-2 and NC-6 as Likely rather than Safe only to keep them on the chart as visible pickups?
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #221 on: December 06, 2019, 07:07:29 PM »
« Edited: December 06, 2019, 07:14:58 PM by Oryxslayer »

Was this the one who said they put NC-2 and NC-6 as Likely rather than Safe only to keep them on the chart as visible pickups?

No, thats Cook. But Inside may have a similar policy.
Gracile
gracile
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #222 on: December 06, 2019, 07:07:56 PM »

No, that was Cook, but I assume IE has a similar policy. Sabato rated both NC-02 and NC-06 as Safe D, though.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #223 on: December 06, 2019, 09:08:53 PM »

I don't believe anything but I can assure you that I'd be very embarrassed if my significant other constantly bashed me and my boss at social media.
Gracile
gracile
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #224 on: December 08, 2019, 09:46:45 AM »

RRH Elections updated their House ratings:

https://rrhelections.com/index.php/2019/12/07/rrh-elections-december-2019-house-ratings/

Moved in favor of Republicans
CA-21: Tossup from Lean D
CA-25: Tossup from Likely D
CA-50: Likely R from Lean R
IL-12: Safe R from Likely R
IN-1: Likely D from Safe D
MI-1: Safe R from Likely R
NY-17: Likely D from Safe D
NY-27: Likely R from Lean R
NC-3: Safe R from Likely R
NC-9: Likely R from Lean R
NC-13: Safe R from Likely R