The Imperial Dominion of the South's Legislature
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 01:57:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Imperial Dominion of the South's Legislature
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 ... 170
Author Topic: The Imperial Dominion of the South's Legislature  (Read 299836 times)
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1800 on: July 14, 2011, 06:19:42 PM »
« edited: July 14, 2011, 06:49:30 PM by Darth Yelnoc »

Now, I believe this vote has run quite a bit over time, so let's finish the voting so that we can move onto the Speakership appointment.

Not my fault I told you all to vote days ago. Chairman Sanchez wants to be speaker but he is on Vacation apparently.
No need to get defensive; nobody is blaming you and I just swore in.  Though you could probably go ahead and close it now that a majority have voted affirmative.
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1801 on: July 14, 2011, 06:37:49 PM »

Now, I believe this vote has run quite a bit over time, so let's finish the voting so that we can move onto the Speakership appointment.

Not my fault I told you all to vote days ago. Chairman Sanchez wants to be speaker but he is on Vacation apparently.
No need to get defensive; nobody is blaming you and I just registered.  Though you could probably go ahead and close it now that a majority have voted affirmative.

I'm sorry I just had a stressful day. I will wait until about 10:00 or so in case Sanchez wants to vote
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1802 on: July 14, 2011, 07:42:55 PM »

Im here, and Im not on vacation to next week Smiley This vacation I will have computer access Smiley

I vote aye on the amendment. Sorry, I wasnt around much today Sad
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1803 on: July 14, 2011, 07:56:55 PM »

Im here, and Im not on vacation to next week Smiley This vacation I will have computer access Smiley

I vote aye on the amendment. Sorry, I wasnt around much today Sad

My bad.

The Act passes 3-0 and is ready for the Emperor
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1804 on: July 14, 2011, 08:25:43 PM »

On The Our Opinions Matter Dag Nabbit! Act: by the powers vested in me as Emperor of this region, I thus sign it into law.

Be it resolved, X Emperor PiT
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1805 on: July 14, 2011, 08:52:22 PM »

Alrighty then.  Sanchez is the only one who has put his name forward.  As an appointee, I'm not about to fight the nomination, so unless Jbrase is looking to pick up a "previous title" for his senate run, I think we can get this over with a quick vote.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1806 on: July 14, 2011, 09:14:13 PM »

Im ready for the vote Wink
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1807 on: July 14, 2011, 10:18:15 PM »

No vote is held if there is no challenger.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1808 on: July 14, 2011, 11:42:32 PM »

I was under the assumption that a vote is held, and that if no challenger arises, the vote would be unanimous,
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1809 on: July 15, 2011, 12:08:05 AM »

I was under the assumption that a vote is held, and that if no challenger arises, the vote would be unanimous,

Historically, we just don't hold a vote in such instances. There's nothing written down that says that, though. Anyway, if Jbrase explicitly says that he does not want to run for Speaker, then I will ask Viceroy tb75 to declare you Speaker.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1810 on: July 15, 2011, 12:14:22 AM »

In the name of speediness, I Jbrase, being of sound mind and body, do hereby officially and explicitly announce that I shall support Sanchez for speaker. The ball is now in your court Mr. Viceroy. Wink
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1811 on: July 15, 2011, 12:22:05 AM »

Herby elected with no opposition, Chairman Sanchez is the speaker
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1812 on: July 15, 2011, 10:30:19 AM »

I thank the honorable Viceroy and Emperor, as well as my friends Yelnoc and Jbrase Smiley
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1813 on: July 15, 2011, 10:56:07 AM »

I suggest that the bill condemning the charges against Tmth be dropped, seeing as the charges themselves were dropped.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1814 on: July 15, 2011, 12:06:19 PM »

I suggest that the bill condemning the charges against Tmth be dropped, seeing as the charges themselves were dropped.
Yeah, I forgot about that since charges were dropped.  I dont want to bring it up for a vote.
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1815 on: July 15, 2011, 02:32:00 PM »

Yeah, I forgot about that since charges were dropped.  I dont want to bring it up for a vote.

I think we should still have a bill that still allows Tmth and Dallasfan to be honory citzens be brought up. They deserve it imo
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1816 on: July 15, 2011, 03:39:05 PM »

I think we should still have a bill that still allows Tmth and Dallasfan to be honory citzens be brought up. They deserve it imo
That they do..anyone want to introduce a revised version? I can do it right now if you all like Smiley
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1817 on: July 15, 2011, 11:13:11 PM »

What did they do to deserve being honorary citizens?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1818 on: July 16, 2011, 03:02:03 PM »

Besides being my friends Wink they were decent as President, and did not intervene in our affairs.
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1819 on: July 16, 2011, 03:26:07 PM »

Besides being my friends Wink they were decent as President, and did not intervene in our affairs.

The two are also good people and have helped the RPP party out here in the south
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1820 on: July 16, 2011, 03:52:21 PM »

The two are also good people and have helped the RPP party out here in the south
Indded.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1821 on: July 16, 2011, 06:57:34 PM »

Eh.  They're both nice guys but they didn't have anything to do with their presidency to make them look bad (other than doing nothing for the paper economy).  They got really lucky that my computer crashed, because I had a few plans to burn some life into the Federal and Regional governments.  And, I'm not part of the RPP and don't like the way the south is becoming a one-party region.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1822 on: July 16, 2011, 09:19:43 PM »
« Edited: July 16, 2011, 09:43:06 PM by Emperor PiT »

Eh.  They're both nice guys but they didn't have anything to do with their presidency to make them look bad (other than doing nothing for the paper economy).  They got really lucky that my computer crashed, because I had a few plans to burn some life into the Federal and Regional governments.  And, I'm not part of the RPP and don't like the way the south is becoming a one-party region.

The IDS has been a one-party region for some time. August 2010 was the last time that any party other than the RPP was a serious presence in an election. Even then, the RPP has been the dominant party since August 2008. In fact, this is the first time since May 2010 that a group other than the RPP has held a majority of the seats, with two independents in the Legislature.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1823 on: July 17, 2011, 11:21:35 AM »

The IDS has been a one-party region for some time. August 2010 was the last time that any party other than the RPP was a serious presence in an election. Even then, the RPP has been the dominant party since August 2008. In fact, this is the first time since May 2010 that a group other than the RPP has held a majority of the seats, with two independents in the Legislature.
Jbrase could be an RPPer, if you go by voting patterns.  AFAIK, Bacon King, TexasGurl, and I are the only active non-conservatives.  BK is federally active and TG is apparently too good to run a campaign for either level.

I feel so lonely Sad

Anyways, this isn't going anywhere.  I think the next item on the agenda is South Sudan.  I support the sentiment, but I'm not sure if it is proper for non-federal governments to involve themselves in foreign affairs.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1824 on: July 17, 2011, 11:40:31 PM »

If it's only a resolution, there's no legal problems. Now it could be a source of difficulty if the federal government chose to support Sudan over South Sudan, but I think there's little chance of that happening.
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 ... 170  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies