The Imperial Dominion of the South's Legislature
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 08:40:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Imperial Dominion of the South's Legislature
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 ... 170
Author Topic: The Imperial Dominion of the South's Legislature  (Read 299859 times)
Mr. Taft Republican
Taft4Prez
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1625 on: May 17, 2011, 10:13:26 PM »

Hey! Unanimous! Awaiting Emperor's signature.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1626 on: May 17, 2011, 10:18:31 PM »

On the 2011 Emergency Tornado Relocation Act: by the powers vested in me as Emperor of this region, I thus sign it into law.

Be it resolved, X Emperor PiT
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1627 on: May 19, 2011, 02:10:45 AM »

I don't think we should move on to another bill now since flood legislation may become necessary in the near future. Briefly discussing an issue raised by Darth Jbrase, he suggested that we issue a request to the Senate to be granted status as an autonomous region. Thoughts on the matter?
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1628 on: May 19, 2011, 12:39:47 PM »

I don't think we should move on to another bill now since flood legislation may become necessary in the near future. Briefly discussing an issue raised by Darth Jbrase, he suggested that we issue a request to the Senate to be granted status as an autonomous region. Thoughts on the matter?

What is an Autonomous Country
Mr. Taft Republican
Taft4Prez
United States

« Reply #1629 on: May 19, 2011, 01:59:09 PM »

I support petitioning the Senate, though our chance of success must be rather dubious Tongue.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1630 on: May 19, 2011, 02:29:49 PM »

An autonomous region is one that is accorded greater control over its own affairs while still being a subnational entity.

I support petitioning the Senate, though our chance of success must be rather dubious Tongue.

My thoughts exactly.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1631 on: May 19, 2011, 03:19:05 PM »

I support near complete automony! I will indeed support any legislation that includes this.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1632 on: May 19, 2011, 03:39:47 PM »

An autonomous region is one that is accorded greater control over its own affairs while still being a subnational entity.
Any specifics you're looking for?  Because the regions seem fairly autonomous as is.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1633 on: May 19, 2011, 06:14:55 PM »

Any specifics you're looking for?  Because the regions seem fairly autonomous as is.

The regions are roughly as autonomous as real-life states. Actually, I'm not sure as to the specifics. It was Jbrase's idea, anyway. Tongue
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1634 on: May 19, 2011, 06:36:02 PM »

The regions are roughly as autonomous as real-life states. Actually, I'm not sure as to the specifics. It was Jbrase's idea, anyway. Tongue
How about including being exempt from the federal income tax? Not receiving some federal services in exchange? Conducting our own election for our federal senate seat, with whatever voting method we chose to use.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1635 on: May 19, 2011, 06:57:12 PM »

Interestingly, giving the regions more control over the process of electing their Senators seems like something that might be happening in the near future anyway. Emphasis on "might", though.
Mr. Taft Republican
Taft4Prez
United States

« Reply #1636 on: May 20, 2011, 01:45:48 PM »

Interestingly, giving the regions more control over the process of electing their Senators seems like something that might be happening in the near future anyway. Emphasis on "might", though.

Well then, let's pave the way if it's coming and be rebels if it's not!
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1637 on: May 20, 2011, 06:12:46 PM »

Well then, let's pave the way if it's coming

Agreed, they very little I've heard sounds like it would be months away if it happend, why not push for it now.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1638 on: May 21, 2011, 09:41:18 AM »

Well then, let's pave the way if it's coming

Agreed, they very little I've heard sounds like it would be months away if it happend, why not push for it now.
Agreed. We clearly can handle most of our affairs.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1639 on: May 24, 2011, 05:02:12 PM »

Congratulations to all Legislators on winning re-election. Now that we are in the 9th Legislature, let's get back to business.

I am thinking that we should act to deal with the damage from the flooding. According to this article abstract, damage costs could reach $9 billion. I don't have a New York Times subscription, so I can't view anymore than that. Thoughts on how to proceed?
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1640 on: May 24, 2011, 06:03:10 PM »

Just as a general note; use real life publications on the tornadoes and flooding damage.  There are no differences between the Atlasian and American natural disasters excepting what action the state (regional) government(s) take.
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1641 on: May 24, 2011, 07:31:58 PM »

If we have enough surplus left, we can give money to the regions with damage. For the un populated regions that are damaged as well as populated regions, we can hire un-employed workers to clean up the mess. it would lower the unemployment rate
Pingvin
Pingvin99
« Reply #1642 on: May 25, 2011, 12:24:42 PM »

I'm gonna run for legisature, but I will be absent from May 28th to late August. Would it be possible to me to run?
Also, I'm pro-autonomy and from RPP.
Can we use National Guard to solve our flood problems??
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1643 on: May 25, 2011, 12:36:23 PM »

I'm gonna run for legisature, but I will be absent from May 28th to late August. Would it be possible to me to run?
Legislative elections are held every other month.  May's election was just held, so the next one is in July and then September.  Executive elections are also held every other month; the next one is this June and then August.  If you will not be here at all between that time, you will have to wait until August or September to run.  Just so you know, candidacies are declared in this thread.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Notice that Emperor PiT (equivalent to the Governor) already deployed the IDS Militia, which serves a similar position to the state guards in the USA.
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1644 on: May 25, 2011, 03:59:06 PM »

This is not the place to announce that you are. Sorry
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1645 on: May 25, 2011, 04:43:25 PM »

We should have plenty of surplus left. I am thinking that we should allot $9 billion to the Tornado and Disaster Management Institution to award in contracts. The idea of employing people to clean up the mess in unpopulated areas is interesting, though I am not sure that it would be easy to qualify or quantify the damage done. What exactly would qualify as a mess in an area that is not inhabited or used by humans?
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1646 on: May 25, 2011, 05:33:17 PM »

We should have plenty of surplus left. I am thinking that we should allot $9 billion to the Tornado and Disaster Management Institution to award in contracts. The idea of employing people to clean up the mess in unpopulated areas is interesting, though I am not sure that it would be easy to qualify or quantify the damage done. What exactly would qualify as a mess in an area that is not inhabited or used by humans?

Land that is abandoned or does not have any house near by could qualify. I saw on CBS news that there is quite a bit of abandoned areas in Louisiana
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1647 on: May 25, 2011, 08:23:30 PM »

Land that is abandoned or does not have any house near by could qualify. I saw on CBS news that there is quite a bit of abandoned areas in Louisiana

My question is what would constitute a mess out there? When there's no property to be damaged or used land to be rendered unusable, it's difficult to set a standard for the amount of flood relief to be given. I would prefer to limit the amount we budget to this problem, in case another disaster arises.
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1648 on: May 25, 2011, 09:14:17 PM »

My question is what would constitute a mess out there? When there's no property to be damaged or used land to be rendered unusable, it's difficult to set a standard for the amount of flood relief to be given. I would prefer to limit the amount we budget to this problem, in case another disaster arises.

We can get the workers to eliminate the debris in the area in case of future use
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1649 on: May 25, 2011, 09:33:07 PM »

It's fine, though I'd suggest not budgeting a huge amount to doing that. We could also use them to clear debris off of used land, since somebody will have to do that too. At any rate, we need to get the other Darths here.
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 ... 170  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies