BREAKING: Appeals court denies Trump administration request to reinstate ban (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 09:06:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  BREAKING: Appeals court denies Trump administration request to reinstate ban (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: BREAKING: Appeals court denies Trump administration request to reinstate ban  (Read 7397 times)
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« on: February 05, 2017, 07:01:39 PM »

Trump saying if anything happens to blame the judges because the terrorists are pouring in now.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2017, 08:09:07 PM »

I highly doubt the Supreme Court would uphold this ruling. It would set a dangerous precedent. You cannot have a judge appointed to a life term overrule an executive decision by the President.

Remember, the national security of America is more important than the emotional security of foreign aliens.

Liberals are on the wrong side of history on this one, big time. 

Lol! That's precisely why the courts were made lifetime appointments and the third branch of government, to check the President and Congress.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2017, 08:12:17 PM »

Yeah, so now it's clearly high time to just ignore the courts and go ahead anyway. Why wait for them if they can't keep up with the times?

If your goal is to witness a constitutional crisis and perhaps push our entire constitutional republic to its edge, then yes, that's a brilliant idea. It also seems like the one Trump is most likely to take in the event the SCTOUS strikes down his Muslim ban.

Since you don't seem to appreciate the purpose and necessity for our system of checks and balances, then I suppose you'd like to see what America would look like with an unchecked executive. I can answer that for you: the executive would have no limits on its authority, as it would then define its own limits without regard for the constitution, and our entire government would functionally collapse as power transfers upwards into the Presidency. That's what's called a dictatorship or authoritarian regime. Is that really what you want?

They care, they just think they're right and would approve of any extreme to implement their agenda. If it was the other side doing the same the outcry would be crazy with lots of calls for "freedom" "revolution" and "the constitution".
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2017, 08:15:25 PM »

The Constitution is extremely clear that the President of the United States has the authority to do these things in the interests of national security.

Period. That isn't debatable. Remember, the Constitution is not an evolving document.

I think it's why they are judges and not you.

They understand law, and you don't. It's simple as that.

Trump is free to ask Congress to pass laws or to start the process for a constituonnal amendment, however.

It's about activist judges trying like mad to find ways around the Constitution. It really seems to me, and maybe I'm not right, I don't know, but it seems to me that liberal judges are always frantic to find ways around the Constitution.

Why?

The respected, Bush appointed conservative Republican judge who was approved 99-0 and was part of the 3-0 ruling said you're wrong.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2017, 10:06:51 AM »

The difference between Carter, Obama, and Trump. Two of them had expert lawyers that could draft lawful EOs.
I thought Obama was an expert lawyer on his own merits.
That's... kind of the point. Trump on the other hand has clearly never even read the Constitution.

I doubt Trump reads in general.

The vast majority of Americans don't read. Popular opinion is that it's "boring" and that people who do read are stupid. Doesn't probably hurt that most people who hold that opinion probably can't read at a high school level.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies