Sanders surrogate brings up Monica Lewinsky in attack on Clinton (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 10:41:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Sanders surrogate brings up Monica Lewinsky in attack on Clinton (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Sanders surrogate brings up Monica Lewinsky in attack on Clinton  (Read 1772 times)
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« on: April 24, 2016, 08:57:05 AM »

clinton's actions w/r/t her husband's long history of rape and abuse are absolutely a relevant issue to her qualifications as president. it's disgraceful that some of you expect people to ignore serious moral failures just because they happen to have been committed by a member of their own party.

But did he actually rape anyone or is this just accusations of a powerful political figure? Personally I don't buy into that crap unless there is proof, or some sort of Cosby-like situation.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2016, 01:06:09 PM »

Come on. What Bill Clinton did would get any CEO in the country canned immediately. Period. As a person in charge and dealing with a young intern, you simply don't put yourself in that position. Most people understand this. And Bill and Hillary would have been more than happy to throw Ms. Lewinsky under the bus and let the press wolves have at her; she would have been ripped to shreds were it not for her being able to produce a particular blue dress. (So apparently what she was saying wasn't crap, because there was proof. Happy now?)

Well, you basically just responded to an assertion I never made. I asked if there was any proof he raped or even assaulted anyone. Ms. Lewinsky has stated many times that the relationship was consensual, even if inappropriate. Other than that, all I see are pretty petty & thin accusations with absolutely zero proof.

Except he was the most powerful man on earth, while she was a lowly intern. Hardly a balanced tango.

Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2016, 05:45:28 PM »

A very important difference, actually. He was a boss, she was his employee. It's still very inappropriate in a professional sense, even though the impeachment circus was nothing short of bulls**t.

That being said, the whole matter is absolutely irrelevant regarding this election. I'm really disappointed Bernie campaign is dodging addressing Dawson's remarks, while Hillary campaign said "thank you, bye" to Ferraro after her 2008 comment.

And, yeah, it was quite dumb politically.

Well, it certainly was inappropriate from my point of view, and I generally don't think bosses should be screwing their subordinates. However, when I say that, I only think it's "wrong" in that I frown on it, but no one should lose their jobs or really get in trouble. At most, move her to another building and give her another position (which, iirc, they did do).

The reason I posted that image/remark is because despite being inappropriate, she is a grown woman. She could have declined his advances, or requested to be moved as stated above, or quit entirely. Hell, she could have went to the press, and with that, she has an enormous amount of power, arguably more than Clinton himself. Instead, she willingly engaged in an affair. She had options, and she instead did something she wanted to do.

But for the record, there are positions I feel differently about. Teacher/student relationships are a no-no for me if it is high school, but mainly for age/maturity-related reasons, among others.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies