Hot Take: Trump’s 1st debate performance cost him the election (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 03:19:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Hot Take: Trump’s 1st debate performance cost him the election (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hot Take: Trump’s 1st debate performance cost him the election  (Read 2717 times)
Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: May 21, 2021, 10:36:17 PM »

It was so close that just about anything could've cost him.
Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2021, 04:27:11 PM »

I will also point out that Romney and Clinton were perceived to have won the 2012 and 2016 debates respectively overall. Where did that get them exactly? I don't think the debate mattered as much as a lot of other little mistakes Trump made. I think Trump could've easily put a lot of the money he put in MN into WI instead for example and while WI by itself wouldn't have won the election for him, it would've given him a more respectable standing.

Trump probably would've easily won re-election had he spread the message.

Trump: "Hey, I know we all dislike staying at home and wearing masks but wearing masks and stopping the spread of the virus is the patriotic thing to do at times like these. The sooner we can end the virus, the sooner restrictions can safely be lifted. Please, do your part to put an end to the virus. Stay at home until your state or local officials say it's okay to leave, socially distance and wear a mask."

If Trump had said something like that early on, he probably would've won but that's my opinion.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies