x (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 04:54:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  x (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: x  (Read 2843 times)
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« on: May 21, 2014, 05:28:25 PM »

Doubtful Republicans will pickup any district Obama won in 2012, but no use arguing with certain elements on this board, who know exactly who they are.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2014, 06:21:52 PM »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

>implying NY Dems didn't sh*t the bed in NY-21

The Republican running doesn't even own property in the state of New York, so that might not be as easy a win as you think it will be, those things actually matter. I still maintain that the only House seats Republicans will pickup are very red ones, but none of us will know until election day.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2014, 06:29:51 PM »

Doubtful Republicans will pickup any district Obama won in 2012, but no use arguing with certain elements on this board, who know exactly who they are.

Obama won FL-13. Democrats are very capable of screwing up seats they should win in.

I was talking about pickups, not seats already held, there is a difference. Believe it or not, in 2012, Republicans didn't defeat a single Democrat in a seat that Obama won. Shocking, I know, but it's not a lie, check the election results.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2014, 07:21:42 PM »

Imagining people with this attitude on Election Day 2014 never fails to make me feel better

President Romney feels the same way.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2014, 07:26:04 PM »

Obama won FL-13. Democrats are very capable of screwing up seats they should win in.

I was talking about pickups, not seats already held, there is a difference.

Vacant seats are vacant seats - especially when there's no incumbent to give any appearances.

Joe Garcia's seat isn't vacant, so that doesn't apply here. Furthermore, the only vacant seats Republicans won in 2012 were Romney ones. Try again.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2014, 07:45:57 PM »

I was talking about pickups, not seats already held, there is a difference.

Vacant seats are vacant seats - especially when there's no incumbent to give any appearances.

Joe Garcia's seat isn't vacant, so that doesn't apply here. Furthermore, the only vacant seats Republicans won in 2012 were Romney ones. Try again.

Stop acting dumb -- Republicans won a vacant seat in a special election in FL-13, even though the district voted for Obama. Republicans also won (for example) the new, vacant seat of CA-21 in 2012 even as, simultaneously, the district voted 55% Obama. Try again.

Imagining people with this attitude on Election Day 2014 never fails to make me feel better

President Romney feels the same way.

wow you definitely got me there

Is it necessary to call people dumb? That's childish. FL-13 was a retention, not a pickup, vacant or not, a party retaining a seat is often easier than picking up a seat. As for CA-21, the Democrat had no money and the DCCC totally wrote the race off, so the Republican was pretty much running unopposed.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies