What's the last movie you've seen?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 04:42:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  What's the last movie you've seen?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 82 83 84 [85] 86 87 88 89 90 ... 212
Author Topic: What's the last movie you've seen?  (Read 633508 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2100 on: November 29, 2008, 04:17:43 PM »

Mr. Bean -- The Holiday

HILARIOUS!!!  Rowan Atkinson, a British actor, trumps a lot of American actors.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #2101 on: November 29, 2008, 04:53:22 PM »

Changeling.

Why does it take Clint Eastwood to do what so many younger directors try to do and epicly fail; simple drama, no pretentious nonsense, no "Doesn't Society Suck" message (Are you Listening Sam Mendes?) just classic American style Drama put to perfection. Probably my favourite American film of the year, yes, that's ahead of No Country and There Will be Blood (I'm talking about Irish Release Dates, before anyone gets bitchy. You know who.)

Because Clint Eastwood is a right wing piece of sh!t, so it's not surprising you would like his horrid trash, especially this "Certified Rotten" as opposed to those >90% on RT movies listed that were released in 2007 (and by the way I consider foreign films to be released by the date of their release in their home country, like IMDB.)
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #2102 on: November 29, 2008, 04:59:16 PM »

Changeling.

Why does it take Clint Eastwood to do what so many younger directors try to do and epicly fail; simple drama, no pretentious nonsense, no "Doesn't Society Suck" message (Are you Listening Sam Mendes?) just classic American style Drama put to perfection. Probably my favourite American film of the year, yes, that's ahead of No Country and There Will be Blood (I'm talking about Irish Release Dates, before anyone gets bitchy. You know who.)

Because Clint Eastwood is a right wing piece of sh!t, so it's not surprising you would like his horrid trash, especially this "Certified Rotten" as opposed to those >90% on RT movies listed that were released in 2007 (and by the way I consider foreign films to be released by the date of their release in their home country, like IMDB.)

Like I care.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2103 on: December 03, 2008, 02:29:55 AM »

WALL-E.

Yes it was awesome. Who would've thought you could get more humanity out of two inanimate mechanical characters than most movies have altogether?
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #2104 on: December 03, 2008, 12:24:33 PM »

Changeling.

I watched this about a week ago. It was better than I had expected. Don't agree with your assesment relative to those other films though. I feel Eastwood is a competent director with interesting stories to tell but he's a bit lacking when it comes to artistic touch in the delivery.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2105 on: December 03, 2008, 07:38:58 PM »

WALL-E.

Yes it was awesome. Who would've thought you could get more humanity out of two inanimate mechanical characters than most movies have altogether?

You liked it? Interesting.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2106 on: December 04, 2008, 01:03:58 AM »

WALL-E.

Why?
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #2107 on: December 04, 2008, 09:57:55 AM »

WALL-E.

There are many things for which one can criticize BRTD, but movies don't tend to fall into that category. Tongue

I'm not too surprised that he recognized the greatness of Wall-E.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #2108 on: December 04, 2008, 11:58:47 AM »

Did anyone get the feeling that 6 mo. after the end of Wall-E, the landing site would look like a concentration camp with emaciated people eating each other?
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #2109 on: December 04, 2008, 12:47:01 PM »

Did anyone get the feeling that 6 mo. after the end of Wall-E, the landing site would look like a concentration camp with emaciated people eating each other?

Did you miss the after-texts with cute pictures of new life getting sowed, etc? Wink
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2110 on: December 04, 2008, 02:37:00 PM »

Charlie Wilson's War - Freaking awesome.  I absolutely loved it, and thought everything was done to perfection.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2111 on: December 04, 2008, 06:40:45 PM »

WALL-E.

Why?

Yoiu've found fit to criticize my movie tastes (or lack thereof) several times.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2112 on: December 05, 2008, 04:23:42 PM »

One of the best movies ever, 12 Angry Men.  Great movie.

Followed by one of the worst, John Waters' Pink Flamingo.   Comically bad.  Disgusting.  I couldn't describe how bad some of the acting was.  In a way, it was "Jackass!" 30 years ahead of it's time.  Maybe a little more gross.  A piss snowcone is pretty bad, but eating dog poo might be over the line.
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #2113 on: December 05, 2008, 05:22:29 PM »

Changeling.

I watched this about a week ago. It was better than I had expected. Don't agree with your assesment relative to those other films though. I feel Eastwood is a competent director with interesting stories to tell but he's a bit lacking when it comes to artistic touch in the delivery.

Actually I do agree with what you said there: Eastwood is good craftsman not an artist. I just preferred the film to the overblown NCOM and TWBB (Though now that I think of it, it isn't the best American film of the year. That would be Man On Wire)
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #2114 on: December 05, 2008, 06:47:02 PM »

Changeling.

Actually I do agree with what you said there: Eastwood is good craftsman not an artist. I just preferred the film to the overblown NCOM and TWBB (Though now that I think of it, it isn't the best American film of the year. That would be Man On Wire)

Haven't seen that one. We're going to have to disagree on the films though. I'd rank both of those other two higher than Changeling.

I am definitely going to watch some more Eastwood-films though. I've only seen this one and Million Dollar Baby as far as directing goes.
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #2115 on: December 05, 2008, 06:54:34 PM »

Changeling.

Haven't seen that one. We're going to have to disagree on the films though. I'd rank both of those other two higher than Changeling.

I am definitely going to watch some more Eastwood-films though. I've only seen this one and Million Dollar Baby as far as directing goes.

Never seen Unforgiven? What Blasphemy is this.... (I'm happy to agree to disagree on the other two btw; I just found them overblown, pretentious and incoherent in the case of TWBB.)
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2116 on: December 05, 2008, 11:35:32 PM »

Romeo and Juliet (1968) - This is how the play should be portrayed on screen.  It's leagues ahead of the 90's crap.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #2117 on: December 06, 2008, 05:24:47 PM »

Changeling.

Never seen Unforgiven? What Blasphemy is this.... (I'm happy to agree to disagree on the other two btw; I just found them overblown, pretentious and incoherent in the case of TWBB.)

I actually have a reasonable excuse: I rented it, but the rental messed up and the DVD inside was something like Bride of Chucky or some other bad horror movie instead.

On TWBB I can sort of get how someone could feel that way. I guess I just "bought" the whole thing and was sucked in. Agree to disagree it is, I guess. Wink
The Populist
Rookie

« Reply #2118 on: December 06, 2008, 08:24:36 PM »

Romeo and Juliet (1968) - This is how the play should be portrayed on screen.  It's leagues ahead of the 90's crap.

A friend of mine showed that in her English class several years ago.  It didn't go so well, due to a certain scene in particular.  Now she shows the 1996 version Tongue
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #2119 on: December 07, 2008, 05:01:04 PM »

A friend of mine showed that in her English class several years ago.  It didn't go so well, due to a certain scene in particular.  Now she shows the 1996 version Tongue

Ok...tell the scene!
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -5.57

« Reply #2120 on: December 07, 2008, 05:03:02 PM »

Ok...tell the scene!
the one with the boob, probably.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #2121 on: December 07, 2008, 06:09:51 PM »

Sophie Scholl: The Final Days

Eagle vs. Shark
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #2122 on: December 07, 2008, 06:16:35 PM »

Ok...tell the scene!
the one with the boob, probably.

Shocked
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2123 on: December 07, 2008, 06:32:17 PM »

Was that any good?
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #2124 on: December 07, 2008, 06:35:06 PM »

It's a strange little film which made me laugh much more than I expected it would. Endearing and funny. Thumbs up from me. Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 82 83 84 [85] 86 87 88 89 90 ... 212  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies