FL PrimR: Survey USA: In shock poll, Cain now tied for the lead in Florida !
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 01:07:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 U.S. Presidential Primary Election Polls
  FL PrimR: Survey USA: In shock poll, Cain now tied for the lead in Florida !
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: FL PrimR: Survey USA: In shock poll, Cain now tied for the lead in Florida !  (Read 4621 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2011, 12:41:38 AM »

Interesting methodology:

This survey was conducted multimode. "Landline" respondents (those with a home telephone) were interviewed using the recorded voice of a professional announcer. Cell phone respondents (33% of likely primary voters) were interviewed one of two ways: by call center employees, who hand-dialed each phone, asked the questions, and remained on the line until the interview was completed; or by SurveyUSA displaying a questionnaire on a cell respondent's smartphone or other electronic device. In this data set, cell respondents and landline respondents vote differently. Among landline respondents, Romney leads Cain by 12 points. Among cell-phone respondents, Cain leads Romney by 17 points and Perry by 19 points. When the 2 populations are proportionally blended, Romney edges Cain by the 27% to 25% margin reported here

I think this is because the 20-50 year old Republicans are likely business owners or white collar workers and therefore much more likely to own a cell phone. On the other hand you have the Olds who own land-lines. That explains the difference. Cain does well with business people and Romney does well with the Olds. Of course it will mostly be the Olds who will vote in the real primary in Florida.
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2011, 05:06:06 AM »

I was more interested in this part:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Is this even a legitimate polling method?
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2011, 08:08:14 AM »

^^^

I've never heard of that method being used before. I wonder how long SUSA has been incorporating that into their polling.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2011, 08:17:33 AM »

The frequency with which Republican primary voters keep picking up and dropping candidates is crazy and I would really love to understand the minds of some of these people. We saw alot of this in 2008 but it was never anywhere this ridiculous.

The saying used to be "Democrats fall in love, Republicans fall in line." Given this year and 2008, what has that saying become now? "Democrats fall in love, Republicans are thoughtlessly promiscuous."?
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2011, 08:21:01 AM »

^^^

I've never heard of that method being used before. I wonder how long SUSA has been incorporating that into their polling.

How exactly is this working ?

Are they sending you a text message with an internet link to their site while you are on the phone with them ?
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.38, S: -0.51

« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2011, 08:29:08 AM »

Perry attacked both the central values and beliefs of the Republican electorate.

Perry opposes structures to to secure the border. and
Perry opposes systems like E-Verify which seek to prevent unintentional employment of illegal aliens, and
Perry supports Amnesty for illegal aliens, and
Perry believes that illegal aliens should be treated better than legal aliens or American citizens, and
Perry believes that college students are "kids," and
Perry believes that anyone who dares disagree with him is "heartless."

Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2011, 10:20:20 AM »

Perry attacked both the central values and beliefs of the Republican electorate.

Perry opposes systems like E-Verify which seek to prevent unintentional employment of illegal aliens, and
Perry believes that illegal aliens should be treated better than legal aliens or American citizens, and

CARL, would you consider voting for Cain?
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2011, 01:22:38 PM »

CARL, would you consider voting for Cain?

He's black, not hispanic, so he might have a shot at the coveted HAYDEN endorsement.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2011, 03:32:55 PM »

I think what he believes is that the people who are covered by things like the DREAM Act were kids when they crossed the border without documentation. Which is true. By definition.

It's sad that one of the few issues Perry is even close to being right on is part of what disqualifies him in the eyes of this fucking party.
nhmagic
azmagic
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.62, S: 4.61

« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2011, 05:06:38 PM »

I think what he believes is that the people who are covered by things like the DREAM Act were kids when they crossed the border without documentation. Which is true. By definition.

It's sad that one of the few issues Perry is even close to being right on is part of what disqualifies him in the eyes of this fucking party.
First, simmer down.  Second, since when were swears allowed on the forum?
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2011, 05:30:06 PM »

Why is this a "shock?" Perry committed suicide, and in the same debate, Cain came across great. This lead could have been anyones with a solid performance, but only Cain rose to the occasion.
You kip if you want to...
change08
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom
« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2011, 05:30:50 PM »

See my sig.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2011, 07:31:22 PM »

First, simmer down.  Second, since when were swears allowed on the forum?

I don't think a ban against swears has ever been enforced. At least it hasn't since I've been here. If a mod informs me otherwise I'll gladly change the post accordingly.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies