Which of these "covid view camps" do you fall into? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 01:35:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Which of these "covid view camps" do you fall into? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: See below for restrictions
Camp 1

Camp 2

Camp 3

Camp 4

Camp 5

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 144

Author Topic: Which of these "covid view camps" do you fall into?  (Read 7932 times)
Thank you for being a friend...
progressive85
Junior Chimp
United States
« on: January 16, 2022, 09:44:38 AM »

Camp 4:

The way to get more people vaccinated is to reach out with a hearts and minds approach, not heavy handed government mandates which fuels resentment, hostility towards Big Government, and opposition to the Biden/Democratic federal trifecta.  Many of the unvaccinated are hardcore conservatives and many are religious - so try and beg and plead with them to listen to people they respect - get a coalition of religious and conservative spokespeople together to ask those to take the precautions necessary to protect themselves.  You aren't going to have a 100-0 or 90-10 vaccination in the United States, but at least get as high as you can and try and contain this bitch as much as possible.  COVID's a vicious killer and must be treated as such...

Let people live their lives as best as they can, and return to the Hand Washing, Social Distancing, and Mask Wearing in crowded public places idea... rather than this "Mask Up" thing - and the passports and all of that excessive restriction.  Make masks a strong encouragement and you will see more people actually wearing them in very crowded places...loosen it for areas that aren't that crowded... allow people to breathe for heavens sake... Boston's a masked city and we never get to see anyone's face anymore.  It's not the way any of us want to live.

There was a quote I remember- stopping us from living isn't stopping us from dying.  I think it came from The Golden Girls, but that show was a bastion of timeless life gems... now all four of them are gone, I know I'm going way off topic here but we can't wear these masks forever.... it's not human, and it's not stopping everyone from dying either.  There's got to be other ways of kicking this COVID in the keester!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies