Which of these "covid view camps" do you fall into? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 04:22:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Which of these "covid view camps" do you fall into? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: See below for restrictions
Camp 1

Camp 2

Camp 3

Camp 4

Camp 5

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 144

Author Topic: Which of these "covid view camps" do you fall into?  (Read 7921 times)
Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« on: January 17, 2022, 08:11:07 AM »

Somewhere between 3 and 4. I don't support government mandates for masks or vaccines, but I strongly support businesses who require masks or proof of vaccination to enter. While it's true that vaccinated people are far less likely to be hospitalized or die of Covid than the unvaccinated, the new strains are still infecting vaccinated people and may be causing long Covid, which we don't have nearly enough data on to truly understand. I don't support remote work or closing schools the way we did in 2020, but more consideration needs to be given to the fact that Omicron is highly transmissible and children are not getting vaccinated at high enough rates to quell some of the fears that schools will become superspreading hotspots. So I don't really know how to tackle the issue of schools--all the options seem to be less than ideal.

Miscellaneous pandemic notes:

I'm fully on board with using social pressure to shame those who can be vaccinated and choose not to be. Now that Biden's vaccine mandate has been largely struck down, the official policy position is that everyone has a right to choose what to do with their body. However, the "free marketplace of ideas" gives me the right to call you a f[inks]ing asshat if you aren't getting vaccinated because Alex Jones told you there's a microchip in them.

I also think all public figures spreading misinformation should be required to reveal their vaccination status. Tucker Carlson should tell his viewers that he is vaccinated.

Also, I'm tired of Dr. Fauci. He should retire and someone else should take his place as chief Covid mouthpiece for this administration. The country is clearly tired of him (except for the resistance libs who have tattoos of bandaids that say "Fauci Ouchie" on them or whatever) and continuing to wheel him out to bicker with Rand Paul is just sad at this point, even if he is obviously correct.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies