Obama-supporting woman from OH says she voted twice and it's OK to do so (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 10:42:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Obama-supporting woman from OH says she voted twice and it's OK to do so (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Obama-supporting woman from OH says she voted twice and it's OK to do so  (Read 2742 times)
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« on: February 09, 2013, 10:08:13 AM »

Great, some cannon fodder for Republicans trying to justify voter suppression... Roll Eyes

Voter suppression to have an ID to prove who you are before you vote? Like how you need some form of an ID to drive, get benefits from your government, get benefits for insurance, leave the country but it's ok to not have to prove who you are to vote?

These IDs could even be given away for free to every citizen. Automatically register everyone to vote when they reach 18 and issue them an ID for free. It would then basically fix the situation and if anyone tried to vote twice it would solve that problem.

But I suspect you and many others will be hollering of "voter suppression" in 2016 when unless another black candidate is nominated by the Dems the black vote will fall by about 20-30% because they just don't care.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2013, 02:31:14 PM »

If it makes you feel better about yourself to call me that go ahead. It's not like it's true or that you (or many others) would believe it's true just by saying that myself so what does it really matter.

These IDs could even be given away for free to every citizen. Automatically register everyone to vote when they reach 18 and issue them an ID for free. It would then basically fix the situation and if anyone tried to vote twice it would solve that problem.

I and most Democrats would happily support this. But the point of Republican voter ID schemes is not to make voting easier, or else they would propose something like this. It's to put up roadblocks for poors, minorities and youngs so that Republicans can more easily win elections.

If it was actually introduced by a Republican I doubt you and many other Dems would support it. The "anything proposed by the other party is horrible" thing is getting really annoying lately.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2013, 08:05:51 PM »

MJ's intellectual dishonesty has reached comical levels.

It's not a new development.

If it makes you feel any better I have never even had a shred of respect for Antonio and completely lost it for Franzl a long time ago. So congrats! Smiley

I and most Democrats would happily support this. But the point of Republican voter ID schemes is not to make voting easier, or else they would propose something like this. It's to put up roadblocks for poors, minorities and youngs so that Republicans can more easily win elections.

If it was actually introduced by a Republican I doubt you and many other Dems would support it. The "anything proposed by the other party is horrible" thing is getting really annoying lately.

So why didn't the Republicans propose that in any of the states where they tried to pass voter ID laws?

Because not all Republicans are the same and just because I support something that would be incredibly expensive to implement and would increase the size of government would guarentee that most fiscal conservatives and those that support small government wouldn't like it either. I on the other hand don't really think there is anything wrong with having a big government as long as we can keep control of the beaurocrats so they can be held accountable, unlike in Europe.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies