Guess the previous poster’s opinion of you
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 05:41:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Guess the previous poster’s opinion of you
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 ... 22
Author Topic: Guess the previous poster’s opinion of you  (Read 9821 times)
THG
TheTarHeelGent
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #350 on: September 11, 2021, 09:38:14 AM »

Neutral. I could see it tilting either way.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #351 on: September 11, 2021, 09:38:33 AM »

No bueno
Boobs
HCP
« Reply #352 on: September 11, 2021, 10:06:33 AM »

Low
THG
TheTarHeelGent
United States

« Reply #353 on: September 11, 2021, 10:56:32 AM »

Not good!
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #354 on: September 11, 2021, 04:49:41 PM »

he correctly Recognizes me for the font of wisdom I am. He is the patawan to my jedi. The grasshopper to my Master Po. I teach, and he learns.

Personally, I think hes a hopeless case, but my penchant for charity knows no bounds.
Gracile
gracile
Moderators
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -7.65

« Reply #355 on: September 11, 2021, 05:04:59 PM »

Negative.
certified hummus supporter 🇵🇸🤝🇺🇸🤝🇺🇦
AverageFoodEnthusiast
Junior Chimp
Virgin Islands, U.S.

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #356 on: September 11, 2021, 05:28:05 PM »

FF?
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #357 on: September 11, 2021, 06:11:27 PM »

At least somewhat positive, most likely.
THG
TheTarHeelGent
United States

« Reply #358 on: September 11, 2021, 11:04:24 PM »

Oh, hates my guts.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #359 on: September 12, 2021, 04:38:36 AM »

Eh always stayed out of the debates with him so it’s hard to tell. Not sure if he’s ever recommended any of my posts. So uh neutral.
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix
E: -8.50, S: -5.74

« Reply #360 on: September 12, 2021, 04:44:52 AM »

Somewhere on the FF spectrum. Might think I should take a chill pill, but I think I'm still overall FF to him.
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #361 on: September 12, 2021, 04:45:55 AM »

literally worships me
certified hummus supporter 🇵🇸🤝🇺🇸🤝🇺🇦
AverageFoodEnthusiast
Junior Chimp
Virgin Islands, U.S.

« Reply #362 on: September 12, 2021, 09:22:10 AM »

FF
_.
Abdullah
United States
P P P
« Reply #363 on: September 12, 2021, 10:26:00 AM »
« Edited: September 12, 2021, 11:50:57 AM by "Global Perspective" »

Unfortunately Neutral after the recent debacle (before that FF)

Probably negative after I decided to go after him for his remark about transphobia.

It's still positive Smiley
Census Bureau of Atlasia work is excellent
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #364 on: September 12, 2021, 11:13:40 AM »

Probably negative after I decided to go after him for his remark about transphobia.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #365 on: September 23, 2021, 03:49:11 PM »

My only problem with Trans Rights Are Human Rights is that (s)he makes everything about transgender rights and never ceases to remind me I oppose some transgender 'rights.' I have no problem with transgenders per se, but I don't like it when they (or any other group, for that matter) are obssessed with the issue (or any other issue, for that matter) and focus solely on it. Therefore, while (s)he may agree with me on some other issues, I would say tilt or lean HP because I do not support transgender rights, although it might just be neutral given that (s)he doesn't seem to exactly dislike me, only my distaste for transgenderism.
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #366 on: September 23, 2021, 05:29:56 PM »

My only problem with Trans Rights Are Human Rights is that (s)he makes everything about transgender rights and never ceases to remind me I oppose some transgender 'rights.' I have no problem with transgenders per se, but I don't like it when they (or any other group, for that matter) are obssessed with the issue (or any other issue, for that matter) and focus solely on it. Therefore, while (s)he may agree with me on some other issues, I would say tilt or lean HP because I do not support transgender rights, although it might just be neutral given that (s)he doesn't seem to exactly dislike me, only my distaste for transgenderism.
Sorry, I get very passionate about things that are very important to me, and trans rights are very important to me, hence the screen name. (Also, you don't need to add parentheses around the s in she. I told TarHeelGent and I'll tell you: I am who I say I am.)

Net negative for the reason he said above.
If my soul was made of stone
discovolante
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.13, S: -5.57

« Reply #367 on: September 23, 2021, 05:39:12 PM »

My only problem with MLK is that he makes everything about civil rights and never ceases to remind me I oppose some civil 'rights.' I have no problem with Black people per se, but I don't like it when they (or any other group, for that matter) are obssessed with the issue (or any other issue, for that matter) and focus solely on it. Therefore, while he may agree with me on some other issues, I would say tilt or lean HP because I do not support civil rights, although it might just be neutral given that (he doesn't seem to exactly dislike me, only my taste for segregation.

[skip]
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #368 on: September 23, 2021, 05:47:12 PM »

I imagine Peebs has a positive opinion of me.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #369 on: September 23, 2021, 05:53:26 PM »

Somewhat positive
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #370 on: September 23, 2021, 05:55:58 PM »

LOL
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #371 on: September 23, 2021, 06:19:12 PM »

Sorry, I get very passionate about things that are very important to me, and trans rights are very important to me, hence the screen name. (Also, you don't need to add parentheses around the s in she. I told TarHeelGent and I'll tell you: I am who I say I am.)

Net negative for the reason he said above.

Well, my opinion of you isn't exactly negative. We disagree on some issues (clearly, we disagree on transgender rights), and I dislike some of the things you do (such as being obssessed with transgender rights), but I don't think I'd go so far as to say my overall opinion of you is negative. You are principled in what you believe and are still polite and reasonable most of the time. Perhaps I should elaborate: my real problem with you isn't even that you're passionate about transgender rights - it's good to be passionate about issues - but that you are 'woke' and overly sensitive. For instance, when I called trans people 'transgenders' in a moment of indiscretion, unaware of any difference between the two terms, you called me out for being 'insulting' toward transgender people. Overall, though, no, my opinion of you is probably neutral, not negative. I have a negative opinion of few people on this forum. Also, it's understandable that you want to be called she without the parantheses. I will keep that in mind and will in the future refer to you as she. When I called you '(s)he' in the previous post, I quite honestly didn't mean any offense, but if you were offended, I apologize and will omit the parantheses next time.

My only problem with MLK is that he makes everything about civil rights and never ceases to remind me I oppose some civil 'rights.' I have no problem with Black people per se, but I don't like it when they (or any other group, for that matter) are obssessed with the issue (or any other issue, for that matter) and focus solely on it. Therefore, while he may agree with me on some other issues, I would say tilt or lean HP because I do not support civil rights, although it might just be neutral given that (he doesn't seem to exactly dislike me, only my taste for segregation.

[skip]
Your opinion of me is quite obviously HP.

I think Trans Rights for Human Rights would laugh at the notion that she (I dropped the parantheses in respect for what she said she prefers) is the MLK of transgender rights. I am somewhat offended at being compared to segregationists, but the way you just change a few words to show me my hypocrisy and how I am the equivalent of a segregationist in some ways is quite artful, and gets your point across quite clearly. But let me say that while I oppose some rights for transgender people, I support many others. My opposition is really just that I am uncomfortable with transgender people. Personally, what I think is that if I or THG or anyone else on this forum or in this nation or in the world is uncomfortable with transgender rights or LGBT rights, others should try to convince them otherwise, but if they remain uncomfortable on the matter, that's all right. Their uncomfortableness is understandable, and should be respected (though not necessarily agreed with), as long as this uncomfortableness does not translate into hate, bigotry or them actively working against that group. I'm not against transgender rights the way segregationists like Strom Thurmond were against civil rights at all. If you notice, when Trans Rights for Human Rights asked me to call her 'she' without the parentheses around the s, I respected it, and remain mindful of it. Returning to my stance on trans issues, let me be specific. If I opposed transgender people serving in the military and serving their country just because they are transgender (the way segregationists opposed African-Americans serving in the military for a while), I'd be the equivalent of a segregationist. Rather, I support transgenders serving openly in the military and facing no discrimination. If someone is patriotic enough to be willing to die for their country their country should never stop them unless they have a very good reason. If I opposed transgender people from adopting children, simply because they are transgender, I'd be a bigot. But I don't. Transgenders (and gays and lesbians as well, for that matter) are as good parents as non-trans people, and their transgenderness doesn't make them less capable as parents, necessarily. Really, there are only some transgender rights I oppose, and in many cases, I oppose the equivalent for gays as well, despite being a fervent supporter of gay rights. For instance churches should be allowed to disallow transgender people if it goes against their belief, and people who have religious or personal objections to transgenders should be allowed to hold them. The exact same is true for gay people, too. A church opposed to gay rights shouldn't be forced to marry two men; an anti-gay person should be allowed to refuse the sale of a wedding cake to gay people. Not saying I support their belief; I support their right to do what they want and hold what beliefs they want as long as they aren't actually physically or emotionally hurting that group. It is a complicated concept, admittedly, but the bottom line is that I don't oppose these rights for transgender people specifically or just because they are transgender, but because of a larger issue. I oppose certain other transgender 'rights' as well. The point I'm making is that you should really not call me a segregationist; the points above support that argument. I don't appreciate the label, and honestly don't think it's valid, given that I am not actively anti-trans the way segregationists were constantly attempting to physically or otherwise hurt African-Americans. By comparing me to segregationists you are minimizing how terrible segregationists were and you are minimizing or undermining the whole Civil Rights Movement.

I don't think he knows me well at all. I'll go with neutral or maybe FF.
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #372 on: September 23, 2021, 06:44:29 PM »

For instance, when I called trans people 'transgenders' in a moment of indiscretion, unaware of any difference between the two terms, you called me out for being 'insulting' toward transgender people.

Source: Capcom
Businesses should be allowed to deny transgenders jobs, at least if they have personal beliefs that are against transgenders.

Where in this meme does it state that I considered you to be "insulting" toward trans people?
(skip)
THG
TheTarHeelGent
United States

« Reply #373 on: September 23, 2021, 07:12:54 PM »

Doesn’t like me.
Big Abraham
Junior Chimp
« Reply #374 on: September 23, 2021, 07:19:23 PM »

I know he doesn’t like my views