WaPo/ABC National: Trump +2, Clinton +2 w/ Romney (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 09, 2024, 05:25:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  WaPo/ABC National: Trump +2, Clinton +2 w/ Romney (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: WaPo/ABC National: Trump +2, Clinton +2 w/ Romney  (Read 2869 times)
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« on: May 22, 2016, 12:07:13 AM »

Why are people lighting their hair on fire over polls in May? If we go by polls in May, Jimmy Carter was coasting to a landslide in 1976 and relatively easy reelection in 1980. Obviously, everyone in May 1988 knew Michael Dukakis was heading towards a landslide victory after eight years of Republican rule. And, of course, GWHB and Ross Perot were locked in a tight battle with little known Arkansas Governor Bill Clinton in third place.

Let's step back and look at the facts here. Polling is really all over the place right now. The Republican primaries are over and Republicans are largely rallying to their nominee. The Democratic primary is still being heavily contested. I can't say I like polls like these, but I'm not worried right now. The point at which I'll be very concerned with polling like this is after Labor Day.
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2016, 02:03:11 AM »

Are you really that anti-Clinton that you're cheering on Trump?

Like most of the BernieOrBust numbskulls, jfern and his other progressive masqueraders would vote for a serial murderer/rapist/pedophile over Hillary.

Well we're not voting for Bill Clinton, who has been accused of rape, and took many plane flights with a pedophile.

Wow. I respect and like Bernie and he's one of my favourite US Senators, but I think you're an insult to everything he believes. If you haven't already, I'm sure within a few years you'll be calling President Obama one of the worst war criminals in American history. Not that you care, but President Clinton gave us two outstanding Supreme Court Justices (including the truly amazing Ruth Bader Ginsburg) that have worked hard to preserve human rights and equality (and now support ruling the death penalty itself unconstitutional). Your hatred of the Clintons blinds you to the fact that we have the potential to have five liberals on the Supreme Court for the first time in 45 years.

I think it's quite clear right now that Hillary wants to nominate a different Supreme Court Justice as opposed to President Obama's compromise choice. If she is elected, she is going to want to nominate someone of her own choosing. I realize I may be speaking to a wall here, but would it make any difference to you if she was willing to nominate someone like Goodwin Liu (or he himself)?

I will say that I'm glad that the average Bernie Sanders supporter is more interested in keeping Donald Trump out of the White House than keeping Hillary Clinton out. As for those on the left that believe the latter, I tune them out and keep them blocked whenever possible. If that is you, I'd prefer to know now.
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2016, 05:38:15 AM »

Are you really that anti-Clinton that you're cheering on Trump?

Like most of the BernieOrBust numbskulls, jfern and his other progressive masqueraders would vote for a serial murderer/rapist/pedophile over Hillary.

Well we're not voting for Bill Clinton, who has been accused of rape, and took many plane flights with a pedophile.

You. Need. Help.

I think it's quite apparent that any criticism like you've made means you'll be ignored. I recommend you use the ignore button, as I've now done (the first time I used it was only the result of being terrible right-wing hack, although I suppose essentially enabling a right-wing lunatic isn't too different).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies