Where have all the letters gone ?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 09:47:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Where have all the letters gone ?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Where have all the letters gone ?  (Read 2308 times)
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2011, 05:02:12 PM »

I think they're funny. But they get ruined really easily. Some people need to learn2english.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2011, 05:06:16 PM »

I think they're funny. But they get ruined really easily. Some people need to learn2english.

Coincidentally, the title of this thread is also improperly worded.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2011, 05:12:40 PM »

True, but it's not Antonion that usually ruins the letters.....think Polska Kielbasa Wink
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2011, 05:53:21 PM »

To be honest, I didn't know it was that old.  I don't remember seeing it during the campaign, and didn't check the timestamp (although it did strike me as a bit odd that it was that long already).

So, to answer your original question, it's because I didn't see it - I can't speak for Mikado, but that was the first I noticed it.

*facepalm*

So you guys really want to ban every post that has "sexually explicit" content ? That will probably take your entire life...
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2011, 07:50:44 PM »
« Edited: July 23, 2011, 04:00:47 PM by Eraserhead »

Put all of the letters in one thread and do them one at a time that way they don't take up the whole first page.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2011, 07:54:27 PM »

I didn't delete any of them, speaking for myself.

I've been severely tempted in the case of the one to Rochambeau's parents, but I didn't touch it.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2011, 09:36:39 PM »

Maybe because they were generally extremely sexist, quite disgusting (reflecting far worse on the forum than "f**k" uncensored, that's for sure), and about as funny as an episode of South Park?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2011, 11:34:05 PM »

To be honest, I didn't know it was that old.  I don't remember seeing it during the campaign, and didn't check the timestamp (although it did strike me as a bit odd that it was that long already).

So, to answer your original question, it's because I didn't see it - I can't speak for Mikado, but that was the first I noticed it.

*facepalm*

So you guys really want to ban every post that has "sexually explicit" content ? That will probably take your entire life...

No - and we've been a bit laxed.  But that thread was way over the line.  However, if you really want to complain about me not enforcing the letter of the law every time, I'll be happy to oblige you and start deleting any and all sexually oriented content.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2011, 11:35:02 PM »

I didn't delete any of them, speaking for myself.

I've been severely tempted in the case of the one to Rochambeau's parents, but I didn't touch it.

So there you have it... 2 people either deleted their own, or Dave Leip or Nym did.  But, Nym hasn't said anything, so I doubt it was him.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2011, 11:37:48 PM »

True, but it's not Antonion that usually ruins the letters.....think Polska Kielbasa Wink

Well, the bad grammar isn't as bad a Jr. High using "boner" in his post every single time.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2011, 11:53:32 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

For a forum filled with testosterone?  Off to the priesthood with all of you!  Oh, wait a minute ... Tongue

It's a losing battle Inks against human nature. Smiley

On a more serious note, if I were a mod, the test would be would I be embarrassed if folks whose regard means anything, would read whatever.  Was it in good fun, and reasonably decorous, or just skipping the foreplay?

BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2011, 11:56:10 PM »

People, those letters were disgusting. They would probably be frowned up on 4chan. If we can't say "f**k" uncensored it's kind of ridiculous that we can post garbage that read like some misogynistic twist on Penthouse Letters. Above all, they weren't the slightest bit funny. Of all the battles to fight, this one isn't worth it.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2011, 12:02:43 AM »

People, those letters were disgusting. They would probably be frowned up on 4chan. If we can't say "f**k" uncensored it's kind of ridiculous that we can post garbage that read like some misogynistic twist on Penthouse Letters. Above all, they weren't the slightest bit funny. Of all the battles to fight, this one isn't worth it.

This rather sensitive/acute antennae for misogynistic activity fueled with some considerable
psychic energy, is a side of you of which I was previously unaware BRTD. Developing ...
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2011, 12:07:25 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

For a forum filled with testosterone?  Off to the priesthood with all of you!  Oh, wait a minute ... Tongue

It's a losing battle Inks against human nature. Smiley

On a more serious note, if I were a mod, the test would be would I be embarrassed if folks whose regard means anything, would read whatever.  Was it in good fun, and reasonably decorous, or just skipping the foreplay?

My intent is certainly NOT to ban any sexually oriented content whatsoever.  My point was that if people are going to complain about it when I do, using the argument that then I should be deleting everything sexual, I'm going to end up crossing over to the ultra conservative moderating rather than laxed moderating.

Me and Mikado have given people a big break with a lot of stuff... if people just complain about the breaks we give, I have no problem cracking down.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2011, 12:08:11 AM »

And as for would I be embarrased by those threads - absolutely.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2011, 12:11:35 AM »

Inks has been quite the killjoy in the Hot Girls thread before and certainly deserves criticism for many of his actions, but there's a large difference between that and deleting stuff that reads like misogynistic fantasies straight out of some strange corner of 4chan, or just dumb teenagers posting random stuff, not much of a difference. Granted dumb teenagers are much less heinous than actual misogynists, and that's no doubt what we had on hand here, but that doesn't mean that the forum needs to be the host for disgusting and incredibly unfunny garbage.

And as for would I be embarrased by those threads - absolutely.

I think it'd be quite a bit disturbing if you weren't...
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #41 on: July 21, 2011, 12:13:28 AM »

I have never deleted anything from the Hot Girls thread that wouldn't land you a PG-13 rating.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #42 on: July 21, 2011, 12:17:13 AM »

I have never deleted anything from the Hot Girls thread that wouldn't land you a PG-13 rating.

I honestly think we've been pretty lenient on that thread and the Hot Guys thread (Inks, remember "Spot the testicle?").  Human female nipples aren't really acceptable on a forum with as wide-ranging an age-range as this one looks to meet (despite my opinion that it is a totally ridiculous taboo, it exists).
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #43 on: July 21, 2011, 12:25:09 AM »

Haha, you slay me.  Isn't it about time of the night that you post 2 Live Crew songs?
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #44 on: July 22, 2011, 05:24:07 AM »

I missed the misogynism. What was it about?
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies