Who Will The Republicans Look to in 2012 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 10:45:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Who Will The Republicans Look to in 2012 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Who Will The Republicans Look to in 2012  (Read 22310 times)
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« on: October 12, 2008, 05:20:50 PM »

I'm going to be different and say Dino Rossi. Well, if he manages to beat Gregoire that is. If not then forget about him.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2008, 06:08:06 PM »
« Edited: October 12, 2008, 06:10:19 PM by bgwah »

I'm going to be different and say Dino Rossi. Well, if he manages to beat Gregoire that is. If not then forget about him.

Is Dino a first tier brain? Does he have the right stuff for the major leagues?  Just asking.

I don't know. Gregoire's campaigns have been pretty awful. Still, WA Governor is the only possible major pick-up (Governor and Senator) the Republicans could have this year. If Rossi wins I fail to see how he won't be noticed because of this.

I'll also say he's good at appealing to formerly Republican suburbs that have been trending Democrat recently, while still making far right-wingers happy. The Republicans already don't have a chance in the cities, and if McCain loses a lot of traditionally Republican suburbs to Obama, this will be another factor the GOP will want to consider.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2008, 06:22:28 PM »

I am going to agree with bgwah and say Rossi. He has a good shot of winning

I just hope that it doesn't look like McCain is getting hammered because many Republican voters may stay home in WA.

Ha! No way. They love Rossi more than McCain. Way more. If anything McCain will get reverse coattails from Rossi.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2008, 01:43:57 PM »

He's talking about Dino Rossi. Hell, we were talking about it in this very thread. Sheesh. Tongue
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies