NY: Rasmussen: Gillibrand still far ahead of Republican challengers
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 04:34:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2010 Elections
  2010 Senatorial Election Polls
  NY: Rasmussen: Gillibrand still far ahead of Republican challengers
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NY: Rasmussen: Gillibrand still far ahead of Republican challengers  (Read 1698 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 03, 2010, 02:25:14 PM »

New Poll: New York Senator (Special) by Rasmussen on 2010-08-01

Summary: D: 48%, R: 34%, I: 4%, U: 14%

Poll Source URL: Full Poll Details

Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2010, 03:24:47 PM »

Obama is still at 57% here according to this poll... even Paterson is at a healthy 43% (well, healthy by his standards). Republicans are as doomed as ever in the Empire State. It's a shame that the rest of the country isn't following our lead. Tongue
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2010, 03:43:36 PM »

Now more than ever:

CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2010, 04:12:19 PM »

Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2010, 04:14:37 PM »

I'm sort of surprised she's under fifty only three months until the election.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2010, 04:16:23 PM »

Not this crap again. If you actually knew me, you'd know I'm not a partisan hack for any party, but the current nature of the GOP effectively precludes me from supporting them unless their candidate is somewhat centrist/old-type liberal Republican.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2010, 04:28:59 PM »

I'm sort of surprised she's under fifty only three months until the election.

She's still basically an unknown quantity to a lot of people here, honestly... and I live in her old CD!
timmer123
Rookie

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2010, 11:10:42 PM »

Obama is still at 57% here according to this poll... even Paterson is at a healthy 43% (well, healthy by his standards). Republicans are as doomed as ever in the Empire State. It's a shame that the rest of the country isn't following our lead. Tongue

Wow I can't believe you even had the audacity to type that.  Follow New York's lead of absolute mismanagement of state government?  A budget in shambles?  Sleezy politicians one after another?  Yeah, let's follow moronic New York's example.  The fact that it is the location of key financial centers that will never move is all that keeps NY afloat.

Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2010, 08:14:49 AM »

Wow I can't believe you even had the audacity to type that.  Follow New York's lead of absolute mismanagement of state government?  A budget in shambles?  Sleezy politicians one after another?  Yeah, let's follow moronic New York's example.  The fact that it is the location of key financial centers that will never move is all that keeps NY afloat.

Did you ever consider that not all people share your views on politics?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2010, 01:21:27 PM »

Every state is already like that.  That's not a unique characteristic of New York.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2010, 01:39:28 PM »

Wow I can't believe you even had the audacity to type that.  Follow New York's lead of absolute mismanagement of state government?  A budget in shambles?  Sleezy politicians one after another?  Yeah, let's follow moronic New York's example.  The fact that it is the location of key financial centers that will never move is all that keeps NY afloat.

ZOMG sleezy politicians! Because Maryland and every other state doesn't have any of those, right? And no other states are currently having budget issues, correct? The fact of the matter is that most people here are doing alright. There understandably isn't any interest in turning things over to the opposition.

Would you want this guy in charge of your state government?
http://www.paladinoforthepeople.com/
timmer123
Rookie

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2010, 09:53:24 PM »

Did you ever consider that not all people share your views on politics?

New York's fiscal nightmare is not a "political view" of mine, it's a fact.

And no, not all states are in the dire straits of New York, Illinois, California.
Many states are doing just fine.

As for the sleezy politicians I refer to Eliot Spitzer and David Patterson, both of whom were absolute disasters.  They were flagrantly out of it.  I can't stand Martin O'Malley and couldn't disagree with him more on policy, but he is not corrupt.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2010, 03:40:39 AM »

I noticed that you didn't answer my question.
You kip if you want to...
change08
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2010, 11:09:02 AM »

I'm glad she's ahead. Gillibrand, in my opinion, is probably one of the most underrated freshmen senators.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2010, 11:36:38 AM »

Wow I can't believe you even had the audacity to type that.  Follow New York's lead of absolute mismanagement of state government?  A budget in shambles?  Sleezy politicians one after another?  Yeah, let's follow moronic New York's example. 
It's not as if America needed an example to follow if it wanted to follow on that course...
Zarn
YaBB God

« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2010, 08:59:59 AM »

I do not think those numbers are that impressive, considering state and opponents.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies