YouGov: Most Democrats don't want Sanders to run again (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 01:53:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  YouGov: Most Democrats don't want Sanders to run again (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: YouGov: Most Democrats don't want Sanders to run again  (Read 1841 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« on: September 19, 2017, 06:47:46 PM »

Is there any Democrat in the country where a majority of Democratic voters want them to run? I doubt anyone could crack 50%.

Barack Obama.

If nothing else, the 22nd amendment should keep that under 50%.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2017, 10:13:50 PM »

I mean I don't want him to run again due to age reasons and the fact that I'd want someone who kind of fits in that ideological axis but is younger,  but I'd support him 100% if he did. I assume a lot of people think the same way.

The thing is, Sanders' ideological wing of the party will probably be as divided as the Clinton faction. Warren, Franken, Brown, Merkley, Murphy, and even Harris would all be able to rip some parts of the coalition that gave Sanders 43% of the primary last year. All of those people are younger than him, so I don't know what decision you'd make if he isn't the only candidate that occupies the space in the Democratic Party that suits you. I'm sure this is a dilemma a lot of people with similar views as you will face.

Bernie really needs to run so that the only progressive candidate isn't someone the media completely ignores while having to raise a ton of money to compete in California and all of the extra states that decide to go early.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies