German Election Results Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 09:38:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  German Election Results Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: German Election Results Thread  (Read 118533 times)
DL
Canada

« on: September 27, 2009, 11:16:20 AM »

Let's hold our horses until actual votes have been counted. I seem to recall that in the last couple German election, the exit poll projections were saying it would be a big night for the CDU/FDP and then when the votes were counted that advantage melted away.

Incidentally, it looks like FDP gained a lot of ground today. What is the explanation for that? Is it just reaping the benefit of being in opposition to a grand coalition or has there been some sudden growth in yearning for deregulation and tax cuts in Germany (ie: all the policies that have led the world economy down the garden path esp. in the US)
DL
Canada

« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2009, 11:19:55 AM »

I'm talking about exit polls. Remember how Stoiber declared himself the winner of the election based on exit polls and then as the votes were counted he had to withdraw his declaration?
DL
Canada

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2009, 11:52:24 AM »

I've noticed that in Europe parties that the junior partners in coalitions tend to lose a lot of support in subsequent elections. The FDP tended to barely clear the 5% hurdle when it was in government with the CDU and we also see in the Netherlands that the D-66 tends to get wiped off the map every time they are part of the governing coalition and then they make a big comeback when they are in opposition.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies