Politico: Clinton May Delay Campaign Launch Until Summer (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 02:07:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Politico: Clinton May Delay Campaign Launch Until Summer (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Politico: Clinton May Delay Campaign Launch Until Summer  (Read 4401 times)
Mister Mets
YaBB God
United States

« on: January 29, 2015, 07:39:33 AM »

“Hillary Clinton, expecting no major challenge for the Democratic nomination, is strongly considering delaying the formal launch of her presidential campaign until July, three months later than originally planned,” Politico reports.

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/01/exclusive-hillary-clinton-may-delay-campaign-114714.html#ixzz3QD7w1xoe

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Thoughts?
Mister Mets
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2015, 09:27:25 AM »

The flap over vaccines shows an advantage for Hillary in waiting.

If she's not officially campaigning, she can keep a lighter schedule, and avoid media questions that could lead to bad news cycles. She can address controversies on her own terms when there's a better understanding of the right answer.

It's much better to tweet something than to be asked if her position on vaccines is the same as it was during the 2008 campaign.
Mister Mets
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2015, 01:25:31 PM »

I wonder if a delay allows an opening for a potential rival.

A Cory Booker could get a lot of free media by announcing an exploratory committee, and hint that she's staying out of the race due to medical concerns.

And if she makes any missteps later, that could provide credene to that narrative.
Mister Mets
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2015, 10:24:52 AM »

A Cory Booker could get a lot of free media by announcing an exploratory committee, and hint that she's staying out of the race due to medical concerns.

And if she makes any missteps later, that could provide credene to that narrative.

To quote Megyn Kelly:

"Is this stuff you tell yourself as a Republican to feel better, or is this really what you think?"
It's a possibility rather than a certainty, or even something that is more probable than not.

Although I would probably feel better about Democrats if they at least considered alternatives given Hillary's glaring character flaws.
Mister Mets
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2015, 09:22:15 AM »

To quote Megyn Kelly:

"Is this stuff you tell yourself as a Republican to feel better, or is this really what you think?"
It's a possibility rather than a certainty, or even something that is more probable than not.

Although I would probably feel better about Democrats if they at least considered alternatives given Hillary's glaring character flaws.

More likely than not? Not only has Booker already ruled out running, he's been in the Senate for like a year.
I didn't say it was 50/50, Nor is it dependent on Booker running.

To quote Megyn Kelly:

More likely than not? Not only has Booker already ruled out running, he's been in the Senate for like a year.

You're right, Hillary has nothing to worry about from black men who haven't even served a full term in the US Senate.
Obama had three advantages Booker did not: A beautiful family, The milestone of being first, and proximity to Iowa.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies