Normington Petts/End Citizens United (D): Clinton +10 (2-way) Clinton +8 (4-way)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2024, 05:17:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  Normington Petts/End Citizens United (D): Clinton +10 (2-way) Clinton +8 (4-way)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Normington Petts/End Citizens United (D): Clinton +10 (2-way) Clinton +8 (4-way)  (Read 1610 times)
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 19, 2016, 07:55:53 AM »

Link

2-Way:
Clinton 50%
Trump: 40%

4-Way:
Clinton: 45%
Trump: 37%
Johnson: 8%
Stein: 4%

Congressional Ballot:
Democrats: 48%
Republicans: 41%

Its commissioned by a liberal activism group, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2016, 07:57:53 AM »

Probably can cut those margins by 25-33% and you get a decent number.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2016, 08:27:31 AM »

Dem internals were among the most accurate polls of 2012, so I wouldn't dismiss them as extremely slanted towards Clinton.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2016, 08:32:11 AM »

Nevertheless, these numbers are not just pretty good for Hillary, they give me hope for Congress.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2016, 08:38:52 AM »

Wow!!! Great poll.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2016, 08:56:27 AM »

LOLz, the best an advocacy group can do with a D+8 sample. I might as well show you the complete junk poll from "US Daily Wire" that shows Trump up 6 while I am at it.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2016, 09:19:45 AM »

Yes this poll that is in line with the polling averages is definitely comparable to the literally made-up poll that is a double-digit outlier. Your critical thinking abilities continue to impress.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2016, 09:22:03 AM »

538 took 2 points off Clinton's margin for the polls-plus, 0 points for the polls only, and 1 point off for the now cast, seems about right.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2016, 09:38:06 AM »

Yes this poll that is in line with the polling averages is definitely comparable to the literally made-up poll that is a double-digit outlier. Your critical thinking abilities continue to impress.
This hack poll is not in line with the polling over the past two weeks.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2016, 09:39:17 AM »

Good point!
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2016, 09:42:29 AM »

lol the current Pollster average is +8, literally identical to this poll Roll Eyes
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2016, 09:44:14 AM »

lol the current Pollster average is +8, literally identical to this poll Roll Eyes

Pollster is part of the vast lieberal conspiracy?!? Didn't you know that?Huh
Fusionmunster

« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2016, 09:47:31 AM »

Yes it is. Polling dictates that if this is a +6 to +8 race for Clinton, some polls will show a closer race than the average and some polls will show Clinton with a larger lead than the average. Thats why we use polling aggregates.
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2016, 10:24:03 AM »

538 took 2 points off Clinton's margin for the polls-plus, 0 points for the polls only, and 1 point off for the now cast, seems about right.
538 gave it slightly less weight than to last Zogby poll Evil
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2016, 10:46:06 AM »

Good news, especially when there's really no telling how much Hillary's organizational advantage is worth.
Boston Bread
New Canadaland
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -5.00, S: -5.00

« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2016, 10:48:37 AM »

I have to say, it must be a little embarrassing for Clinton that she's barely outperforming Generic D vs Generic R.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2016, 10:52:32 AM »

Yes it is. Polling dictates that if this is a +6 to +8 race for Clinton, some polls will show a closer race than the average and some polls will show Clinton with a larger lead than the average. Thats why we use polling aggregates.
Except it doesn't. But you believe the narrative you want to believe and cling onto those LV polls from Early August.
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2016, 10:55:47 AM »

I have to say, it must be a little embarrassing for Clinton that she's barely outperforming Generic D vs Generic R.
I think this is more a result of ticket splitting being so rare.  The Congressional ballot numbers are so close to the presidential numbers because people tend to base all of their votes on who they vote for at the top of the ticket.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2016, 10:57:34 AM »

All this BS from Seriously is gonna make him taking a big L on election night so much sweeter. Please don't leave until then.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2016, 11:22:44 AM »

All this BS from Seriously is gonna make him taking a big L on election night so much sweeter. Please don't leave until then.
You mean actual math and numbers = BS now...

Look. I may be a partisan when it comes to the race itself, but I'll say it until I am blue in the face. Numbers are numbers.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2016, 12:39:49 PM »

Look. I may be a partisan when it comes to the race itself, but I'll say it until I am blue in the face. Numbers are numbers.

But calling something a "hack poll" does not in and of itself constitute using "math and numbers."
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2016, 01:12:35 PM »

Good news, especially when there's really no telling how much Hillary's organizational advantage is worth.

I've really been wondering how much of an effect this will have, because things are quite different this time around. In 2012, Obama ran a superior ground game and over-performed his RCP average nicely (I could be attributing things wrongly here, but whatever), and that was with Romney actually running his own ground ops, albeit dysfunctional in the end.

Compare this to Trump, who has virtually no field effort worth mentioning, and the RNC's own operation has different priorities, leaving many states vulnerable and important ones outmatched.

If robust ground games truly do have worthwhile effects, they could be very substantial for Democrats this cycle. A bonus that we won't be able to measure until the results come in on November 8th.
Desroko
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2016, 02:11:55 AM »

I've really been wondering how much of an effect this will have, because things are quite different this time around. In 2012, Obama ran a superior ground game and over-performed his RCP average nicely (I could be attributing things wrongly here, but whatever), and that was with Romney actually running his own ground ops, albeit dysfunctional in the end.

Compare this to Trump, who has virtually no field effort worth mentioning, and the RNC's own operation has different priorities, leaving many states vulnerable and important ones outmatched.

If robust ground games truly do have worthwhile effects, they could be very substantial for Democrats this cycle. A bonus that we won't be able to measure until the results come in on November 8th.

There are a few papers floating around from the 2008 and 2012 cycles, but I'd look at Indiana 2008 as the best example of what happens when the ground games are asymmetrical. The state has averaged R+7-8 in post-Cold War elections, except when Obama invested heavily and McCain ignored it. The result was R+3.

Now I don't expect Trump to have zero GOTV, but that example is pretty telling. An extra two points of margin doesn't seem out of line at this point. 
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2016, 03:51:11 AM »

Yes. Except that there is a real question as to how excited people are for Clinton. Will the dem ground operation actually be as strong as Obamas was this time around? And will they be as succesful in getting people to turn out. That is a big question.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2016, 04:05:11 AM »

But calling something a "hack poll" does not in and of itself constitute using "math and numbers."
It's akin to a Democrat internal for crying out loud. You wouldn't see me gleefully touting something from the NRA as gospel as to where the race is right now. This particular poll is not worth the bandwidth used for this thread.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies