Fascist pigs kill father for holding an air gun (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 02:33:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Fascist pigs kill father for holding an air gun (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Fascist pigs kill father for holding an air gun  (Read 7216 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: August 10, 2014, 08:19:07 PM »

I've been keeping up on this (because it keeps popping up in the places I visit) and the cops were CLEARLY in the wrong here.  They should go to jail for a long time.  This is a thousand times worse than the fat guy in NYC a couple of weeks ago everybody was freaking out about.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2014, 12:11:56 PM »

I agree that this is worse but I don't get how you can just dismiss that, especially with what we know now. The cops had no evidence whatsoever,
I'm not doing this with you again.
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Have you actually, you know, WATCHED the video?  That's not what happened.  They walked up to him, then talked to him for several minutes to try to get him to calm down as he was VERY irate.  He resisted arrest.  The police can't walk away from people that resist arrest.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2014, 01:09:42 PM »

I thought there were laws requiring toy/fake guns to be clearly marked to be unmistakable from real guns so that incidents like this wouldn't happen. Is that not the case?
Everyone I've seen, which is some but not many, have a very bright orange barrel tip.  The "hardcores" paint over that, but those guys tend to be smart enough to NOT point them at other people with real guns.

I can't imagine Wal Mart sells any of them without the orange tip.  These cops messed up and hard.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2014, 02:14:45 AM »

And yes, the cops should always shoot to cause a non-fatal injury, which is an obvious no-brainer.
That's dumb and dangerous and movie sh**t.  They shoot to stop the threat, period.  That's the only reason to ever shoot somebody.  To stop a threat.  If you're using a handgun, that normally means several shots at center mass as one round from most hand guns won't stop a motivated healthy adult human.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2014, 07:51:53 PM »

There are different levels of "air soft" guns.  I've been shot with the 3 different ones, all of the low powered variety.....the rounds are propelled via a strong spring.  They hurt like a mofo, even through several layers of clothes.  Not as bad as a paintball (at least the old kind, I hear the newer ones hurt much less but I haven't been hit with a paintball since 90s), but will certainly leave a nasty mark.  Bare flesh vs the CO2 powered ones would be stupid painful.  I'd guess even the lower powered ones could take out an eye.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2014, 01:12:00 AM »

It's interesting how this case never blew up like Mike Brown did. All evidence points to the police being unquestionably in the wrong.
Indeed, I've wondered the same.  Despite the rhetoric heard from most people, there were a LOT of questions around the Mike Brown case and Mike Brown was clearly no angel and even if the cops were wrong (I still don't think that's been shown yet), Mr Brown still played a large role in his own death.

This dude wasn't a thug, didn't assault a police officer or a store clerk nor do anything even threatening.  (one could argue that you shouldn't stroll around a store with a gun looking object in your hand, but that's small potatoes)  Where is the 20 page thread?  Where are the protesters, where are the "leaders of the black community"?

..and the halfwit cracker that called in the "threat" should get his ass kicked, if not spend 6 months in county.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2014, 07:03:18 AM »

It seems reasonable...sure if *I* was in charge it would be more than 6 months, but in the real world, we'll be lucky to get 6 months.  At least the world, including his friends and family, knows he's a moron.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2016, 12:19:29 PM »

and he gets nothing

apparently nobody did anything wrong here.  Roll Eyes
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies