Is being anti-gay marriage now unacceptable for a national Democratic candidate? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 02:52:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Is being anti-gay marriage now unacceptable for a national Democratic candidate? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: So?
Yes
No
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Is being anti-gay marriage now unacceptable for a national Democratic candidate?  (Read 6715 times)
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« on: September 17, 2013, 05:21:43 AM »

No. If a candidate was otherwise liberal, he or she could win the national nomination.

What's it like on the other side?

Probably not nationally, but you'd be able to win a state-wide nomination most places.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2013, 06:04:18 AM »

I am proud that in the Democratic Party we are now pushing for full equality.  And I cannot imagine the 2016 Democratic nominee opposing same-sex marriage.  Every single rumored 2016 candidate:  Clinton, Biden, Cuomo, Warren, O'Malley, Gillibrand, etc. all support same-sex marriage.  That's not a coincidence.

They've pushed for equality, but pushed away anyone who disagrees with them on this position. It's terrible.

Yes, how terrible that bigots don't feel welcome in the Democratic Party. Sad

The GOP is pushing out all their moderates, extremists bastards... Boy I hate those f[inks]ing DINOs who don't like marriage equality, they shouldn't be Democrats.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2013, 07:41:32 AM »

I am proud that in the Democratic Party we are now pushing for full equality.  And I cannot imagine the 2016 Democratic nominee opposing same-sex marriage.  Every single rumored 2016 candidate:  Clinton, Biden, Cuomo, Warren, O'Malley, Gillibrand, etc. all support same-sex marriage.  That's not a coincidence.

They've pushed for equality, but pushed away anyone who disagrees with them on this position. It's terrible.

Yes, how terrible that bigots don't feel welcome in the Democratic Party. Sad

The GOP is pushing out all their moderates, extremists bastards... Boy I hate those f[inks]ing DINOs who don't like marriage equality, they shouldn't be Democrats.

This is a stupid comparison ... Marriage equality is an issue of fundamental human rights.

So's gun rights or pro life to the GOP, it doesn't change the political makeup of the nation.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies