I met an opebo tonight.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 24, 2024, 09:26:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  I met an opebo tonight.
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I met an opebo tonight.  (Read 842 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 25, 2009, 09:40:48 PM »

It was hilarious.

A rather eccentric friend (and colleague in another field) of mine had a get together which I attended. It was the first time I was attending one of his events so it was the first time I was meeting his "other" friends.

Well, one of my friends came along and we decided to chat with some of the people in attendance. One guy in particular stood out because he was, well, very opebo-esque.

First of all, the guy was very laid back. Secondly, he came across as a very well rounded individual. Then we started talking about his travels and he used an adjective as a noun. So I turn to my friend (who knows about opebo/opebo speak) and I ask, "Is this opebo?" I then turn back to the guy and ask him if he's opebo. He obviously didn't get it but then we started talking about women. Well, this is when I knew I was really dealing with a twin. He was very crude. He has little problem (he joked that he didn't want me to hear what he would say because I wasn't 21 yet) sharing some rather explicit sexual commentary. So I ask him about Thai girls.

He. Went. Nuts.

He said he's never seen girls as attractive as Thai girls. I loved it.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2009, 09:42:26 PM »

Odd. Are you sure it wasn't opebo just fooling you?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2009, 09:45:14 PM »

If this guy was really opebo, I'd have to say that opebo is one of the coolest people I've met.

Ok, maybe I'm hyping this guy up just a bit but he was awesome and can't wait to go to another one of these parties (which are fairly frequent). The funny thing is that while all of these people are very nice, they're part of that rather elite, sort of odd crowd and they're all older (40s and up). Then again, I'm in politics so I don't really mind hanging out with an older crowd.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2009, 09:55:03 PM »

Haha.. Thanks KP.  I am actually a 'type', of course, though a rare one.  An ex-girlfriend of mine called me a 'displaced aristocrat'.  There are a lot of dissipated sons of the upper middle petite bourgeoisie out there persuing hedonism with a dash of wit.

Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2009, 01:16:22 AM »

Do you need someone to call?  I'm sure there's a hotline in Pennsylvania, most college campuses have one.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2009, 06:22:12 AM »

Do you need someone to call?  I'm sure there's a hotline in Pennsylvania, most college campuses have one.

I don't know that they actually have a hotline for this sort of situation, but he could have always tweeted for help:

"met opeebo....uzd foul words and sed nsty thngs bout ti women.  Thank God for good naber He help get me outa ther PantsBurnLegWound."

Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2009, 10:09:14 AM »

I have my issues with him but I actually like opebo.  Tongue
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2009, 01:13:38 PM »

That's not fair.  I went to an "elite" party once and it was all your late 20s/early 30s young professional liberals.  They had only good beer and it was donation only (and I was 18, not complaining)...

But there was one guy that was "dancing" to the music playing by flipping these light switches on and off over this little cove thing where there was a couch.  I'm pretty sure he had had more than beer.. but everybody was so hip I couldn't be sure.

Then I randomly ran into one of my brother's friends that I hadn't seen in years... at a random house near the U of M in MInneapolis.

I guess hip people just gravitate towards eachother.. which is why I was a bit confused when I found out you were at one of these parties, Phil Wink
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies