Off topic, but thought I'd include this for its historical significance (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 01:48:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Off topic, but thought I'd include this for its historical significance (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Off topic, but thought I'd include this for its historical significance  (Read 3066 times)
Demrepdan

« on: April 15, 2004, 11:17:49 PM »
« edited: April 15, 2004, 11:23:58 PM by Forum Affairs Secretary Demrepdan »

Here is my first post.....still shrined in the forum archives.......

http://www.uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?board=5;action=display;threadid=2;start=0

There's a LINK to it......and here is the actual post itself.....

I am currently giving my support to  Sen. John Edwards. Although, Howard Dean and Dick Gephardt fall closely behind. In many ways, I do not think Gephardt would win. His main concern is for workers rights, and his views toward this may turn away many southern voters. Howard Dean is  the fighting Liberal! The man so opposite of President Bush that he would most certainly give Bush a run for his money! But maybe he is...TOO...liberal? Hmm... And plus his remarks concerning the Confederate flag and the south proove that he is very ignorant to how to pull in southern votes. Which brings me to Edwards. Edwards would most certainatly bring in more southern votes than any of the other candidates. He has some conservative views that appeals to the south. I also like some of his views on education, and the War with Iraq (which I commonly refer to as the Gulf War II).  I'm surprised that on this poll, I was the FIRST person to vote for Edwards. I hope that some may see what potential he has.

Even my style of WRITING has changed!!!

That was back when I was a newbie....and uncomfortable posting...but not anymore Smiley

Look how old that post is.....it mentions the "Confederate Flag" comment that Dean made............ah.......memories....

I especially like the last line in that post. "I hope that some may see what potential he [Edwards] has."

And they never did........
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies