World government? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 02:24:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  World government? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: would you support this?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 34

Author Topic: World government?  (Read 5939 times)
FerrisBueller86
jhsu

« on: November 15, 2005, 08:40:20 PM »

While I believe in international cooperation (United Nations, Interpol), I strongly believe that we should have many separate and autonomous nations.

I think having one government for the entire world is a bad idea.  What happens if that government screws up and we end up with hyperinflation, the collapse of the monetary system, war, widespread corruption, genocide, persecution, etc.?  When there are many different nations, people have the option of moving to another nation in the event that their livelihood or survival is doomed in their home nation.  If the whole world is under one nation, then there is no such option.

Another advantage of having many different nations is that different ideas can be tried.  When one nation is particularly successful on an issue and another is a miserable failure, this provides valuable guidance to the rest of the world.  Just look at capitalism vs. Communism.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies