Sirius (Ninja0428) for Lincoln Senate
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 09:42:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Sirius (Ninja0428) for Lincoln Senate
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Sirius (Ninja0428) for Lincoln Senate  (Read 1155 times)
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -7.91

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 03, 2023, 04:11:20 AM »
« edited: May 05, 2023, 12:17:53 PM by Senator Sirius »

Hello Lincolnites! I am very happy today to be officially launching my campaign for Lincoln's regional senate seat this February. 2022 was one hell of a year. Atlasian troops marched against our own people, a civil war nearly started, and a plot was discovered to overthrow our democracy. I'm happy to report that the instigators of those things have been foiled. Our president has done a great job stabilizing the nation, the senate was cleansed of those who sought to undermine our country, and the perpetrators were prosecuted. Democracy and the rule of law have prevailed. So, with that being taken care of, you may wonder, why am I running for this seat?

My goal is simple: to lead Atlasia roaring into a new era, one where we can put behind last year's turmoil and bring prosperity to all. And while the cleanup is largely completed, there is still much to do to revitalize our country and our region. I believe that must start with the senate. While the senate these days may not be full of traitors or anything like that, I'm still not happy with its current state. To put it frankly, the level of activity in the senate today is disappointing. Debate has become largely unproductive or non-existent. The incumbent to this seat, who I give the utmost respect to, has missed many votes. A lot of legislation has been passed yes, and I support a productive legislature, but when nothing is ever scrutinized and half of senators don't vote, its easy for the common person to be overlooked. And when your senator is not active on the senate floor, you aren't being represented to the fullest possible extent. I will, from day one, restore your representation in the senate.

Along with that I'll bring to the senate a platform designed to promote a prosperous future. I will always fight for the improvement of our infrastructure, being paramount to Lincoln's success. While a comprehensive high speed rail act was finally passed, our conventional rail network especially needs to do a lot better. I will introduce standards to keep our railways in top condition, electrify them, and make Amtrak a world class system. I will cut barriers to constructing new housing and promote affordable housing units to reduce the price of housing in out cities, and relieve the financial pressure on so many hard working people. I will invest in Lincoln's small towns as well, to revitalize them as strong towns, better and more economically resilient than before. I will seek to make our electric grid as clean as can be, invest in the grid to make it more reliable, and secure funding for the continued research of fusion energy. And that isn't all. I hope everyone in Lincoln will join me next month, so that we can create a bright future for our region!

Endorsements:
President Joseph Cao
Senator Lakigigar
Senator/GM Weatherboy
Lincoln Speaker ZMUN

Senator Muaddib
Dwarven Dragon
Vice President ReaganClinton
Senator West_Midlander
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2023, 02:21:19 AM »

Endorsed for the commitment to activity! Not usually prone to geographic chauvinism but we are the largest region, there ought to be someone in the regional seat whose voice is heard more often.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2023, 04:59:49 AM »

Endorsed, i like your commitment to activity and think you would be a great addition to the senate.
GM Team Member and Deputy PPT WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2023, 05:07:46 AM »

Endorsed! It's nice to see you back actively.
ZMUN M441
Adowemiti
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2023, 01:38:29 PM »

Endorsed.
Deep Dixieland Senator, Muad'dib (OSR MSR)
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2023, 05:58:57 PM »

Endorsed
Attorney General & PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2023, 07:04:53 PM »

Endorsed
RC
ReaganClinton20XX
Atlas Politician
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.10, S: -6.09

P P P

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2023, 07:22:34 PM »

Fully endorsed, the best Lincoln can have!
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2023, 10:21:45 AM »

Endorsed
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2023, 07:10:50 PM »

I would like to thank Pragmatic Populist for entrusting me to represent Lincoln in the Senate. It's a rare honor to receive the vote of your opponent. It's clear that we have built a broad coalition representing Lincolnites of all walks of life and of all parties. So as we enter the final hours of this election, I encourage everyone who hasn't voted yet to get out there and vote for Sirius, so we can begin work on building our bright future!
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2023, 12:20:32 AM »

Folks, I'm proud to say that we did it. Over the course of this weekend, Lincolnites of all kinds came together to deliver a broad mandate for change in the Senate. For everyone who gave me their vote, and by proxy their trust, I am thankful. I don't really get too emotional over elections these days, but this election does feel special to me. Over 4 years ago, in July 2018, I was elected to the Senate for the region of Lincoln. It was the first time I was elected to the Senate, and it would end up being the last time as I would end up losing reelection. Although it isn't quite the same senate, to be able to return to it now for first time in the same seat - Lincoln region-wide - just feels good. It feels like coming home. Once again, to everyone who made this possible, thank you!
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2023, 12:36:15 AM »

Congrats! You'll be a great new active senator that the region needs.
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2023, 12:43:16 AM »

Congratulations on winning Lincoln! We can trust you to handle your job well in the Senate.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2023, 01:06:31 AM »

Congratulations Ninja,
I know you never appreciated your loss 4 years ago but as I always told you, it was nothing personal since then as it was more a revolt against your party back in the days.

Time changes all the time so enjoy your return Smiley
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2023, 02:29:59 AM »

Not everyone gets their opponent to vote for them. Don't think I've ever had it happen, though maybe Tack has. Smiley

Congratulations, my friend!
Utah Neolib
YaBB God
Antarctica

« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2023, 10:37:56 AM »

Congratulations!
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2023, 07:37:23 PM »

Congratulations on your victory. Well deserved!
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2023, 03:12:31 PM »

Greetings Atlasia, I have an announcement for you all. I will officially be running for president pro tempore of the senate in the next session. I personally have found the operations of the current senate to be not great, I do understand that some of this is due to circumstances out of our control but still, we need to do better. As PPT I will make consistency my utmost priority. Consistency in enforcing the senate rules, consistency in notifying senators about votes, etc. I also want to get through the current legislative backlog and to that effect I will be as expedient as possible in my responsibilities. I will have a lot of spare time during the next senate session and I have prior experience needed to get this done. I hope to build a broad coalition in the senate, much as I did in my election to the senate, of all those who wish to get the senate back on track and moving again. More is to follow.
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2023, 06:43:40 PM »

Four months ago, when I first launched my campaign for the office I currently hold, I declared that our national crisis was over. That the conspirators against our great republic had been dealt with and that it was time to move on into a better future. But little did I know that a new crisis was just about to begin, one which has escalated to a point that I'm sure none of us Lincolnites wanted to see. It's terribly ironic. The fact that another crisis if this magnitude, if not greater, has occurred nearly just one year after the last is disgraceful. But what has happened has happened. Now, we must all be strong against those who seek to divide us, to destroy our values, to send us into a dark age where the idea of a united Atlasian nation no longer exists, and that is exactly what I intend to do.

If the latest round of conspirators against our republic had any intention of getting away with their actions then they should have waited until I was dead because I will not rest until justice is served and our country is whole again. I will give no quarter in my defense of this union because I believe, in fact I know that Atlasia is something worth defending and I know that the vast majority of you agree. In my recent time in the senate I have been solid in my defense of the union. I have helped to lead the charge in removing any hint of secession from the constitution and my voting record should speak for itself when it comes to this issue. Today I ask all of you, no matter who you are, or what party you're a member of, to lend me your support and another 4 months in office so that I can continue my work to realize justice in the wake of the crimes that have been committed, to secure freedom and democracy for all on both sides of the mason-dixon line, and to continue reforming our union so that something like this can never happen again, whether it be on my watch or long after I am no longer watching.

I'd like to close my speech today by once again recalling my original announcement, because although I have highlighted the irony of it there is one thing that I still stand by: we have a brighter future ahead of us. Though it may seem like we've been dragged into darkness, I will never stop reaching for the light at the end of the tunnel because I know that it is there, I can see it! I have not wavered in my dedication to building that future and together we can make it a reality. I refuse to give up hope. In my time in the senate I have already introduced several bills as I have promised to and I will make sure that our agenda for a better future is implemented no matter what. So I ask you all, every last citizen of the region of Lincoln, to go vote this June, and to reelect your voice for stability and progress.
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2023, 07:33:04 PM »

We might be in “darkness” but let’s not forget, this has been a two way street from the beginning.
yes and you swerved the game into oncoming traffic.

Anyway, endorsed, of course
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2023, 08:11:16 PM »

Endorsed. Thank you for the work you've done in helping draw this saga to its eventual end.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2023, 09:30:38 PM »

Endorsed.
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder