2024 Election Game - Sign Ups and OOC (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 10:31:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  2024 Election Game - Sign Ups and OOC (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Turn length?
Keep at 2 Weeks

Extend to 1 Month (starting in October) for duration of game

Extend to 1 Month until Primary Season

Extend to 1 Month until General Election phase

Other (State in Thread)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 12

Author Topic: 2024 Election Game - Sign Ups and OOC  (Read 11336 times)
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« on: October 17, 2018, 11:39:43 PM »

Personally, I think this should be a 2020 game, not a 2024 game... I don't believe Susan Rice would ever get elected to the Senate, and the scenario you provided for Trump's impeachment is quite frankly, ridiculous, because Pelosi (if she's still Speaker) and Schumer would never agree to it.

Oh, and Alexandra Ocasio-Cortez isn't getting elected statewide in New York anytime soon. In fact, in this scenario, I would the most likely Governor is probably still Cuomo.

Next, is Ashe serving in Sanders seat (which is up in 2024) or Pat Leahy's seat (which was up in 2022)?

Next, why are Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio not on the Republican primary list (I presume Rubio lost reelection in 2022, but you didn't say Cruz lost reelection)?

All that considered, I am interested, if we can get turns that are two weeks per turn (because that's easiest for me quite honestly).

I'm torn between running as Kirsten Gillibrand, Ted Cruz, Paul Ryan, or Tammy Duckworth.

If anyone else wants one of those four people let me know quickly (I personally prefer Ryan or Gillibrand, but I wouldn't be totally opposed to Duckworth or Cruz if I was forced).

Obviously I can't run as all four Sad but some inspiration who out those four to pick would be nice.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2018, 04:08:30 PM »

On second thought, are you going to personally do the debates, and if not, can I moderate them?
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2018, 04:23:50 PM »

On second thought, are you going to personally do the debates, and if not, can I moderate them?
My plan was to send question via PM, have the candidates respond, then allow for rebuttals. At this point I would rather have another candidate (specifically another Democratic candidate) but feel free to submit questions.

Thanks. I think you'll get another Democrat soon enough.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2018, 05:46:19 PM »

also, will there a primaries list and delegate count for each state?
To be honest, I have no idea how delegates work and I intend to do some research on allocation. Help would be appreciated. I should be able to do a schedule however, with a similar order to 2016.

Personally, I think you should mess with the order (for example be willing to have someone leapfrog Iowa).

So a possible order would be Nevada, New Hampshire, South Carolina, Iowa.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2018, 06:11:44 PM »

also, will there a primaries list and delegate count for each state?
To be honest, I have no idea how delegates work and I intend to do some research on allocation. Help would be appreciated. I should be able to do a schedule however, with a similar order to 2016.

Personally, I think you should mess with the order (for example be willing to have someone leapfrog Iowa).

So a possible order would be Nevada, New Hampshire, South Carolina, Iowa.

actually, Iowa and New Hampshire have been confirmed to always be the first states. Hell, one time, New Hampshire tried to SUE another state for trying to place their primary before them, same with Iowa.

One day, Iowa/New Hampshire will lose such a lawsuit. That would be a plausible scenario to start with for this game.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2018, 09:47:48 PM »

Feinstein's still alive? That surprises me.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2018, 12:12:50 AM »

Tempted to play as Gillibrand, Sinema, or Harris. Though, I’m not really sure which. I’ll definitely be joining, just don’t know as whom yet.

Frankly, I'm not sure why Simena would run...but that's just me.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2018, 02:44:23 PM »

can we get national and state polling for both parties and a description of the events this turn? it woudl really help the players be able to flesh out the campaign
Yes. You mean after or before the turn?

during this turn (make it the turn opener). also, will there be debates this turn?
Okay. I'm unsure if I can get the events out but state polls will be out. No debate this turn.

Personally, since I'm (supposedly) doing the debates, I'd prefer to have a debate each turn, but with only party per turn.(Republican debate on turn one, Democratic debate on turn two or vice versa).
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2018, 05:06:59 PM »
« Edited: October 19, 2018, 05:10:04 PM by NewYorkExpress »

can we get national and state polling for both parties and a description of the events this turn? it woudl really help the players be able to flesh out the campaign

during this turn (make it the turn opener). also, will there be debates this turn?
Okay. I'm unsure if I can get the events out but state polls will be out. No debate this turn.

what of National polls?
In about 40 minutes.

Personally, since I'm (supposedly) doing the debates, I'd prefer to have a debate each turn, but with only party per turn.(Republican debate on turn one, Democratic debate on turn two or vice versa).
I was under the impression you were just proposing questions, but I'm fine with you moderating. Your proposal should be fine if you want to message the Republican candidates with the debate questions for this turn.

Unfortunately, I'm more comfortable doing it in-thread, but if you want me to do the debates via PM, I'll swallow my pride.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2018, 05:45:31 PM »

Yes, for Republicans only, which I am sending questions for now.

If there are any grammar errors, people I apologize.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2018, 06:06:04 PM »

A smallish request

The whole single payer being pushed through I find somewhat unrealistic. It also shakes things up A LOT. Would it be too much if that was replaced by something else?

Tell me if I'm out of line here or if I've got a point Smiley

Yes and no. It only makes sense if Democrats have the votes to override a Trump veto, which given the number of red state Senators, they probably don't.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2018, 09:44:39 PM »

Does the GOP have open primaries, I'd imagine Phil would do better where indies can vote.

I'm pretty sure New Hampshire is one.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2018, 01:09:46 AM »

I can tell you with only Shapiro and Amash yet to get in their answers, Haslam and Scott lead the debate.

When the turn ends, or when Shapiro and Amash post their answers, whichever comes first, I will determine the official winner of the debate.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2018, 02:23:51 PM »

If this is still open I will run as Larry Sharpe as a Libertarian
I was hoping you'd play as Pence
Neeee
Open GOP field is better

Frankly I'd rather have a Pence player too. I'd have more fun addressing debate questions to Pence than anyone else in the Republican field (and it'd be easier too).
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2018, 08:17:23 PM »

Rolling for good/bad news:

Bill Haslam: 18 NO NEWS
Josh Hawley: 72 NO NEWS
Jon Huntsman: 10 NO NEWS
Phil Scott: 99 NEGATIVE NEWS
Justin Amash: 3 POSITIVE NEWS
Ben Shapiro: 37 NO NEWS
Nikki Haley: 94 NO NEWS (barely)

Andrew Gillum: 17 NO NEWS
Scott Rolen: 88 NO NEWS
Chris Murphy: 33 NO NEWS
Stacey Abrams: 92 NO NEWS
Kirsten Gillibrand: 97 NEGATIVE NEWS
Kamala Harris: 8 NO NEWS

These along with new polls, news and analysis will be released for Turn 2. Best of luck to all.

Oh cmon. How bad is it going to be? Will I still be able to compete? I am just sound biased cause I'm targeted, but can we keep it light in the first round, considering we're just getting started.

Given that, as far as I'm concerned, you did well in the debate...if a touch more moderate than the average Republican voter, that should balance out most negative news you could possibly get.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2018, 08:22:01 PM »

These along with new polls, news and analysis will be released for Turn 2. Best of luck to all.

Oh cmon. How bad is it going to be? Will I still be able to compete? I am just sound biased cause I'm targeted, but can we keep it light in the first round, considering we're just getting started.

Given that, as far as I'm concerned, you did well in the debate...if a touch more moderate than the average Republican voter, that should balance out most negative news you could possibly get.

Well I hope, considering a spent a lot of time and effort on those debate answers.

I'm not posting debate results until Shapiro posts his answers and/or the turn ends, but so far you, Haslam and Amash are the leaders...
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2018, 08:30:44 PM »

It won't be too bad. Probably going to involve your LG (Zuckerman for simplicity) being accused of campaign finance crimes for running for Vermont Gov in 2024. And you look bad since it happened under your watch but nothing super severe provided you repudiate him quickly. Though you did get a 99 so...

There's also the fact you said you work well with Zuckerman in the debate, which might not sit well with some.

That said, the debate was a success on the whole for you, as you responded well to the attacks from both Huntsman and Haslam, and generally provided detailed answers.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2018, 11:11:04 PM »

Can candidates post schedules if they have not already? It is a major factor in my calculation of polls in tandem with debate performance.

I'm still waiting for Shapiro's debate answers too, otherwise I'd have already posted the debate results.

I can provide results, as if Shapiro skipped the debate, but I'd look like a fool if he submits answers later.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2018, 06:24:59 PM »

With Shapiro's debate answers up, the debate results will be up shortly.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2018, 07:04:38 PM »

Yay debate results! Thought I'd think I'd be doing better in NH, eh. We'll see the new polls soon.

It's a poll of voters who watched the debate, not of all voters in New Hampshire.

You'd probably do better in a poll of all Republican primary voters in New Hampshire.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2018, 08:29:43 PM »

When is Democratic debates? Next turn?

Next turn.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2018, 08:25:20 PM »

Hey why am I not doing so good anymore?

You didn't do well in the debate because your answers were the briefest of the candidates, and you declined to elaborate on any issue.

If you don't correct that, you could see a drop in your overall polling too...and you definitely won't do well in future debates.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2018, 01:02:02 AM »

For Democrats:

Debate questions for this turn will either be sent out later today, or Friday.

Please be patient, and don't pester me or the GM.

NYE.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2018, 03:25:49 PM »

For Democrats:

Debate questions for this turn will either be sent out later today, or Friday.

Please be patient, and don't pester me or the GM.

NYE.

How will we receive the questions? Not pestering, I'm just wondering.

I'll do them via PM, and if all goes well, all Democrats will get debate questions tonight.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2018, 05:24:28 PM »

Oh, that's how turns work. The I've been misunderstanding....the second turn is just sept part 2. I feel like this is gonna take forever, because I put my entire september schedule into one post......
I noticed that. I may decide to do a turn/a month for October to get into primary season faster. Stay tuned.

Alright, then I won't post a schedule for this turn just edit my last one slightly. Just endorsements and national press.

Also I highly recommend that.

Or you can skip October and the first half of November and go right to roughly Thanksgiving, and continue from there.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies