A Mental break before I get too mental
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 24, 2024, 06:19:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  A Mental break before I get too mental
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: A Mental break before I get too mental  (Read 665 times)
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 27, 2015, 05:49:14 PM »
« edited: April 27, 2015, 05:53:13 PM by L.D. Smith, Knight of Appalachia »

Given where things have been headed,...I'm taking a break.

The fact that I find myself troll posting in the first place, reacting to what I used to be able to ignore quite easily...is no good.

I was not kidding when I voted yes to hating the "do you hate x polls" from which the controversy arises. It did not do well to post there.

Of course my usual critics had sh[inks] to say, whatever. But when you lose Dallasfan and maxwell for even a moment,...you've lost middle Atlasia.

Losing them means failure to do good to all men, failure to keep posting things of good report. I've headed down the path of the selfish monster I sought to fight (not there yet).

Obviously things have gone mental, so I'll be gone for at least a week to take a break before it gets worse. Hopefully things can be made right again, but that's out the question if I stick around.

Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2015, 06:01:19 PM »

Given where things have been headed,...I'm taking a break.

The fact that I find myself troll posting in the first place, reacting to what I used to be able to ignore quite easily...is no good.

I was not kidding when I voted yes to hating the "do you hate x polls" from which the controversy arises. It did not do well to post there.

Of course my usual critics had sh[inks] to say, whatever. But when you lose Dallasfan and maxwell for even a moment,...you've lost middle Atlasia.

Losing them means failure to do good to all men, failure to keep posting things of good report. I've headed down the path of the selfish monster I sought to fight (not there yet).

Obviously things have gone mental, so I'll be gone for at least a week to take a break before it gets worse. Hopefully things can be made right again, but that's out the question if I stick around.

The racial who do you hate threads are meant to be a joke, but yes I dislike them too. Anyway, it is really a mistake to take the jive that is put up around here too seriously, and the fads pass away. It is all part of the push and shove of smart young males trying to have a good time. If that leitmotif is offensive, then of course, this is a "bad place" for a poster, but in your case, I think it may be a case of over-reacting a bit. Seek to ignore the chaff that annoys, and enjoy the wheat around here, is my best advice. We have a lot of both, but most posters are good folks, not really mean, and if they are in the latter category, the cave is there to monitor for a violation of terms of use.

Sorry for the "lecture," but these "freak outs" happen from time to time, so I thought I would share my thoughts.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2015, 06:06:25 PM »

Brakes from this place are good. I wish I had taken more back before I got too far sucked in to this codependent relationship.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2015, 06:14:21 PM »

why am I a barometer of when ish goes too far? I'm a bitter youth who clings to his guns!
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2015, 06:49:51 PM »

But when you lose Dallasfan and maxwell for even a moment,...you've lost middle Atlasia.

ummmmmmm
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2015, 06:54:35 PM »

Brakes from this place are good. I wish I had taken more back before I got too far sucked in to this codependent relationship.

I don't know if brakes are good for this place, but breaks are. Tongue

Anyway, to the OP, I took a 12-day posting break from this forum earlier this month and it really seemed to help my mental state of mind.  I lurked, but the posting break helped me cool off.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2015, 08:50:56 PM »

I don't really know what this is but feel better man.
H. Ross Peron
General Mung Beans
Junior Chimp
Korea, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -1.91

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2015, 01:46:58 AM »

I don't really know what this is but feel better man.
Prince of Salem
JoMCaR
Peru

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2015, 01:54:13 AM »

RIP FF Cry

Nah, hope to see you soon again Smiley
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2015, 07:43:11 AM »

Take a rest and come back later.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2015, 08:29:36 AM »

Those "Do you hate...." threads weren't offensive, but they were stupid and unfunny. But the best way to handle the stupid unfunny memes the forum gets caught up in all the time isn't by counter-trolling but just ignoring them. I can truthfully say I never posted in or voted in any of them.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2015, 08:44:54 AM »
« Edited: April 28, 2015, 08:49:19 AM by Stone Cold Conservative »

Yeah you probably need this.  While your post was cartoonist racist on many levels you at least had the decency to own up to your mistake and try to correct it.  For willing to admit your faults you already have a lot more respect from me than probably the vast majority of posters.

See folks, this is why I started the Unfortunate Posts thread.  All too often on a political forum we forget that other posters are human and have bad days like the rest of us.  Sure, there are retrobates here who deserve no mercy, but mormdem seems more like a high school boy who has problems controlling his loins.

Hope you get better.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2015, 08:57:40 AM »

Anyway when that type of crap happens just calm down and have a drink. Counter-trolling will just make it worse for you. I usually just have a bit of rum. Try it.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies