Rocky Mountian: Kyl(R) is still under 50% against Pederson(D) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 05:18:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2006 Elections
  2006 Senatorial Election Polls
  Rocky Mountian: Kyl(R) is still under 50% against Pederson(D) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Rocky Mountian: Kyl(R) is still under 50% against Pederson(D)  (Read 2072 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« on: July 26, 2006, 02:21:21 AM »

I think this race is pretty much over. Kylīs approval isnīt that high but itīs ticking upwards. An average of the last 10 polls show him ahead 47,5 to 35,1. Because it will be a 2-way-race it would translate into a 57,5 to 42,5 win for Kyl in the general. Allthough I think he will win not by such a margin, everything points to it. AZ since 1995 has not elected a Dem. Senator and Kyl has a huge cash advantage. Comparing the electability of a democratic senator with the 1992 and 1996 wins of Clinton is nonsense. Senate and Presidential elections are 2 pairs of shoes. I may be proven wrong and thereīs a long way to go until November, but I think that for the Dems bringing the WA, MT, MN, MO, OH, NJ, RI races over the finish line is far more important than AZ. Better focus on TN and VA or 2008. In 08 out of the 33 seats contested 21 will be Republican ones.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies