After The False Spring, the III ASOIAF Game (Sign Up - Rules Thread) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 06:52:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  After The False Spring, the III ASOIAF Game (Sign Up - Rules Thread) (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: After The False Spring, the III ASOIAF Game (Sign Up - Rules Thread)  (Read 30355 times)
badgate
Junior Chimp

« on: December 04, 2015, 12:03:56 AM »
« edited: December 10, 2015, 10:27:57 PM by badgate »

After The False Spring

Premise
The year is 282 AC. Word has spread across the realm of the “dishonoring” of Lyanna Stark. Nobody has called their banners, and everyone stands at an uneasy peace, however the reactions to the disappearance of Lady Stark and Crown Prince Rhaegar Targaryen remain to be seen. Has Prince Rhaegar kidnapped Lady Lyanna? How will the Starks react, and Lord Baratheon, betrothed to the northern lady? Will King Aerys focus on finding his son or stamping out the usurpation he sees all around him? Will the lords of Westeros uneasy with the Targaryen dynasty rise up, or will they join together under their king? Welcome, my friends, to After The False Spring.

Playable Characters (at start)
-Lord Robert Baratheon (Spamage)
-Lord Rickard Stark (Enduro)
-Lord Jon Arryn (leonardothered)
-Lord Hoster Tully (Blair2015)
-Lord Tywin Lannister (Talleyrand)
-King Aerys Targaryen (Dkrolga)
-Prince Doran Martell (Dereich)
-Lord Walder Frey (Elmo)
-Lord Mace Tyrell (Lumine)
-Lord Quellon Greyjoy (Garlan Gunter)

Game Mechanics
Turns will function virtually the same way as in the forum's past ASOIAF games. In-game, each turn will cover two months time. You will roleplay as one of the main players.

This game will be based mostly on A Song of Ice and Fire, aka the novels. Therefore we recommend that you refer to http://awoiaf.westeros.org/ for your ultimate resource.

Turns will hopefully last no longer than two weeks. Orders will be executed in the order they are received. There will be troop dispositions and character objectives at the start of each turn. The POVs by badgate and malcolmx will signal the middle of the turn, generally with four or five days after publication to send in orders before the turn ends. Once each turn ends there will be an update covering everything that happened during the turn.

Players are permitted to do their roleplay communication and negotiation in the public threads if they choose.

VERY IMPORTANT: All communication by private message must be BCCd to both badgate and malcolmx!

-All players begin Turn 1 at peace with each other.

-Faceless Men are not available in this game. You may hire assassins against other characters at a cost. Success will increase your prestige while failure will lower it.

-Sellsword Armies: At the start of the game, there are five sellsword armies available in Essos for hire: two consisting of 10,000 soldiers and three consisting of 7,500. A second round of companies for hire will occur later in the game. All sellsword armies will take two full turns to travel and must land on the eastern shore of Westeros, but you can direct them where to land. They will be available for other orders at the start of the third turn after hire.

We will have the following game threads: Rules & Sign Up, General game thread, and three regional threads: North, South, and King’s Landing.

-The results of plots, negotiations with NPCs, and battles will be determined by good ol’ dice.

Unique Abilities
Each playable character has a unique ability. These unique abilities are designed to enhance the playing experience. If a character dies, the ability will either be transferred to their heir (who becomes playable) or reimagined for the new playable character(s) that appear in the dead one's place.

These unique abilities will all be unknown until the start of the first turn, to keep them from influencing your choice in who to play as. Once you have chosen your character, you will receive a PM from either badgate or malcolmx informing you of your character's UA. Some of the UA may become public knowledge in time, due to their nature.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2015, 12:06:17 AM »
« Edited: December 04, 2015, 12:17:01 AM by badgate »

Game Start Troop Dispositions (REMINDER: All players begin the game at peace)

-Lord Robert Baratheon
Garrison of Storm's End: 1,000 strong.
Can call up to 25,000; 10,000 immediately.

-Lord Rickard Stark
Garrison of Winterfell: 1,000 strong.
Garrison of Moat Cailin: 200 strong.
Can call up to 40,000; 12,000 immediately.

-Lord Jon Arryn
Garrison of the Eyrie: 500 strong.
Garrison of the Bloody Gate: 500 strong.
Can call up to 38,000; 15,000 immediately.

-Lord Hoster Tully
Garrison of Riverrun: 1,000 strong.
Can call up to 38,000; 13,000 immediately.

-Lord Tywin Lannister
Garrison of Casterly Rock: 1,000 strong.
Garrison of Golden Tooth: 500 strong.
Fleet of Lannisport: 30 cogs.
Can call up to 40,000; 12,000 immediately.

-King Aerys Targaryen
Garrison of Dragonstone: 500 strong.
The King’s Landing City Watch: 6,000 strong.
Royal Fleet: 30 ships.
Fleet of Dragonstone: 120 ships.
Can call up to 19,000; 10,000 immediately.

-Prince Doran Martell
Garrison of Sunspear: 1,000 strong.
Can call up to 35,000; 10,000 immediately.

-Lord Walder Frey
Garrison of the Twins:  1,000 strong.
Can call up to 8,000: 4,000 immediately.

-Lord Mace Tyrell
Garrison of Highgarden: 1,000 strong.
Redwyne Fleet: 90 ships.
Oldtown Fleet: 30 ships.
Shield Islands Fleet: 20 ships.
Can call up to 75,000; 15,000 immediately.

-Lord Quellon Greyjoy
Garrison of Pyke: 500
Iron Fleet: 100 longships.
Can call up to 20,000 men and raise 300 longships; 9,000 and 100 immediately.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2015, 12:08:06 AM »

---The first turn will begin TBD---
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2015, 11:44:52 AM »

Yes to clarify when I mentioned POVs in the first post I was referring to the ones I and ocassionally jbd will be writing. All players are encouraged to enhance the game by contributing POVs of their characters!

Garlan and Elmo I'm adding you to the list now Smiley
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2015, 12:16:31 PM »

Obviously it would be great to have someone playing as Robert, though hopefully it goes without saying that we don't expect the game be identical to the canonical account of this time period in the books/show.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2015, 06:05:46 PM »

Elmo, start a thread about your issue in this sub forum and the mods will see if there's an issue with your account or tell you what the post limit is for private messaging https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?board=7.0
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2015, 07:49:09 PM »

Robert will start the game in the Vale, as will Ned, but you could certainly attempt to leave in turn 1.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2015, 03:21:02 PM »

I'd think we probably need either Ned or Robert to start though.

While Ned isn't available, we do need Rickard Stark to start. I gave Antonio until 430p Central US time to let me know if he still wants to play as him, but if I haven't heard from him by then the character is open to other sign ups.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2015, 06:17:12 PM »

Rickard Stark is now available for anyone who'd still like to sign up! As is Robert Baratheon.

I'll let everyone know when the first turn will begin this evening.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2015, 11:27:37 PM »

The rules are the same as our previous board games, so everything Lumine said is correct. In fact X and I have a second list of playable characters in the case of deaths as well as other game events we have planned.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2015, 12:19:18 AM »

Amazing, we now have a full house!

I will post turn 1 on Sunday 12/12 evening.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2015, 01:11:43 AM »

If you are interested in signing up despite the current list of characters being full, post in the thread and I will go ahead and post the secondary list of playable characters.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2015, 01:30:57 PM »

I don't feel like waiting until this evening; look for turn 1 in about an hour.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2015, 02:24:31 PM »

Turn 1 is now up; please note for this first post I have included the ages and marriage status of all your children and heirs. That info will be removed for future turns
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2015, 03:37:15 PM »

Okay-someones going to have to guide me through this. Do I just post my update on the thread that's called The South?

If you have anything you would like to post publicly, such as declarations or open communication via other players use the South thread. The thread is also for players who wish to write POV chapters for their characters a la the ASOIAF novels.

PM your turn orders to me.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2015, 10:06:23 PM »

POV tomorrow and sunday and i will propose an end date when I post the second one. (I'm not sure when I want it to be because of Christmas. Wiuld people be upset if the turn ended on Xmas eve or something?)
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2015, 12:45:20 PM »

The Eager Beaver award for turn #1 goes to Garlan Gunter for already having a POV up.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2015, 09:14:57 AM »

Hey guys, I am really sorry but I have come down with some vicious strep throat Monday morning and haven't been feeling well enough to do much of anything. I'm home sick from work today and will spend part of it (when I'm not sleeping) writing the second POV.

I'll go ahead and make end of turn midnight CST on 12/25.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2015, 06:16:05 PM »

Really bad and undeserved luck DKrol - but v excited to see who you'll come back as! Surely not the ungrateful Silver Prince himself!?

At this time Rhaegar is not yet playable; X and I have a mechanism set up for the end of every turn to determine where he is, what's going on with his relationship with Lyanna, and if he will resurface at the start of the next turn.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2015, 06:33:14 PM »

Hey guys, even though we've seen your negotiations re: wardships, betrothals, etc. play out, if you could include the final results of those negotiations in your orders it would be very helpful and ensure that something isn't missed.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2015, 10:14:30 PM »

So when is turn ending tonight or tomorrow?
Tomorrow at midnight.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2015, 11:17:12 AM »
« Edited: December 28, 2015, 11:24:55 AM by badgate »

That's... unexpected. That said, why would my character try to get to KL by sea? Wouldn't it have made more sense to go to KL by land? (I'm not sure if I mentioned "riding" there)

He did go by land , was just unable to get to KL by turns end due to weather/bad dice roll
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2015, 07:09:58 PM »

Tonight but it'll be the last thing I do before bed so the posts won't be up until around 12 or 1 am Central time. Outside of the objectives feel free to consider Turn 2 underway and let the madness begin. 
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2015, 07:10:20 PM »

With you all the way Lord Stark, dreaming of spring...

Lmao
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2016, 09:23:31 PM »

I'll write a POV tonight and the turn will end Saturday at midnight US Central time
Pages: [1] 2 3  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies