Georgia's Very Own Megathread!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 12:48:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Georgia's Very Own Megathread!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 ... 105
Author Topic: Georgia's Very Own Megathread!  (Read 318095 times)
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.50

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1450 on: February 27, 2018, 05:04:37 PM »

I didn't think anything would happen till 2020 (I've always thought Barrow could win tho) but this honestly makes it so much easier for it to happen tho.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1451 on: February 27, 2018, 06:15:36 PM »

A second Republican State rep from Gwinnett County has decided to retire this year.

https://politics.myajc.com/news/state--regional-education/another-lawmaker-from-gwinnett-retire/idhwah2gujUap7Tt3PNXlJ/

Wonder what on the ground has shown them that the writing is on the wall. Gwinnett County GOP have been sending out e-mails begging people to run this year.

Cagle's Delta flub and Kemp's nefarious actions with our elections will make for great ads this fall. I'm just ready for Gwinnett and Cobb to become the new Prince William and Loudon counties and for us to break 40 percent in Fayette and 30 in Forsyth and Cherokee so that ATL metro can finally tip the state the way NoVa does in Virginia. Tongue
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #1452 on: February 27, 2018, 06:48:27 PM »

That was a huge misstep for Cagle. Probably a game changer. This means both the frontrunners in Cagle and Kemp are severely damaged goods. Maybe just maybe this is the year someone breaks through

That's all that I'm taking away from what has transpired recently.  I've been watching local Atlanta media outlets most of today and reaction to Cagle's comments have not been good.

I think this says a lot about the state of the GOP primary.  You don't go out and make statements like this when you feel you're ahead, especially when those statements seem to run counter to your primary strategy of running as the sensible, ITP Republican.  I say Cagle is feeling the heat from Kemp and Tippins.

QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix

« Reply #1453 on: February 27, 2018, 07:38:25 PM »

That was a huge misstep for Cagle. Probably a game changer. This means both the frontrunners in Cagle and Kemp are severely damaged goods. Maybe just maybe this is the year someone breaks through

That's all that I'm taking away from what has transpired recently.  I've been watching local Atlanta media outlets most of today and reaction to Cagle's comments have not been good.

I think this says a lot about the state of the GOP primary.  You don't go out and make statements like this when you feel you're ahead, especially when those statements seem to run counter to your primary strategy of running as the sensible, ITP Republican.  I say Cagle is feeling the heat from Kemp and Tippins.

I think Tippins has the most to gain from this. My dad made his mind up on him a couple of weeks ago and my mom was gonna vote for Cagle. She has since changed her mind to Tippins bc of this. Tippins is pro-medical marijuana (both of them support full legalization though) and anti religious liberty bill , I could see him picking off Cagle's suburban Rs after this blunder. At this point, no one is getting to 50+1 to avoid a runoff , it's just a matter of whether or not Cagle and Kemp are undamaged enough to get into the runoff.
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix

« Reply #1454 on: February 27, 2018, 07:57:34 PM »
« Edited: February 27, 2018, 08:01:36 PM by dotard »

Honestly one of the staceys should drop out to avoid wasting more dem money in a runoff let the repubs waste money battling each other this was a huge part of Jones victory the dems should try and do this

I don't see the D race going to a runoff since it's only the two of them. Abrams is already running low on cash as is. Idk if she could even survive a runoff. She has about $1m less in cash than anyone else.
Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

P P P

« Reply #1455 on: February 27, 2018, 08:01:24 PM »

Honestly one of the staceys should drop out to avoid wasting more dem money in a runoff let the repubs waste money battling each other this was a huge part of Jones victory the dems should try and do this

I don't see the D race going to a runoff since it's only the two of them. Abrams is already running low on cash as is. Idk if she could even survive it.
Both Stacey's are good candidates I wish one of them could run for Lieutenant Governor after a loss in the primary
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1456 on: February 27, 2018, 11:05:51 PM »

Michael Williams on CNN making up a lie that Delta gives discounts to Planned Parenthood.

https://youtu.be/psYc7tLupfM

These people are neanderthals.
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix

« Reply #1457 on: March 02, 2018, 12:17:44 AM »
« Edited: March 02, 2018, 12:21:27 AM by dotard »

Senate passed the bill taking away Delta’s tax credit. No way Deal signs it. Say what you want about him but he’s never moved an inch when it comes to this stuff. Saw on Greg Bluestein’s twitter that Evans officially filed a complaint with the AG about Cagle. Wonder if anyone else on either side chimes in about it
History505
« Reply #1458 on: March 02, 2018, 06:43:58 AM »

Not a Georgia resident, but what is the chance Stacey Abrahams wins this state?
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1459 on: March 02, 2018, 06:52:55 AM »

Senate passed the bill taking away Delta’s tax credit. No way Deal signs it. Say what you want about him but he’s never moved an inch when it comes to this stuff. Saw on Greg Bluestein’s twitter that Evans officially filed a complaint with the AG about Cagle. Wonder if anyone else on either side chimes in about it
With Amazon considering planting their second flag in Atlanta, there's no way he signs this or the gay adoption bill either.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1460 on: March 02, 2018, 08:39:48 AM »

Abrams, not Abrahams.  My feeling is that she has a decent chance in the Democratic primary, but would face an uphill battle in the general election.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1461 on: March 02, 2018, 08:41:12 AM »

With Amazon considering planting their second flag in Atlanta, there's no way he signs this or the gay adoption bill either.

Deal already said he'll sign the tax bill: https://www.ajc.com/news/state--regional-govt--politics/deal-will-sign-tax-bill-without-delta-break-after-nra-flap/aHmjSQvCcRH1c6fdGfvmVN/
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1462 on: March 02, 2018, 08:41:53 AM »

The national Democratic party awarded Georgia Democrats a grant of $100,000 to mobilize black rural turnout ahead of the mid-terms. Its the first grant of its kind. 

https://politics.myajc.com/blog/politics/georgia-dems-plan-initiative-mobilize-rural-black-voters/uNWYowzwKmGSoYMmPrJMQJ/

OMG! The Democrats are finally getting that non-white people live in rural areas. Cheesy
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1463 on: March 02, 2018, 08:45:11 AM »

Wonderful news!
P. Clodius Pulcher did nothing wrong
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -4.96

« Reply #1464 on: March 02, 2018, 09:15:02 AM »

The national Democratic party awarded Georgia Democrats a grant of $100,000 to mobilize black rural turnout ahead of the mid-terms. Its the first grant of its kind. 

https://politics.myajc.com/blog/politics/georgia-dems-plan-initiative-mobilize-rural-black-voters/uNWYowzwKmGSoYMmPrJMQJ/

OMG! The Democrats are finally getting that non-white people live in rural areas. Cheesy

This is awesome! Plus, Let America Vote will be actively supporting Abrams during the summer and fall, replicating what we did in Virginia in 2017, knocking over 100,000 doors
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #1465 on: March 02, 2018, 10:18:26 AM »

If the GOP race goes to a runoff and Abrams is able to avoid one AND mobilize the vote she needs, I'd wager the race is hers.
History505
« Reply #1466 on: March 02, 2018, 10:23:01 AM »

Abrams, not Abrahams.  My feeling is that she has a decent chance in the Democratic primary, but would face an uphill battle in the general election.
Lol! Oops. Thanks.
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix

« Reply #1467 on: March 02, 2018, 03:56:30 PM »
« Edited: March 02, 2018, 04:12:08 PM by dotard »

Imo if Abrams gets the nom it’s pretty dependent on the Republican side because she’s got significantly less cash in the bank than anyone else in the race. As of the quarter ending Jan 31, she has $461k in the bank which is about a million dollars short of anyone else. She’s either going to have to put up a monster quarter or get some outside help (which considering the amount of potential governor pick ups is unlikely). Cagle made a potentially fatal misstep this week and he has the most money. We’ll just have to see how this affects him come May. If it’s say Kemp that wins she won’t have as much ground to make up. She needs to avoid a runoff at all costs too.
Unironic Kamala Harris for President Supporter
BeastCoast
Rookie

« Reply #1468 on: March 02, 2018, 04:26:49 PM »

Interesting
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1469 on: March 02, 2018, 04:34:18 PM »

Just protested at Kemp’s last event on his bus tour. Felt great!

They made us move outside the gates in the park where it was held before we even got to start chanting. Tongue
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix

« Reply #1470 on: March 02, 2018, 04:47:07 PM »

Just protested at Kemp’s last event on his bus tour. Felt great!

They made us move outside the gates in the park where it was held before we even got to start chanting. Tongue

Is he gonna wipe all video of this ever happening? 😜
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1471 on: March 02, 2018, 05:13:25 PM »

Very cool!
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1472 on: March 02, 2018, 07:25:46 PM »

I mentioned earlier in the thread that there were 2 Gwinnett County house members retiring but there are actually FOUR.

Duluth-based HD 97 which was Trump 54-41
Lawrenceville-based HD 102 which was Trump 49-45
Grayson-based HD 105 which was Clinton 52-45
Lilburn-based HD 107 which was Clinton 54-42

There is also HD-48 which was Clinton 51-45

We reallllyyyyyy need to turn out the Latinos and African-Americans in Gwinnett County in HUGE numbers. This county is ground zero for the flip of our state and dismantling the GOP's power in the legislature.
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1473 on: March 03, 2018, 01:09:38 PM »

Which party would a GE runoff be more beneficial to?  I can see a serious argument that it would help Dems given the turnout disparities we are seeing in special elections nationwide.  On the other hand, the GOP has actually done quite well in post-Trump special elections within Georgia.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1474 on: March 03, 2018, 02:24:18 PM »

The Republicans. The GOP is going to get slaughtered on the national level on Election night and they will be hurt and ready to fight back at the ballot box. Especially with crooked Kemp as Secretary of State. He will be throwing us off the rolls left and right.
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 ... 105  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies