To Save A State - a 2022 election game (interest thread) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 01:50:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  To Save A State - a 2022 election game (interest thread) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: To Save A State - a 2022 election game (interest thread)  (Read 1504 times)
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« on: November 11, 2022, 11:38:24 AM »

I rather wish you'd reconsider the idea of allowing real people for this game.

For some reason, the idea of a Phil Knight independent candidacy appeals to me.

Phil Knight would be pretty overpowered at the beginning having unlimited funding and 100% name recognition
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2022, 12:15:25 PM »
« Edited: November 11, 2022, 03:37:17 PM by Orwell »

Name: Tommy Matthews
Age and DOB: 53 (Born: March 12, 1969)
Hometown: Lebanon, Pennsylvania
Current Residence: Eugene, Oregon
Political Party: Democratic
Background: A graduate and former football Wide Receiver at the University of Pennsylvania where he was named a Division 1-FCS All-American in his Senior Season, Matthews entered coaching after brief stints on the practice squads of the Colts and 49ers, He originally worked as the Wide Receivers coach at the University of Nevada, before joining the Oregon Ducks as their Wide Receiver Coach under Head Coach Mark Belotti, he spent 8 seasons as the Wide Receivers coach and co-Offensive Coordinator at Oregon before being promoted to Offensive Coordinator before the 2005 season. Following Belotti's retirement, Matthews was named the next Head Coach of the University of Oregon. During his time as Head Coach of the Ducks, he led them to the 2010 National Championship game, the 2014 National Championship game, and 4 PAC-10/12 titles from 2008 through 2014. He is best known for coaching a fast-tempo offense which led the Ducks to significant success. In 2016 2 years following his retirement, Matthews announced that he has been active in championing social justice causes in Oregon, but is also noted for opposing the rioting in Portland after formerly supporting the 2020 protests, he has been outspoken in his support for police reform though.

Political Record: Strong Supporter of Social Justice initiatives including BLM, but not much is known outside of that for his views.
Visual Description: 6 foot 3 inches and 210 pounds, Matthews is marked by his blonde hair and a strong jaw, he looks like a football player.
Additional Information:
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2022, 12:44:43 PM »

I rather wish you'd reconsider the idea of allowing real people for this game.

For some reason, the idea of a Phil Knight independent candidacy appeals to me.

Phil Knight would be pretty overpowered at the beginning having unlimited funding and 100% name recognition

Need I remind people money does not buy success in politics, or we'd have been talking about President Romney after the 2012 election?

Fair enough, I am going with a fictional former Oregon head coach turned CPC Congressman who has shown support for BLM.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2022, 04:55:56 PM »

I like the concept, but I'd prefer if Matthews didn't primary Bonamici - Oregon's Congressional delegation remains the same as OTL, though I reiterate that fictional state legislator characters are allowed. Also, not sure why a Eugene native would run in the 1st district. If you can remedy this I'd be happy to approve.

Fixed it, Matthews has just been commenting on Social justice issues since leaving UO
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies