2020 Poll Hype Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 12:28:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  2020 Poll Hype Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2020 Poll Hype Thread  (Read 191564 times)
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« on: December 10, 2019, 12:49:15 AM »

If Monmouth really comes out of nowhere and gives Yang/Gabbard a qualifying poll at the 11th hour I’ll be pissed. We need to be clearing the stage of candidates that have no chance.

If you're gonna make me listen to tom steyer and peter paul montgomery buttigieg, I get to make you listen to Yang. Fair's fair.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2020, 09:14:58 PM »

Canceling a poll because one respondent didn't hear a candidate's name is ridiculous. Maybe the interviewer was tired and accidentally skipped over it, maybe they just mispronounced it, maybe the "grassroots supporter" misremembered all of it, who knows.

One (unverifiable!) error in one interview is not going to jeopardize the validity of the poll. This is the Register and CNN backing down over a non-issue because they're afraid of jeopardizing their relationship with the Buttigieg campaign — sets a dangerous precedent for future campaigns getting unfavorable polls canceled.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2020, 09:33:34 PM »

If they recorded all the phone calls, in that case they should be able to listen to the recordings and find verify whether Buttigieg was left off of other calls or not. So do that, take out any calls where Buttigieg's name was left out, and release the poll.
In theory, yes, but not something you can do less than two hours until your big CNN special (after 5pm on a Saturday too). Not sure when the Register's print deadline is, but I'd imagine there's similar timing issues.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2020, 04:20:56 PM »

Winthrop is polling SC

Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2020, 02:18:08 PM »

Just polled by Point Blank Political for a poll of Florida — they are apparently polling by email, which might explain why their results have been garbage thus far.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies