Election 2018 Open Thread - Part 1 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 07:06:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Election 2018 Open Thread - Part 1 (search mode)
Thread note

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Election 2018 Open Thread - Part 1  (Read 209031 times)
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: November 06, 2018, 06:34:02 PM »

I could just imagine what'd happen on Atlas if tonight goes as 2016 did and Republicans overperform expectations, denying Democrats the House and making net gains in the Senate.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2018, 06:37:46 PM »

My guess is Rs are going to do well in rural areas where Trump did well. That is not exactly a surprise, but might mean bad things for various districts like KS-02, MN-01, etc. The best Dem hope at the moment is going to have to be on the suburbs. And we don't really have anything in from those sorts of areas yet.

Violently agree.

The results will be more polarizing than people expect.

That's what I'm thinking as well. The geographic and demographic polarization and political trends we witnessed in 2016 could very well be solidified and expanded upon during this midterm election. That wouldn't bode well for any hope of greater civility in politics. It'd also mean Democrats will have a harder time retaking the Senate and winning the EV College vote, despite almost certainly winning the PV in the future (I say *harder*, but not impossible).
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2018, 07:18:06 PM »

NYT seems to be quite slow tonight in terms of keeping up with the results. Is there a better news site for live, quicker results?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies