FiveThirtyEight: "The Rand Paul Will Win Over Young Voters Myth" (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 11, 2024, 09:27:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  FiveThirtyEight: "The Rand Paul Will Win Over Young Voters Myth" (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FiveThirtyEight: "The Rand Paul Will Win Over Young Voters Myth"  (Read 3448 times)
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« on: August 19, 2014, 06:48:08 PM »

OMG ... he loves "liberty" ... can't wait to see how his arguments to privatise social security and his views on abortion and same-sex marriage, go down with the youngns. Let alone his arse-backwards view on the economy.

Or will they fall for the same crap on drugs and war that sucked in College kids for his dad, whilst ignoring the policies that will actively hurt them?
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2014, 06:58:27 PM »

He clarified what he meant and reaffirmed his support for it.  I didn't agree with his original comments, but I highly doubt it will be this big campaign issue.  It will matter about as much as Hillary's "broke" comment.

Why bother, Rock? They will defend anything Clinton does but lord forbid if Paul makes an odd comment.

Saying numerous times... numerous that you opposed a pretty important clause of the CRA is not a big deal?

Clinton's comment was bone-headed and not especially sensitive, but it's not on par. For the record, while I'd support Clinton, I'm not a hardcore Clintonista. Because I'm assuming that's the angle you're going to take from here until November 2016.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2014, 07:20:35 PM »

The notion that people will discard their beliefs on abortion, gay rights, healthcare, the Civil Rights Act, the environment, etc. just because of muh foreign policy is hilarious.
Look at how True Leftists talk up the Libertarians - who openly want to destroy the social safety net - because of MUH NSA and MUH DRONES.

Yeah, I don't get it. In my experience with True Leftists, their main problem with the Democrats tends to be that they prioritize social issues over economic ones, which is a fair concern. But if that's the case, you'd think libertarians would be their worst enemy.

But... drones?
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2014, 07:34:33 PM »

The notion that people will discard their beliefs on abortion, gay rights, healthcare, the Civil Rights Act, the environment, etc. just because of muh foreign policy is hilarious.
Look at how True Leftists talk up the Libertarians - who openly want to destroy the social safety net - because of MUH NSA and MUH DRONES.

Yeah, I don't get it. In my experience with True Leftists, their main problem with the Democrats tends to be that they prioritize social issues over economic ones, which is a fair concern. But if that's the case, you'd think libertarians would be their worst enemy.

But... drones?
Believe it or, some people care more about not blowing up villages in the Middle East and violating the Constitutional rights of countless people than they do about Social Security. You might not like it, but sometimes people have different priorities than you.

I wasn't aware people only had one issue to care about.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies