Santorum and Allen (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 02:43:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Santorum and Allen (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Santorum and Allen  (Read 4413 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« on: November 08, 2006, 09:13:44 PM »

How do the results in Pennsylvania and Virginia affect potential Santorum and Allen presidential runs in 2008?

They have destroyed them. 

Basically. This election leaves Mitt Romney the prime contender for the conservative vote in the Primaries in 2008.

Mitt Romney - the conservative's choice...

That's when you know you're in bad shape. I disagree with the statement. I think McCain is more of a conservative option than Romney.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2006, 05:56:38 PM »

Sanotrums political career isn't dead. I do seriously think he would be a good Governor of PA if he were to seek that office.

he wouldn't have a chance, a beat down this badly he is finished unless he wants to try a house seat down the line somewhere, any Gubneatorial bid he would get his ass kicked again (though maybe not this bad)

Why would he get his ass kicked again? Who are we to say with certainty how a race six years away will end? For all we know, the PA Dems could become the next OH Republicans and blow every election.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2006, 11:31:45 PM »

Rick Santorum as Secretary of Moral Security!

I've always said that they'd need to actually create a position for him.  Wink
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2006, 12:18:15 AM »

Sanotrums political career isn't dead. I do seriously think he would be a good Governor of PA if he were to seek that office.

he wouldn't have a chance, a beat down this badly he is finished unless he wants to try a house seat down the line somewhere, any Gubneatorial bid he would get his ass kicked again (though maybe not this bad)

Why would he get his ass kicked again? Who are we to say with certainty how a race six years away will end? For all we know, the PA Dems could become the next OH Republicans and blow every election.

Its quite rare that an Incumbent gets his ass kicked statewide and comes back and wins again statewide.  if it was a close election, than maybe, but the voters of PA sent Santorum a clear message.  The message was you suck.  incumbents don't lose that badly and remain relevent.  he is just too conservative for the state and it showed.

Ok but that message doesn't last forever, Smash. Overall, yes, Santorum was disliked but that ass kicking was mostly centered around one man - President Bush - and he won't be President four years from now. But now that he was destroyed, there is no use arguing with you about why since you'll just claim it was mainly on how he was a far right winger, blah, blah, blah. I just can't waste time on dumbs like yourself anymore, Smash. It's far too time consuming.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2006, 10:48:57 AM »

I guess its a bit too simplistic for you to comprehend.  Obviously Santorum being a very close ally with Bush in a state which Bush is strongly disliked hurt him.  Santorum has always been quite conservative, though he has become more conservative over the last few years.  he wasn't always viewed as being in the far right of the party, but now he is, in part due to his close relationship with Bush who is also viewed among the far right.

Actually, he was very much viewed as a far right winger in 1994 and that was a main reason as to why Wofford still had a shot.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

So he could go from being seen as a standard conservative to a far right winger but can't reverse this over four years. Thanks, Smash.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2006, 11:23:38 AM »

I guess its a bit too simplistic for you to comprehend.  Obviously Santorum being a very close ally with Bush in a state which Bush is strongly disliked hurt him.  Santorum has always been quite conservative, though he has become more conservative over the last few years.  he wasn't always viewed as being in the far right of the party, but now he is, in part due to his close relationship with Bush who is also viewed among the far right.

Actually, he was very much viewed as a far right winger in 1994 and that was a main reason as to why Wofford still had a shot.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

So he could go from being seen as a standard conservative to a far right winger but can't reverse this over four years. Thanks, Smash.

Its easier to fall into quicksand then get out of it.

Sorry, Smash, but in politics we need to have a little more meaning behind what we're saying if we want to be taken seriously. I get your point but four years is quite some time to "get out of the quick sand."
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies