Joseph Cao has a long career ahead of him (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 06:41:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Joseph Cao has a long career ahead of him (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Joseph Cao has a long career ahead of him  (Read 10341 times)
Stampever
« on: November 09, 2009, 04:08:05 PM »

He's a one-term wonder, of course, and it's very likely that he never gets elected to anything again. But he'll have other opportunities for the rest of his life.

Are you smoking crack?
Stampever
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2009, 04:12:58 PM »

He's a one-term wonder, of course, and it's very likely that he never gets elected to anything again. But he'll have other opportunities for the rest of his life.

Are you smoking crack?

Do you have anything to say to this?

I think I just did.  Your opening post sounds like it was written by someone on drugs.  "He's a one-term wonder" .... ok, maybe.  However, as he did with this vote, if he represents his district and they are happy, he can be reelected.  After all, isn't that the role of a Representative?  Be the voice of your district?  Additionally, "he'll have other opportunities for the rest of his life."  Well duh!  Handing out smiley-face stickers at Wal-mart is an opportunity.
Stampever
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2009, 04:42:56 PM »

Are you smoking crack?

Do you have anything to say to this?

I think I just did.  Your opening post sounds like it was written by someone on drugs.  "He's a one-term wonder" .... ok, maybe.  However, as he did with this vote, if he represents his district and they are happy, he can be reelected.  After all, isn't that the role of a Representative?  Be the voice of your district?  Additionally, "he'll have other opportunities for the rest of his life."  Well duh!  Handing out smiley-face stickers at Wal-mart is an opportunity.

Your two arguments as to why Xahar sounds like he's on drugs are:
1- Cao can get reelected...um, okay, not according to basically 99% of experts, but if you want to say Cao has a reasonable shot at being reelected, whatever.  Sure, he almost lost in a special election against a guy who was just caught with $90k in cash in his freezer and would have certainly lost to Jefferson in the general election if it had been held on election day...but maybe Cao will have a long and exciting Congressional career!
2- Xahar said "opportunity" in a way that was obvious from his context, but if you distort it, you can make it seem really confusing.  "Opportunities for what, American Idol guest appearances?"  C'mon dude, grow up that makes no sense.

I think my comments perfectly matched that of Xahars (that was the point I was going for, so thank you for making the connection).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies