Could anyone win all 50 states? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 30, 2024, 01:17:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Could anyone win all 50 states? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Could anyone win all 50 states?  (Read 10454 times)
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P

« on: July 02, 2004, 06:32:58 AM »

Well, I can think of some possibilites.

For the Republicans: If it was Lincoln Chafee vs. Dennis Kucinich, Chafee wins all 50 states. Though Kucinich would still win DC (I can't think of any plausible scenario where a Republican wins DC, maybe if it was Bush vs. Kucinich and a major terrorist attack occured right before the election or some such). Even here, Massachusetts and New York would probably be close.

For the Democrats: Jim Matheson vs. Alan Keyes would be a 50 state sweep for Matheson. Likewise, even Idaho and Wyoming would probably be close (the fact that Matheson is from a neighboring state however may put him over the top, plus Keyes is black which would cost him the vote of hardcore white racists). Utah would probably be close to, but it's Matheson's home state.

But barring a situation like the above (where one party nominates a candidate from a state and region in which they are normally very weak, and the other party nominates someone who is just way out there and not from that same region) I don't think anyone would win all 50 states.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies